Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Yo, Adrian ........ (Adrian Peterson)

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I hope that if Adrian is still on the board at 7 the Vikes take him, and then trade up into the 1st round and take the most underrated player in the draft Dwayne Jarrett.

Dwayne has been slipping and I don't understand why the guy was the 2nd best (some said 1st) receiver in the draft after this years college season and the bowl games and he is a weapon yet his stock has dropped.

He is now projected to go anywhere between 22 and 28 and if he is available at 24 the cost would be 740 points by the chart value system and our 2nd and 3rd round picks equal 740 points.

This would give us the top running back and the 2nd best receiver in the draft and instant offense.

Round 1

7)
    Adrian Peterson

24) Dwayne Jarrett

Round 4

Quentin Moses
    Jarrett has been slipping because he hasn't had the speed off the line, and that questions whether he can get separation from the defenders.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Finally someone else who thinkd Moses will be a good DE!

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

I hope that if Adrian is still on the board at 7 the Vikes take him, and then trade up into the 1st round and take the most underrated player in the draft Dwayne Jarrett.

Dwayne has been slipping and I don't understand why the guy was the 2nd best (some said 1st) receiver in the draft after this years college season and the bowl games and he is a weapon yet his stock has dropped.

He is now projected to go anywhere between 22 and 28 and if he is available at 24 the cost would be 740 points by the chart value system and our 2nd and 3rd round picks equal 740 points.

This would give us the top running back and the 2nd best receiver in the draft and instant offense.

Round 1

7)
    Adrian Peterson

24) Dwayne Jarrett

Round 4

Quentin Moses

this would be sweet if we did that

Answer to what? The guy had 1200 yards last year and would have had 1500 if he wouldn't have gotten nicked up!

IMO, running back is one of the positions we DON'T need to draft, but Adrian Peterson would be hard to pass up. It never hurt to have two capable running backs, but our problems run much deeper than that.

his not the answer... with the o line he has in front of him he should of scored at least 12 tds he scored 6 and with 300+ att running behind are line he should have got way more than 1200 yards and on one att he got 100 yards so he doesnt get that his average is way lower he ant that good A.P. would be ten times better and the future for the vikings TAYLOR is just a good third down back at that

"DustinDupont" wrote:

Round 1

7)
    Adrian Peterson

24) Dwayne Jarrett

Round 4

Quentin Moses

this would be sweet if we did that

Answer to what? The guy had 1200 yards last year and would have had 1500 if he wouldn't have gotten nicked up!

IMO, running back is one of the positions we DON'T need to draft, but Adrian Peterson would be hard to pass up. It never hurt to have two capable running backs, but our problems run much deeper than that.

his not the answer... with the o line he has in front of him he should of scored at least 12 tds he scored 6 and with 300+ att running behind are line he should have got way more than 1200 yards and on one att he got 100 yards so he doesnt get that his average is way lower he ant that good A.P. would be ten times better and the future for the vikings TAYLOR is just a good third down back at that
    For one we have much greater needs than at the running back position. Also as far as Dwayne Jarrett, the reason he has been slipping is because he ran 4.62, not a very good time for NFL receivers. I would also like to know a time when he was ever considered a better prospect than Calvin Johnson. Giving up picks for a guy like Dwayne Jarrett would be ridiculous. We could have a chance at his teamate Steve Smith in the second round(a guy who outperformed Jarrett at SC in 06).

its not all about speed... whos the best reciever ever... rice and he ran a slow 40 and did u see jarrett blow past leon hall the number one corner in the draft time after time in the usc michigan game... his got football speed.. and would be a great redzone threat and A.P. is AMAZING go to youtube type his name in and just watch if his there at number 7 we should pick him in a heart beat he could come in right away in do great

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    its not all about speed... whos the best reciever ever... rice and he ran a slow 40 and did u see jarrett blow past leon hall the number one corner in the draft time after time in the usc michigan game... his got football speed.. and would be a great redzone threat and A.P. is AMAZING go to youtube type his name in and just watch if his there at number 7 we should pick him in a heart beat he could come in right away in do great
    Well he also had a few drops apparently, and has shown some troubles on his game tapes when he is jammed at the line.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    Go to youtube and you can find highlight videos that make any player look amazing. Yes i realize speed isnt everything, but production means something. Yes Jarrett did produce, but so did Bowe, Meachem, Ginn, Smith, etc....

yeah i would like any of those wideouts but i just think jarrett would be a good fit and a good redzone threat and he has great hands... and the fact that he torched leon hall has to tell you

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    yeah i would like any of those wideouts but i just think jarrett would be a good fit and a good redzone threat and he has great hands... and the fact that he torched leon hall has to tell you
    One game will not sell me on anyone. Plenty of former WR's taken in the first roudn torched pretty good defensive backs and didnt end up doing poo in the NFL

i dont know wut happened but going on from wut i was saying above JARRETT is going be a good wr u guys are just stuck on him that he ran a slow 40 who cares his got football spped

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast