Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Re: Your Draft Predictions

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "sufuvike93" wrote:
    Don't we all love hippies ;D
    Free love? You bet. But like all hippies, Desean Jackson promises change, without substance. He is just a short return guy. I have read that the Chiefs at 5 want to trade down. Who could the 'Vikes grab at #5 that would make an immediate impact? The two teams have a good working relationship ie: scrimmiges and the like. Who says a trade can't be worked out before-hand, assuming the 'Vikes see a guy they want bad enough. A trade up to 5 is a distinct possibility. ???
    Unless the Vikes are looking for Ryan, Ellis or McFadden jumping to 5 seems to be too big a jump and will be pricy
    Well, the team does have that very crucial extra 3rd rnd pick. That alone gives the team some wiggle room. also, a FO guy said something like the team may have some moves planned for the draft. I still think a swap with the Chiefs makes some sense. Alot of mocks have Ryan going there, if the chiefs do not get out of the picks. Maybe the 'Vikes just might swap for the guy? It's fun to theorize. Just getting real excited about it.
    Well, using the standard draft chart, a fair deal would be the #5 pick and KC's 4th round pick for our 1st, 2nd, and two 3rd round picks (1784 total points to 1785 total points).

Using the new chart provided by profootballtalk.com, a fair deal would be the #5 pick for our 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th round picks (880 total points to 883 total points).

Using my own modified version of the top of the draft chart (as explained here), a fair trade would be the #5 pick for our 1st and 2nd round picks, along with our second 3rd round pick (1550 total points to 1560 total points).

Personally, and I may be biased, I think the trade proposed by my version is the most realistic.
    In my opinion, the standard chart suggests a trade that would be too costly from the Vikes perspective, while the PFT chart suggests a trade that probably wouldn't do it for the Chiefs.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "sufuvike93" wrote:
    Free love? You bet. But like all hippies, Desean Jackson promises change, without substance. He is just a short return guy. I have read that the Chiefs at 5 want to trade down. Who could the 'Vikes grab at #5 that would make an immediate impact? The two teams have a good working relationship ie: scrimmiges and the like. Who says a trade can't be worked out before-hand, assuming the 'Vikes see a guy they want bad enough. A trade up to 5 is a distinct possibility. ???
    Unless the Vikes are looking for Ryan, Ellis or McFadden jumping to 5 seems to be too big a jump and will be pricy
    Well, the team does have that very crucial extra 3rd rnd pick. That alone gives the team some wiggle room. also, a FO guy said something like the team may have some moves planned for the draft. I still think a swap with the Chiefs makes some sense. Alot of mocks have Ryan going there, if the chiefs do not get out of the picks. Maybe the 'Vikes just might swap for the guy? It's fun to theorize. Just getting real excited about it.
    Its like Christmas presents, are we going to get something neat or is it going to be socks
    I love getting new socks. Nothing like starting out a day by putting on a brand new pair of socks. If I ever get rich I'm gonna wear a new pair of socks every day. Sure it's not as exciting as a remote controll car or something but in a couple of weeks the car is collecting dust and the socks are still keeping your feet warm all day long. 8)

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    [quote author=sufuvike93 link=topic=43849.msg757608#msg757608 date=1207938582]
    Its like Christmas presents, are we going to get something neat or is it going to be socks
    I love getting new socks. Nothing like starting out a day by putting on a brand new pair of socks. If I ever get rich I'm gonna wear a new pair of socks every day. Sure it's not as exciting as a remote controll car or something but in a couple of weeks the car is collecting dust and the socks are still keeping your feet warm all day long. 8)

[/quote]

I never got socks, all I ever got was a shiny new penny and half an apple.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011