Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Would you welcome Brett as a Viking???

It's just me but I'd take Brett over Brad any day of the week....

We all hate him yes, but if he wasn't a Packer and Madden got off his Pinoccio once in a while I think I might actually like the guy.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

At this stage of his career? No. My hatred for the Packers would lead me to say no, but I would have to welcome it if he was as good as he once was but being that he's not... NO.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    OMFG are you kidding? The guys is terrible now. We are wayyyy better off with Brad, even if it isn't saying much. The guys threw 29 INTs!!!
    I'm telling you man, you can't play good football unless your serounded by great players and great coaching, its not gonna happen especailly when your favre. He lost 4 pro bowlers in the matter of one season, two of wich i think protect him from pass rush and two others that take the pressure off of him having to do everything. Favre's a great competetor and forced things, trying to do to much, trying to get a victory, kinda reminds me of culpepper and what he did at the beginning of the season, looses some offensive line, looses his coach, looses his WR. Its not easy to be a NFL QB, especailly when all the pressure is on your shoulders and you have no help around you.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Brets a great QB i don't want to see him play for anyone besides the pac. including the vikes. its been a great rivalry

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    Ummm....one word....NO!

Favre can lick my salty sweaty taint.....

He's was a good QB, but he will never be man-enough to be a Viking, no matter what good media attention he'd bring!
    I agree with everything in that post except on thing... he's not a good QB.
    I don't know wether thats jelousy or what but he's one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

Sometimes you gotta set your feeling aside and think about sh*t. I don't really like him, maybe cause he's a packer or whatever but if he was our QB and lead us to SB victories minds could change in a hurry.
    Are you serious man? I'm not questioning what he did in the PAST. He is average at best at this point.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    At this stage of his career? No. My hatred for the Packers would lead me to say no, but I would have to welcome it if he was as good as he once was but being that he's not... NO.

I dont believe that, year before last he had that great offense around him and produced some of the best #'s of his career. I think he's still got what it takes, but he needs the help around him to succeed.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Brett was horrible last year but I think if he had Javon Walker and Ahmad Green everyone would be speaking of a different Favre.

I'm not defending him but you have to admit- when you don't know the names of the WR you just threw the ball to its going t be hard to be successful in the NFL.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NO!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    Ummm....one word....NO!

Favre can lick my salty sweaty taint.....

He's was a good QB, but he will never be man-enough to be a Viking, no matter what good media attention he'd bring!
    I agree with everything in that post except on thing... he's not a good QB.
    I don't know wether thats jelousy or what but he's one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

Sometimes you gotta set your feeling aside and think about sh*t. I don't really like him, maybe cause he's a packer or whatever but if he was our QB and lead us to SB victories minds could change in a hurry.
    Are you serious man? I'm not questioning what he did in the PAST. He is average at best at this point.
    AVERAGE AVERAGE, are you SERIOUS!!! What is average QB in this league? Jon Kitna? Trust me man if favre got in another offense that could protect him and give him time to do his thing he would put up the numbers. He's has great knowledge and experience that will propel him over the average QB till he can't throw the ball more than 40 yards.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    OMFG are you kidding? The guys is terrible now. We are wayyyy better off with Brad, even if it isn't saying much. The guys threw 29 INTs!!!
    I'm telling you man, you can't play good football unless your serounded by great players and great coaching, its not gonna happen especailly when your favre. He lost 4 pro bowlers in the matter of one season, two of wich i think protect him from pass rush and two others that take the pressure off of him having to do everything. Favre's a great competetor and forced things, trying to do to much, trying to get a victory, kinda reminds me of culpepper and what he did at the beginning of the season, looses some offensive line, looses his coach, looses his WR. Its not easy to be a NFL QB, especailly when all the pressure is on your shoulders and you have no help around you.
    Other players in the league didn't throw no 29 interceptions and not all QB's are surrounded by good help. David Carr didn't throw 29, nor did Trent Dilfer, J.P. Losman, or Aaron Brooks.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast