Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WR Thin

mackd10 is offline Rookie

WR Thin

With K-rob going to FA, and M-Rob getting older. Don't be surprised if we draft another receiver in the first two rounds. Chad Jackson, S,Moss, and that guy out of Arizona St.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Re: WR Thin

I doubt they will draft a wide receiver in the first round. Burleson and Williamson are both young and developing, and should be solid this year. Taylor also showed last year he could make some plays.

Also, K. Robinson may be back, as the Vikes have the right to match any offer he receives.

Why do you think we need to add receivers and defensive linemen, which in my opinion are the two deepest areas on the roster?

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

if we get a running back, fix our o line in free agency and get a line backer we just might draft a receiver. chad jackson is fast like williamson but how good is he really and will he be there at 17? only way i can see us grabbing a receiver is if robinson is gone because i just don't know how much the team is interested in burleson because they havn't made him a decent offer. if both of them are gone we probably would draft a receiver for sure, however if the cba don't go through there might be a good enough receiver released.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    if we get a running back, fix our o line in free agency and get a line backer we just might draft a receiver. chad jackson is fast like williamson but how good is he really and will he be there at 17? only way i can see us grabbing a receiver is if robinson is gone because i just don't know how much the team is interested in burleson because they havn't made him a decent offer. if both of them are gone we probably would draft a receiver for sure, however if the cba don't go through there might be a good enough receiver released.

yep!! to all of it..

A good and healthy D-line in the cover 2 is a must. And a deep Wr core is a must in the West Coast Off. A new Coaching Staff dictate's this draft. Not the old one .......Alberta

A good and healthy D-line in the cover 2 is a must. And a deep Wr core is a must in the West Coast Off. A new Coaching Staff dictate's this draft. Not the old one .......Alberta
    I agree that a good D-Line and Receiver core is important in the new defense and offense we will be running. And I realize that the new coaching staff isn't going to base their decisions based on what round certain guys currently on the roster were taken in. All I'm saying is we already have quality players and depth at those positions, so there would be no point in drafting new guys.

Just because the new coaching staff didn't personally select these guys doesn't mean they can't see that they have talent. It doesn't take an NFL head coach to see where our weak spots are, and the moment that doesn't include the D-Line or the Receivers.

Good point Alberta. But I feel with good coaching and a great owner the players at our so-called weak positions will shock alot of people this year.

Good point Alberta. But I feel with good coaching and a great owner the players at our so-called weak positions will shock alot of people this year.
    I agree.

I think that lots of players could have good years this season with better coaching. Dontarrious Thomas, EJ Henderson, Troy Williamson, Mewelde Moore, and Marcus Johnson can all be great players for us with the right coaching. I hope that the new staff brings out the best in these guys.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"alberta_vike" wrote:
    I doubt they will draft a wide receiver in the first round. Burleson and Williamson are both young and developing, and should be solid this year. Taylor also showed last year he could make some plays.

Also, K. Robinson may be back, as the Vikes have the right to match any offer he receives.

Why do you think we need to add receivers and defensive linemen, which in my opinion are the two deepest areas on the roster?
    You're assuming we'll have Burleson this year. With him being a FA, he just very well could be signed by another team. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikes have the right to match any offer to Burleson and K-Rob and the reason they are getting the chance to test the market is to see what the market acutally is on WR's since everything is so F'd up. Vikes will match their offers and will still be the deepest in the league. I cant see another WR being drafter until 4th round at the soonest. OL, LB and RB are the 1st priority

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast