Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 241 to 243 of 243
  1. #241
    PerplexedPopcorn is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    ejmat wrote:
    PerplexedPopcorn wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing us draft McCoy..Kid's a winner, and he's tough. Not completely sold on his arm strength..but then again, Kurt Warner didn't have the strongest arm either..

    what you all think? Or maybe even Tebow.


    Airborne.
    Either QB would be a good pick. We really need that prospect to groom for the QB position.

    Personally I think the pick by rounds is over-rated. That is a big reason why they have to place some kind of cap on draftees. None of them should be paid anymore than any of the veterans in the league.

    Here's what I mean. Say the Vikings draft Tebow in the 1st round. Some may be critical because of where they drafted him. However some of the same people would want Tebow on the team but would rather draft him in the 3rd round. My opinion is if the guy has a chance to better the team who cares when he is drafted? Money is the major cause of this type of debate.

    Many people think you draft the best player available. There's nothing wrong with that. I personally believe you draft for need unless you just can't pass someone up (i.e. Peterson). We didn't necessarily need a RB but AP was available and imo he shouldn't have been passed up. The other side of that is when we drafted Troy Williamson. Unfortunately Tice drafted this guy for speed and to replace Moss.

    All of this said, I don't think QB is the main need at the Vikings right now. I think DB is a main concern. Therefore, I would e happy as heck if we picked someone like Devin McCourty in the first and if Tebow is still available at 62 I would love it.

    That's just me of course. I like to think about the big picture instead of things like where someone is worth a draft pick. But that is just me. Maybe when they fix the pay scale for rookies people wouldn't mind taking a chance on someone like Tebow in the 1st round. Who know's? Maybe someone already would.



    In my opinion, winning and progress is infectious. You are around positive people, you are going to train in the same manner.


    I agree though, on trying to upgrade our defense. I liked what I saw in Tyrell Johnson. Kid is improving. I don't think I saw much improvement out of Madieu though...could be bias though..




    You speak wise words my friend. Call me crazy,but I dont see Tebow being a 62nd Pick, just like I dont see Bradford being the #1 pick. I think had he had came out for the 09' Season yes..But I'm rather feeling Whats-his-name, Suk?, I think?



    Lots of people don't think so, but I got the feeling that Tebow's going in the first round. His throwing motion doesn't really sell me away from him. Lots of guys have unorthodox throwing motions (i.e. Favre, Rivers, hell even K.Warner at times).




    Rather offhand, but whats the status of Cedric Griffin? didn't he tear his ACL? That's gonna hurt us pretty deep. Depending how far along Winfield is going to be, Benny Sapp and the rest of em, are going to have to step it up..more than what they did in the NFC-C game.


    Airborne.
    None

  2. #242
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    PerplexedPopcorn wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    PerplexedPopcorn wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing us draft McCoy..Kid's a winner, and he's tough. Not completely sold on his arm strength..but then again, Kurt Warner didn't have the strongest arm either..

    what you all think? Or maybe even Tebow.


    Airborne.
    Either QB would be a good pick. We really need that prospect to groom for the QB position.

    Personally I think the pick by rounds is over-rated. That is a big reason why they have to place some kind of cap on draftees. None of them should be paid anymore than any of the veterans in the league.

    Here's what I mean. Say the Vikings draft Tebow in the 1st round. Some may be critical because of where they drafted him. However some of the same people would want Tebow on the team but would rather draft him in the 3rd round. My opinion is if the guy has a chance to better the team who cares when he is drafted? Money is the major cause of this type of debate.

    Many people think you draft the best player available. There's nothing wrong with that. I personally believe you draft for need unless you just can't pass someone up (i.e. Peterson). We didn't necessarily need a RB but AP was available and imo he shouldn't have been passed up. The other side of that is when we drafted Troy Williamson. Unfortunately Tice drafted this guy for speed and to replace Moss.

    All of this said, I don't think QB is the main need at the Vikings right now. I think DB is a main concern. Therefore, I would e happy as heck if we picked someone like Devin McCourty in the first and if Tebow is still available at 62 I would love it.

    That's just me of course. I like to think about the big picture instead of things like where someone is worth a draft pick. But that is just me. Maybe when they fix the pay scale for rookies people wouldn't mind taking a chance on someone like Tebow in the 1st round. Who know's? Maybe someone already would.



    In my opinion, winning and progress is infectious. You are around positive people, you are going to train in the same manner.


    I agree though, on trying to upgrade our defense. I liked what I saw in Tyrell Johnson. Kid is improving. I don't think I saw much improvement out of Madieu though...could be bias though..




    You speak wise words my friend. Call me crazy,but I dont see Tebow being a 62nd Pick, just like I dont see Bradford being the #1 pick. I think had he had came out for the 09' Season yes..But I'm rather feeling Whats-his-name, Suk?, I think?



    Lots of people don't think so, but I got the feeling that Tebow's going in the first round. His throwing motion doesn't really sell me away from him. Lots of guys have unorthodox throwing motions (i.e. Favre, Rivers, hell even K.Warner at times).




    Rather offhand, but whats the status of Cedric Griffin? didn't he tear his ACL? That's gonna hurt us pretty deep. Depending how far along Winfield is going to be, Benny Sapp and the rest of em, are going to have to step it up..more than what they did in the NFC-C game.


    Airborne.
    Excellent post my friend. Must be a military thing . Seriously throwing motions don't mean much to me either. What matters is do they know how to find the open WR, be accurate and know how to read defenses. How they get the ball to their receiver, who cares?

    As a side note be careful about what is called "hijacking a thread" or going off topic. Some in here are picky about that.

    To answer your question though Ced is injured and who know's how AW will respond? It is a concern for me. Throw in the Safety position and our backfield is looking pretty shady this year. We need major upgrades there. Sapp can be a good player if he learns to control his anger on the field. He often gets a little stupid.

    Your point of winning being infectious is right on. Often it takes a QB to do well because of the team he is drafted by. Who know's how well someone like Ben would do if he was drafted by the Browns. Young QBs take the blame for everything and sometimes it by no means is all their fault and they aren't given the benefit of the doubt. Hell Quinn is already being listed as a bust and he has had nothing to work with yet. Give the kid time with a decent line and he could be pretty good. That is why I like David Carr. He was never on a team with a line till he went to the Giants. I think he will be dangerous as a 49er if they can protect him.

  3. #243
    PerplexedPopcorn is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    Gratefully noted@advice


    I agree to the best of my knowledge about David Carr. He got a lot of slack about the 70 sack season. Nothing is worse for a new QB to join a team with a horrible line, execept joining a team that has a bad coaching staff.

    I'm interested how this season is going to turn out. Seems like a lot of teams are making power movies (Bears-Peppers, Redskins-McNabb, Ravens-Boldin, and Giants-Antrel Rolle)

    Going to be a hell of a year.
    None

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Similar Threads

  1. goodbye horns...
    By norseforce in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 08:09 PM
  2. Goodbye!
    By Redrouster in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 07:51 PM
  3. Goodbye Guys
    By akvikefan89 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 11-16-2005, 05:04 AM
  4. Caine says goodbye to Red here!!!
    By TheAnimal93 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 09:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •