Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are you willing to trade up to #3 to get Calvin Johnson?

Draft value wise it would take our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks to trade up to #3 to get CJ.
    Who would be willing to do that?
    Personally, I would really really like to have CJ, but I wouldn't be willing to do that.
    If Brady Quinn, Adrian Peterson, and CJ are gone at #7, I would want us to trade down a little and then get an extra draft pick and land L. Landry.
    Some drafts also have us taking a DE at #7.
    I guess with our lack of pass rush last year I'm willing to think about that....but we'd better be sure about him since we've recently drafted so many high d-linemen.

ranasrule is offline Rookie

Re: Are you willing to trade up to #3 to get Calvin Johnson?

i say we stay put and get David Carr for a 4th rounder and draft Ted Ginn with the 7th pick

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Its normal this offtime season everyone speaks about our chances to make some spectacular moves and trades ,getting
    a QB and WR of relevance,but from my point of view nothing of this will happen,Why?Plain and simple B Childress is an ultra conservative person.

I am sure if it was possible, we d pick C J in the Draft but by that time the WR will have been selected ,then I predict we ll select a DE or TE with our 7th pick in first round,then in 2nd round we ll pick an average WR.The rest of the team will be completed with free agents or scouting,making salary space for future seasons.

No spectacular moves,no QBs(TJ will be our man in the pocket
    next season) and a rebuilding year for Vikes,I hope I am wrong but I dont think so

Brad Childress wont take risks ,sad but true
    El underdog.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

the draft is such a crap shoot that i would be really hesitent to trade up to pick anybody.

the saints didn't trade up to get colsten..

did we trade up to get moss?
    i don't think so..

i agree with all those who say.. Trade down, get extra picks and spread around
    the draft.. maybe we can find that 1 or 2 players that shine.. hopefully and get 3 - 4 players that become starters!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

This horse has been beaten pretty well, check for a draft thread disscussion, but welcome anyway.

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

I would like to get CJ with a trade up in the draft but it would depend on the price. Getting rid of key players and 2nd or 3rd rounds picks with with key players could be a very unwise move.

all in all nothing will happen, we wont make any big deals/trades and will pick whom ever chilly likes in the 7th spot.(probably not a WR) you can bet we will be looking for WRs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds though.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Along with moving up will come a hefty price tag, i wouldn't do that for any player.

I still believe we can rebuild or WR's corp and build a respectable group thru, FA and the Draft...

So I say, NO to moving up.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

peadawg is offline Training Camp

<start rant> I think Chilly really needs to take another look at Jason Carter.
    That kid was catching everything last year in the preseason.
    I know it was the preseason, but all reports I read, said that kid could catch.
    His main liability (if you want to call it that), was his height.
    I don't think they say that about Steve Smith anymore though.
    I think Childress needs to get with it, and look internally...that and his dumba$$ trading away Baskett...</end rant>
    "Golf is the only sport you can talk about threesomes, foursomes, and the size of your balls. "

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"El" wrote:
    B Childress is an ultra conservative person.

Brad Childress wont take risks ,sad but true
    A lot of people, including me for a while, seem to confuse Childress's conservative offensive strategy with his draft strategy.
    But don't forget that Childress has shown a willingness to trade up to get the player he wants last year when he traded to get TJ.
    Childress also made the attempt to move up to take Culter, but he didn't want to pay the asking price.

Those two acts tell me that Childress is willing to make the attempt to trade up and get CJ.
    Whether or not he will be willing to pay the end price is still up in the air.
    My hunch is no.

Also keep in mind that the draft value charts that people like to look at online are not the same draft value charts that each team uses.
    Every team puts together their own draft value chart each year based on the players in the draft.
    For instance, there could be three players in the draft that are undeniably the top three, but their actual value is pretty close.
    In this case picks 1-3 would be closer in value.
    The ones that are posted on the internet represent the average of several years of drafting, and are not specific to any year in particular.
    That means that we don't know for sure what the price tag on the #3 pick would be because we don't really know what the TB, Cleveland, or Vikings draft charts look like this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

As much as I would love to see CJ wearing purple and yellow in his NFL career, I would hate to give up that much for any 1 player.. With that said, I believe there is a strong chance that we land Dante Stallworth in FA, and possibly get David Carr in a trade..

If that were to happen, then I say if CJ is not available at #7 then we choose either Ted Ginn, or Dwayne Jarrett with the 7th pick.. I am sure that the team will address the right side of the line in FA, if there is anyone that is worth signing.. If Carr has the supporting cast around him, he could be a very good QB.. This is assuming we get him..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast