Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

WR To Keep An Eye On?

Stole this off another site. It's a breakdown of the practice sessions for the N/S game. I found this interesting...

• It has become apparent in just two practices that Purdue WR Dorien Bryant is the most polished receiver here. With good quickness off the line, Bryant shows the ability to break down a corner's cushion right out of the gate. Bryant will also attack defenders with proper position that creates leverage, giving him ability to get solid separation out of his breaks. One of Bryant's highlights of the day was during the one-on-one period. Showing sound technique getting off the line against press man, Bryant was able to swim and get to the outside. Displaying great body control, Bryant was able to stop instantly on a fade thrown behind him and attack the ball and come down with the reception. Adding to his résumé, Bryant also looked very effective as a return man during the special teams period.

• Bryant wasn't the only North receiver to impress scouts this morning. California's Lavelle Hawkins continues to turn heads with his consistency. Hawkins runs smooth and crisp routes, knows how to separate from man-coverage and does an excellent job of plucking the ball on the run. Hawkins shined during the one-on-one periods, beating defenders all three times he lined up. He used quick feet to beat the jam at the line and also displayed the top-end speed to beat Boston College CB DeJuan Tribble down the sideline for a deep reception. One of his more impressive plays came during the team period. After slipping out of his break, Hawkins was able to recover and do a nice job of going down low to make the reception on a curl route.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: WR To Keep An Eye On?

Interesting tidbits... haven't heard of these guys.

Keep em coming

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

this is why i like this site, i can pay abosolutely 0 attention to college ball all year long then hear about all the good players out there with virtually no effort on my part lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

mnguyinames is offline Waterboy

first of all, who hasn't heard of bryant? Second, I love both of these guys. I'm a huge big ten guy, and I also played college fantasy football this year so i know both players well. Bryant is gonna be a steve smith type and would look amazing in purple. Hawkins played a great second fiddle to DeSean Jackson this year at Cal. Either of these guys would be a welcome addition to our weak ass passing game.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Stole this off another site. It's a breakdown of the practice sessions for the N/S game. I found this interesting...

• It has become apparent in just two practices that Purdue WR Dorien Bryant is the most polished receiver here. With good quickness off the line, Bryant shows the ability to break down a corner's cushion right out of the gate. Bryant will also attack defenders with proper position that creates leverage, giving him ability to get solid separation out of his breaks. One of Bryant's highlights of the day was during the one-on-one period. Showing sound technique getting off the line against press man, Bryant was able to swim and get to the outside. Displaying great body control, Bryant was able to stop instantly on a fade thrown behind him and attack the ball and come down with the reception. Adding to his résumé, Bryant also looked very effective as a return man during the special teams period.

• Bryant wasn't the only North receiver to impress scouts this morning. California's Lavelle Hawkins continues to turn heads with his consistency. Hawkins runs smooth and crisp routes, knows how to separate from man-coverage and does an excellent job of plucking the ball on the run. Hawkins shined during the one-on-one periods, beating defenders all three times he lined up. He used quick feet to beat the jam at the line and also displayed the top-end speed to beat Boston College CB DeJuan Tribble down the sideline for a deep reception. One of his more impressive plays came during the team period. After slipping out of his break, Hawkins was able to recover and do a nice job of going down low to make the reception on a curl route.
    Not sure but didn't we all just get a lecture from webby on taking things from another site? You didn't claim it as yours but you didn't say who did do it. Probably not a big deal just wondering.
    ???

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Sounds like they're both pretty good just like Vikes_King said before, don't have to know many college players round this place, everyone keeps you up to date, how high in the draft will these guys probably get taken, anyone know?

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Both would be good in the slot, but we have B Wade for that already.
    Hawkins might do okay on the outside, but I don't see him being a potential star like Kelly, Thomas, or Hardy.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I would add a link to the original info.....

On that note; I haven't heard of those guys because I'm an SEC guy....thats why I like this info.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

Not sure but didn't we all just get a lecture from webby on taking things from another site? You didn't claim it as yours but you didn't say who did do it. Probably not a big deal just wondering.
    ???
    I think it depends on if the info is copyrighted or if it just like if someone on here were to type it out and leave it in the public domain. not 100% sure though.

On another note, I don't post much in draft threads, but i love reading them. keep them coming.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

This wasn't off a commerical site or a copyrighted blog.. It was a comment from a poster on KFAN. Where he/she got it I don't have a clue.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast