Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Yo, Adrian ........ (Adrian Peterson)

They may opt to go with the BPA, regardless of need. Peterson may be there, but if that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    They may opt to go with the BPA, regardless of need. Peterson may be there, but if that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down.
    id be mad i would want to take AP, if they trade down they would probably get a couple good picks, but still AP in '07
    ;D

Thanks josdin00

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr." wrote:
    I deff wont be mad come draft day we take AP.Since the whole "two headed duel RB" threat has really caught on, he'd be a nice addition.However i'm a big Moore supporter, and this move would push him to third on the depth chart.I think signing a RB in the 3rd or 4th is a good idea.Lorenzo Booker out of FL ST, would be a great WCO RB.He reminds me alot of Warrick Dunn/Brian Westbrook.

However competition at every level is great.So bringing in AP deff wouldnt hurt anything.
    Booker is one that i would like the Vikes to look at as well further in the draft. But If AP is ther at #7 it may be hard to pas on him.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

My guess is that Peterson won't be there when we pick.

I heard on ESPN (as reliable as they are) that the Browns have Russell #1, Peterson #2 and Quinn #3. The guy was saying if the Browns take Peterson then Quinn might fall like Leinart did last year.

IDK.....I'd take either of them!

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Me Too

Our main priority is offense this year. I mean Quinn would make a good QB for years too come and Adrian Peterson would take the pressure of Tarvaris Jackson if he starts.

Formerly Viking24

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"ViKing24" wrote:
    Me Too

Our main priority is offense this year. I mean Quinn would make a good QB for years too come and Adrian Peterson would take the pressure of Tarvaris Jackson if he starts.
    noooo to quinn, if we dont get AP trade down pick up another pick, draft Jarrett, or Meachem, and if we trade far to around 20 then Ginn.

Thanks josdin00

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i dont think c. taylor is the answer and if A.P. was still there on the board it would be a no brainer to get em i might even trade up for this kind of guy his one a kind

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I hope that if Adrian is still on the board at 7 the Vikes take him, and then trade up into the 1st round and take the most underrated player in the draft Dwayne Jarrett.

Dwayne has been slipping and I don't understand why the guy was the 2nd best (some said 1st) receiver in the draft after this years college season and the bowl games and he is a weapon yet his stock has dropped.

He is now projected to go anywhere between 22 and 28 and if he is available at 24 the cost would be 740 points by the chart value system and our 2nd and 3rd round picks equal 740 points.

This would give us the top running back and the 2nd best receiver in the draft and instant offense.

Round 1

7)
    Adrian Peterson

24) Dwayne Jarrett

Round 4

Quentin Moses
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I forgot to mention that the 24th pick is New England's and it is the pick they got from Seattle and they have 2 1st round picks so they might be interested in trading it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    i dont think c. taylor is the answer and if A.P. was still there on the board it would be a no brainer to get em i might even trade up for this kind of guy his one a kind
    Answer to what? The guy had 1200 yards last year and would have had 1500 if he wouldn't have gotten nicked up!

IMO, running back is one of the positions we DON'T need to draft, but Adrian Peterson would be hard to pass up. It never hurt to have two capable running backs, but our problems run much deeper than that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast