Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    ragz is offline GM

Re: Gus Frerotte, what the heck is going on here?

"Schutz" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mamaluke" wrote:
    Man oh man,

All I hear is this talk about how our high almighty owner wants nothing more than to win a Superbowl.
    Schutz, I can see your point that there is not much of a QB pool out there to take from but I would be more than willing to send away a high draft pick, 2nd or 3rd rounder, or possibly even a 1st rounder
    to bring in a more qualified proven winner (with a career QB rating higher than 74) to not only be the back-up, but to outright challenge TJ for the starting job. How about Garcia, or maybe McNabb or Pennington. I am so sick and tired about hearing how we are building a winning franchise and we just need to be patient. This league is not the same league from 20 or 30 years ago. It has been 32 freakin years since our last trip to a Superbowl, how much more patient can you expect a fan to be? Look at the Cowboys for example, they have been REBUILDING ever since the days of Aikman, Smith and Ervin. How about the 49ers, REBUILDING since Montana, Rice.
    The bottom line is winning NOW!!!!!!! It seems like the Packers, whom are supposedy REBUILDING and also whom I despise by the way, have figured out a way to get it done and were one step away from the Superbowl last year. This Viking franchise needs to step it up a notch and make this happen now!!! And let me add this, if TJ does not pan out, which I afraid just might happen, we are looking at a very long time before we are looking at the playoffs as a reality. Chilly must be praying to the Gods every night that this kid works out or else we are going to look. especially him, like a bunch of losers. I know this is off the topic, but I was watching a show about the Cowboys on the NFL network and they were discussing the worst trade ever made in NFL history where we traded everything but the kitchen sink for Herschel Walker. The Cowboys went and won about 3 or 4 Superbowls as a result and the Vikes were watching it all unfold right in front of their eyes. I am old enough to remember that vividly and it still makes me want to vomit. If anyone is unfamiliar with that deal, please take a minute to check it out. Once again I can talk till I am blue in the face and all that really matters is what unfolds during the season. I can only hope for the best but so far It seems that there must be something to what I am saying as just look at the franchise's more than recent futility. How long has it been we have been REBUILDING???????
    Two years.
    I think you have to win a Superbowl before you can re-build.
    So I'd say we've been trying to BUILD since 1961.
    to be fair guys, we should get some credit for building 3 championships for dallas in the early 90's.
    i know, i know, i shouldn't have went there.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Gus Frerotte, what the heck is going on here?

"ragz" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mamaluke" wrote:
    Man oh man,

All I hear is this talk about how our high almighty owner wants nothing more than to win a Superbowl.
    Schutz, I can see your point that there is not much of a QB pool out there to take from but I would be more than willing to send away a high draft pick, 2nd or 3rd rounder, or possibly even a 1st rounder
    to bring in a more qualified proven winner (with a career QB rating higher than 74) to not only be the back-up, but to outright challenge TJ for the starting job. How about Garcia, or maybe McNabb or Pennington. I am so sick and tired about hearing how we are building a winning franchise and we just need to be patient. This league is not the same league from 20 or 30 years ago. It has been 32 freakin years since our last trip to a Superbowl, how much more patient can you expect a fan to be? Look at the Cowboys for example, they have been REBUILDING ever since the days of Aikman, Smith and Ervin. How about the 49ers, REBUILDING since Montana, Rice.
    The bottom line is winning NOW!!!!!!! It seems like the Packers, whom are supposedy REBUILDING and also whom I despise by the way, have figured out a way to get it done and were one step away from the Superbowl last year. This Viking franchise needs to step it up a notch and make this happen now!!! And let me add this, if TJ does not pan out, which I afraid just might happen, we are looking at a very long time before we are looking at the playoffs as a reality. Chilly must be praying to the Gods every night that this kid works out or else we are going to look. especially him, like a bunch of losers. I know this is off the topic, but I was watching a show about the Cowboys on the NFL network and they were discussing the worst trade ever made in NFL history where we traded everything but the kitchen sink for Herschel Walker. The Cowboys went and won about 3 or 4 Superbowls as a result and the Vikes were watching it all unfold right in front of their eyes. I am old enough to remember that vividly and it still makes me want to vomit. If anyone is unfamiliar with that deal, please take a minute to check it out. Once again I can talk till I am blue in the face and all that really matters is what unfolds during the season. I can only hope for the best but so far It seems that there must be something to what I am saying as just look at the franchise's more than recent futility. How long has it been we have been REBUILDING???????
    Two years.
    I think you have to win a Superbowl before you can re-build.
    So I'd say we've been trying to BUILD since 1961.
    to be fair guys, we should get some credit for building 3 championships for dallas in the early 90's.
    i know, i know, i shouldn't have went there.

hahaha ragz... ouch.
    dangerous grounds there..

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: WTF...Frerotte???

[size=13pt]Frerotte Accepts Mentoring Role[/size]

By Scout.com

Posted Apr 12, 2008

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: WTF...Frerotte???

T-Jack has to see these QB's coming in as a little bit of insentive... KH and now Gus both got paid more than him while being brought in as his backups.

Play well, get dat money

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041