Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: To add to Webby's post on the front page of this si

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "GBMiah" wrote:
    I was thinking Williams as a no-brainer because he would have been the closest to a "Moss" type receiver. A guy that can essentially outjump anyone on the field, a guy that runs to the corner of the endzone and bring down anything lobbed in the general area. He may have been a touch slow, but he was out of football for a year.
    I think M.Rob does that now. But I wouldn't have cried over Williams. I think Williamson will help us where we need it. Of course we can only assume until it happens.

I did think the Packers getting Rodgers was a great move. A chance to play under a HOF QB for at least a year has got to be a great thing. After that pick though I was scratching my head and the lack of free agency was moves was odd.
    EXCEPT that Rodgers essentially FELL to their pick...so it was more a matter of everyone above them not wanting to draft a QB, then them being so smart and savvy! It only proves to me that they are starting to go into REBUILDING mode...Pack fans had better get used to the cellar for a few years! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Yeah he fell to them, but there were other needs that they really needed that could have been filled. I think by drafting a Qb they did indeed say hey this is our future. A lot of teams seemed to draft for a push this year when IMO they would have been better suited to draft the most critical piece of their future.

I think there were a few teams in the top ten that should have drafted Rodgers.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I guess...but Rodgers falling that far to them was a total gift...I might call it a good move for them, but certainly not great.

The great thing (for us anyway) is that Favre won't have much of a supporting cast, so we should be able to win the division if we play up to our capabilities.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

packer_painkiller is offline Training Camp

I wish I could have sat next to Favre when he heard about the Packers picking Rodgers even though there defense is probably the worst in the NFC (made the worst when the Vikings wooed their best defensive player and leader [it's like the general in an army during the civil war switching from the south to the north]) Favre was prob. thinking, ok Cody is still on the board and he would really help our team this year, this is going to be good. "With the 24th pick in the 2005 NFL draft, the Packers select.... Aaron Rodgers?" Favre probably ran out of his trailer screaming "WTF" before hopping on his four wheeler and riding it off.
    Does it matter what anyone says here? ---The packers still suck!!!!!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    [size=18px]Its officially over for the slackers. They will never be able to recover from the beating we put on them in the playoffs. Good luck going 4-12 for many season to come, but than again pack fans are used to going 4-12.[/size]

We can all hope this is the case, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens! Never say never!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567