Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WR Thin

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Re: WR Thin

I wouldn't mind picking up another wide receiver, but I would not want to use a first or second round pick doing it, I would rather pick one up in free agency

Thanks PurpleMafia

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

If b leaves we get a third rounder so he'll prolly stay
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

JDante is offline Rookie

CHAD JACKSON YEAAAAH BOYEEEE!
    Yea.

i think we will resign K-rob!!! If we don't Sinorice Moss wouldn't be a bad thing!! I have seen alot of mock drafts show him in the late 2nd!!! I don't think he will be there but if he is i would snag him!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

JDante is offline Rookie

Koren Robinson, why is everyone all excited about him? he was the best of the worst set of recievers i have seen on the vikings in a long time. mattafact he wasnt even the best wiggins was. koren robinson is not that good, hes prettty slow and not very agile, but has nice accelaration and can maybe maybe break a tackle or two.

Nate burleson is not bizness. he can jump, leap would be a better word and he can catch real good. but as far as getting open, well thats not any of the vikings strong points.

we need a guy who can create mismatches for the defense. chad jackson baby, minnesota viking. chea!
    Yea.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

Why is everyone so high on Chad Jackson, he is fast, so what, we already have a speed guy. Plus, the West-Coast Offense is built on short strikes to possesion receivers and the occasional deep ball. The ball won't be getting thrown deep very often at all from now on. We don't need this guy unless he falls WAY down in the draft.

Thanks Lotza!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"JDante" wrote:
    Koren Robinson, why is everyone all excited about him? he was the best of the worst set of recievers i have seen on the vikings in a long time. mattafact he wasnt even the best wiggins was. koren robinson is not that good, hes prettty slow and not very agile, but has nice accelaration and can maybe maybe break a tackle or two.

Nate burleson is not bizness. he can jump, leap would be a better word and he can catch real good. but as far as getting open, well thats not any of the vikings strong points.

we need a guy who can create mismatches for the defense. chad jackson baby, minnesota viking. chea!
    a

Dude, Chad Jackson will be GONE by the time we pick...so forget about him!

And KRob didn't know all of the plays last season, so we didn't even see what he could fully do for us yet. He was a first-rounder who has already proven in his early years with Seattle that he can perform...Chad Jackson is just hype so far...no proof that he can make it in the NFL yet!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/RobiKo00.htm

Look specifically at the 2002 and 2003 season (where he played almost every game and before he experienced his alcohol problems...that he has overcome BTW)

Remember, Cris Carter came to us with many of the same issues...and look at where he ended up...HOF for sure!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"damien927" wrote:
    Why is everyone so high on Chad Jackson, he is fast, so what, we already have a speed guy. Plus, the West-Coast Offense is built on short strikes to possesion receivers and the occasional deep ball. The ball won't be getting thrown deep very often at all from now on. We don't need this guy unless he falls WAY down in the draft.
    Why, you will just have to wait and see him play. He runs at high speed and catches at high speed. He has some of the best hand eye coordination that I have see a WR have. Quick to get his hands up and on the ball. He also give the QB a large target because he can get his hands to the ball, what ever his wing span is, that is your target, plus the speed to run down a ball or slugo the DB. If I am wrong about this guy, I will be glad to eat crow. But I don't think I will have to even think about the crow or even how awful it is. He is going to be a star in the NFL, if he is given the chance.

Oh ya, he won't be a Viking he will be gone and I don't think we are going to draft another WR for a long time.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

All we need is a good offensive line and a linebacker.

The offensive line is the key to success on any team no matter how you look at it.

We need a good athletic, and experienced linebacker to play in the Tampa 2, I think we should pick up LaVar Arrington.

Trade Brian Williams to San Fran for their second round pick, and draft Sinorice Moss, if Koren wants to demand a huge amount of money for the only team that gave him a second chance, I dont give a flying fuck if he leaves.

We don't need to blow a huge amount of money on a FA RB like Edgerrin James, when we can draft DeAngelo Williams.

He might not have the size, but he is a workhorse, and has proven that in college.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "damien927" wrote:
    Why, you will just have to wait and see him play. He runs at high speed and catches at high speed. He has some of the best hand eye coordination that I have see a WR have. Quick to get his hands up and on the ball. He also give the QB a large target because he can get his hands to the ball, what ever his wing span is, that is your target, plus the speed to run down a ball or slugo the DB. If I am wrong about this guy, I will be glad to eat crow. But I don't think I will have to even think about the crow or even how awful it is. He is going to be a star in the NFL, if he is given the chance.

Oh ya, he won't be a Viking he will be gone and I don't think we are going to draft another WR for a long time.

Yeah, Chad Jackson looks like he is gonna be a stud. He kind of reminds me of a faster TO, without the attitude though. Just because he is fast doesn't mean he is just a downfield type of receiver and not a good fit for the WCO. Jackson actually runs routes very cleanly and is good after the catch.

We aren't gonna draft a WR, but Chad Jackson is a stud WR if you ask me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast