Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

The 10 Toughest Losses in Green Bay Packers Histor

The 10 Toughest Losses in Green Bay Packers History

After an exciting game but crushing defeat for the Green Bay Packers, I decided to look back into the past to see where this loss ranks among the most painful and difficult losses.

Despite winning twelbe (sic) championships, Green Bay has suffered some of the most hurtful losses in NFL history. Many of the games are considered classics, yet Green Bay fans would love nothing more than to forget about them.

Be warned Packer fans, some of these games will reopen wounds that we have tried to move on from.

Not the Randy faux-moon game? Holy Jack Buck, Batman.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:The 10 Toughest Losses in Green Bay Packers Histor

VikingMike wrote:
    The 10 Toughest Losses in Green Bay Packers History

After an exciting game but crushing defeat for the Green Bay Packers, I decided to look back into the past to see where this loss ranks among the most painful and difficult losses.

Despite winning twelbe (sic) championships, Green Bay has suffered some of the most hurtful losses in NFL history. Many of the games are considered classics, yet Green Bay fans would love nothing more than to forget about them.

Be warned Packer fans, some of these games will reopen wounds that we have tried to move on from.

Not the Randy faux-moon game? Holy Jack Buck, Batman.
    The link doesn't work.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/324345-the-top-ten-toughest-losses-for-the-green-bay-packers

I think that's the same article...

And if this guy doesn't have the Randy Moss mooning loss in there, he doesn't know what he's talking about. The Vikings were only the second 8-8 team to win a playoff game... and the Panthers were the first, who accomplished the feet a few hours earlier... PLUS Green Bay had swept us during the regular season.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re:The 10 Toughest Losses in Green Bay Packers His

C Mac D wrote:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/324345-the-top-ten-toughest-losses-for-the-green-bay-packers

And if this guy doesn't have the Randy Moss mooning loss in there, he doesn't know what he's talking about. The Vikings were only the second 8-8 team to win a playoff game... and the Panthers were the first, who accomplished the feet a few hours earlier... PLUS Green Bay had swept us during the regular season.

Yes C Mac, that's the link...can't believe they left that game out...and he goes back to 1938!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I don't have a problem with the Moss-moon game not being in there. I'm surprised that the game with the Eagles where they convert a 4th and 26 wasn't higher up the list. That is kind of the epitome of having the game won, and then somehow blowing it. Very reminiscent to me of the Vikings Hail Mary loss to the Cowboys. The Vikings were dominating the Cowboys on that final drive, but Staubach completes a 25 yard pass on 4th and 17 from his own 25, and then hits the bomb to Pearson.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:

Maybe cause they were beat down so bad. I was at that game. Boy was that fun. Packer fans were so pissed. It should be in the top 10.

green hornet is offline Starter

I would say the 49ers playoff loss should be a lot higher just because of the rice fumble that was incorrectly called. That game is what brought instant replay into the NFL.

The eagle game also should be higher. 4th and 26 is a tough one to give up, although, at the packers/bengals game this year, the bengals had 3rd and 35 and picked up 40 on a TE screen, yes a TE screen. And as you know the bengals are not known for having a great TE.

The playoff game vs the vikes was not a big deal because the packers were not that good of a team that year just like the vikes. Neither team had a chance to make the SB.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

green hornet wrote:
    I would say the 49ers playoff loss should be a lot higher just because of the rice fumble that was incorrectly called. That game is what brought instant replay into the NFL.

The eagle game also should be higher. 4th and 26 is a tough one to give up, although, at the packers/bengals game this year, the bengals had 3rd and 35 and picked up 40 on a TE screen, yes a TE screen. And as you know the bengals are not known for having a great TE.

The playoff game vs the vikes was not a big deal because the packers were not that good of a team that year just like the vikes. Neither team had a chance to make the SB.
    For your viewing pleasure. lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOEq7p4r00U
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

green hornet is offline Starter

This is a better Utube clip, enjoy, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnl1YqcBQfg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

green hornet wrote:
    This is a better Utube clip, enjoy, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnl1YqcBQfg
    The whole meathead era was a joke. I'll be the first to admit that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast