Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 243
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    [quote]Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]TJ_Rubley wrote:
    [quote]AngloVike wrote:
    Caine wrote:

    If not, TJ still looks like the only long term answer that we have to pick from.
    Not an option!
    Based on what?

    His play with no WR's?
    His play behind a OL that couldn't pass protect?
    His win loss record?

    Help me out here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    I think my issue with TJ was/ is his Mechanics. He is inconsistant and his accuracy was terrible at times. That has nothing to do with WR play. either you can hit your man in stride or you cant. A good Qb is capable of doing both with a man in his face. TJ was not.

    Back to the issue at hand. I would like us to draft Snead. He is the Qb that should have stayed 1 more year in school fom Ole Miss but came out chasing dollars. He has all the mechanics you look for. He should be available in the 2nd.

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    kevoncox wrote:
    I think my issue with TJ was/ is his Mechanics. He is inconsistant and his accuracy was terrible at times. That has nothing to do with WR play. either you can hit your man in stride or you cant. A good Qb is capable of doing both with a man in his face. TJ was not.

    Back to the issue at hand. I would like us to draft Snead. He is the Qb that should have stayed 1 more year in school fom Ole Miss but came out chasing dollars. He has all the mechanics you look for. He should be available in the 2nd.
    You don't think that WR's who can't get off the line clean, run short/long stems than needed, or OLmen who let pressure get to the QB before he can step into a throw don't affect accuracy.

    Hell, if I was running for my life shortly after I got to my fifth step in a 7 step drop, my accuracy would suffer a bit as well.

    Truth of the matter is, when he was given adequate time, his mechanics are just as good as Sneads or any other QB out there.

    As to Snead, I'd rather draft McCoy with the 30th than take him in the fifth cause we already know that McCoy is a better QB as he beat him out for the starter spot.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,448

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    McNabb appparently said Minnesota would be his first choice and in the opinion of some "experts", the only team he's interested in going to. Either for a trade this year or as a free agent in 2011..and I'm sure Philly would rather get something this year than nothing next year.

    It sounds better to me have McNabb for 4 years than Favre for 1 year but I'll take a guess I'm in the minority there.

    Vikings tops on McNabb's trade wish list

    If Donovan McNabb had his say, and he may very well have it, he would prefer to be traded to Minnesota.

    After Andy Reid announced Wednesday that the Eagles were "entertaining offers" for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb reiterated that he wants to remain in Philadelphia. But if the team were to ship its franchise quarterback elsewhere, the Vikings would be his first choice, according to sources close to the situation.

    There are obstacles to this even remotely happening.
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20100326_Vikings_tops_on_McNabb_s_trade_wish_list. html
    Is McNabb To Vikings Possible?

    Will Donovan McNabb have the final say in the Eagles trade saga and wind up in Minnesota?

    That may be a possible outcome, according to NFL analyst Mike Mayock, who had a very candid take on McNabb, the Philadelphia Eagles and all the trade drama surrounding McNabb.

    Mayock was on the NFL Network last night and talked at length about McNabb. Mayock also grew up in West Philadelphia and he compared McNabb to Mike Schmidt as a person Philly fans loved to hate.

    Mayock’s take is that McNabb does not want to sign an extension with any team, including the Philadelphia Eagles, the Rams, the Raiders or the Bills.

    Instead, McNabb wants to go on the open market as a free agent after this upcoming season and replace Brett Favre as the starting quarterback in Minnesota for 2011
    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagles/032610-is-mcnabb-to-vikings-possible
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    Tad7 wrote:
    McNabb appparently said Minnesota would be his first choice and in the opinion of some "experts", the only team he's interested in going to. Either for a trade this year or as a free agent in 2011..and I'm sure Philly would rather get something this year than nothing next year.

    It sounds better to me have McNabb for 4 years than Favre for 1 year but I'll take a guess I'm in the minority there.

    Vikings tops on McNabb's trade wish list

    If Donovan McNabb had his say, and he may very well have it, he would prefer to be traded to Minnesota.

    After Andy Reid announced Wednesday that the Eagles were "entertaining offers" for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb reiterated that he wants to remain in Philadelphia. But if the team were to ship its franchise quarterback elsewhere, the Vikings would be his first choice, according to sources close to the situation.

    There are obstacles to this even remotely happening.
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20100326_Vikings_tops_on_McNabb_s_trade_wish_list. html
    Is McNabb To Vikings Possible?

    Will Donovan McNabb have the final say in the Eagles trade saga and wind up in Minnesota?

    That may be a possible outcome, according to NFL analyst Mike Mayock, who had a very candid take on McNabb, the Philadelphia Eagles and all the trade drama surrounding McNabb.

    Mayock was on the NFL Network last night and talked at length about McNabb. Mayock also grew up in West Philadelphia and he compared McNabb to Mike Schmidt as a person Philly fans loved to hate.

    Mayock’s take is that McNabb does not want to sign an extension with any team, including the Philadelphia Eagles, the Rams, the Raiders or the Bills.

    Instead, McNabb wants to go on the open market as a free agent after this upcoming season and replace Brett Favre as the starting quarterback in Minnesota for 2011
    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagles/032610-is-mcnabb-to-vikings-possible
    Excellent reads my friend.

    So, if I'm reading this correctly.......

    The Noodle wanted to get the Noodle to get him to 2011 so that he could eventually plug in the QB our offense was designed for.

    TT screwed that plan up when he outsmarted everyone and traded the Noodle to the Jets with a caveat that delayed the Noodles arrival by one year.

    The Noodle arrives, signs the 2 year contract and holds the fort down.

    Now the Iggles are messing things up by trading Dnabb early.

    Dnabb is pulling his own TT act and refusing to sign any long term contract with any of the potential "Trade" suitors.

    Who said the Chiller didn't have a plan to fix our QB position? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    Marrdro wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    McNabb appparently said Minnesota would be his first choice and in the opinion of some "experts", the only team he's interested in going to. Either for a trade this year or as a free agent in 2011..and I'm sure Philly would rather get something this year than nothing next year.

    It sounds better to me have McNabb for 4 years than Favre for 1 year but I'll take a guess I'm in the minority there.

    Vikings tops on McNabb's trade wish list

    If Donovan McNabb had his say, and he may very well have it, he would prefer to be traded to Minnesota.

    After Andy Reid announced Wednesday that the Eagles were "entertaining offers" for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb reiterated that he wants to remain in Philadelphia. But if the team were to ship its franchise quarterback elsewhere, the Vikings would be his first choice, according to sources close to the situation.

    There are obstacles to this even remotely happening.
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20100326_Vikings_tops_on_McNabb_s_trade_wish_list. html
    Is McNabb To Vikings Possible?

    Will Donovan McNabb have the final say in the Eagles trade saga and wind up in Minnesota?

    That may be a possible outcome, according to NFL analyst Mike Mayock, who had a very candid take on McNabb, the Philadelphia Eagles and all the trade drama surrounding McNabb.

    Mayock was on the NFL Network last night and talked at length about McNabb. Mayock also grew up in West Philadelphia and he compared McNabb to Mike Schmidt as a person Philly fans loved to hate.

    Mayock’s take is that McNabb does not want to sign an extension with any team, including the Philadelphia Eagles, the Rams, the Raiders or the Bills.

    Instead, McNabb wants to go on the open market as a free agent after this upcoming season and replace Brett Favre as the starting quarterback in Minnesota for 2011
    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagles/032610-is-mcnabb-to-vikings-possible
    Excellent reads my friend.

    So, if I'm reading this correctly.......

    The Noodle wanted to get the Noodle to get him to 2011 so that he could eventually plug in the QB our offense was designed for.

    TT screwed that plan up when he outsmarted everyone and traded the Noodle to the Jets with a caveat that delayed the Noodles arrival by one year.

    The Noodle arrives, signs the 2 year contract and holds the fort down.

    Now the Iggles are messing things up by trading Dnabb early.

    Dnabb is pulling his own TT act and refusing to sign any long term contract with any of the potential "Trade" suitors.

    Who said the Chiller didn't have a plan to fix our QB position? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    It's about damn time you guys figured out that Chilly is a genius!

    Have we even made an attempt to resign Jackson? God I hope not.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    PackSux! wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    McNabb appparently said Minnesota would be his first choice and in the opinion of some "experts", the only team he's interested in going to. Either for a trade this year or as a free agent in 2011..and I'm sure Philly would rather get something this year than nothing next year.

    It sounds better to me have McNabb for 4 years than Favre for 1 year but I'll take a guess I'm in the minority there.

    Vikings tops on McNabb's trade wish list

    If Donovan McNabb had his say, and he may very well have it, he would prefer to be traded to Minnesota.

    After Andy Reid announced Wednesday that the Eagles were "entertaining offers" for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb reiterated that he wants to remain in Philadelphia. But if the team were to ship its franchise quarterback elsewhere, the Vikings would be his first choice, according to sources close to the situation.

    There are obstacles to this even remotely happening.
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20100326_Vikings_tops_on_McNabb_s_trade_wish_list. html
    Is McNabb To Vikings Possible?

    Will Donovan McNabb have the final say in the Eagles trade saga and wind up in Minnesota?

    That may be a possible outcome, according to NFL analyst Mike Mayock, who had a very candid take on McNabb, the Philadelphia Eagles and all the trade drama surrounding McNabb.

    Mayock was on the NFL Network last night and talked at length about McNabb. Mayock also grew up in West Philadelphia and he compared McNabb to Mike Schmidt as a person Philly fans loved to hate.

    Mayock’s take is that McNabb does not want to sign an extension with any team, including the Philadelphia Eagles, the Rams, the Raiders or the Bills.

    Instead, McNabb wants to go on the open market as a free agent after this upcoming season and replace Brett Favre as the starting quarterback in Minnesota for 2011
    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagles/032610-is-mcnabb-to-vikings-possible
    Excellent reads my friend.

    So, if I'm reading this correctly.......

    The Noodle wanted to get the Noodle to get him to 2011 so that he could eventually plug in the QB our offense was designed for.

    TT screwed that plan up when he outsmarted everyone and traded the Noodle to the Jets with a caveat that delayed the Noodles arrival by one year.

    The Noodle arrives, signs the 2 year contract and holds the fort down.

    Now the Iggles are messing things up by trading Dnabb early.

    Dnabb is pulling his own TT act and refusing to sign any long term contract with any of the potential "Trade" suitors.

    Who said the Chiller didn't have a plan to fix our QB position? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    It's about damn time you guys figured out that Chilly is a genius!

    Have we even made an attempt to resign Jackson? God I hope not.
    Nothing yet, but I do hope they do.

    Kid has done nothing but got better each and every year and I absolutely love how he has handled himself through thick and thin since becoming a QB.

    Sometimes I think the biggest knock most have (even though they won't admit it) is that he doesn't run around showing alot of emotion. I for one like that. Probably my military background, but I want my leader to be the same when things are good as well as when things are bad.

    In the end though, if they do land a cat like McNabb, TJ would be the perfect backup. Has grown in the system. The players all love him and most importantly, has proven he can come in and win from the bench.

    Again, not sure about you, but I hope they do resign him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    McNabb appparently said Minnesota would be his first choice and in the opinion of some "experts", the only team he's interested in going to. Either for a trade this year or as a free agent in 2011..and I'm sure Philly would rather get something this year than nothing next year.

    It sounds better to me have McNabb for 4 years than Favre for 1 year but I'll take a guess I'm in the minority there.

    Vikings tops on McNabb's trade wish list

    If Donovan McNabb had his say, and he may very well have it, he would prefer to be traded to Minnesota.

    After Andy Reid announced Wednesday that the Eagles were "entertaining offers" for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb reiterated that he wants to remain in Philadelphia. But if the team were to ship its franchise quarterback elsewhere, the Vikings would be his first choice, according to sources close to the situation.

    There are obstacles to this even remotely happening.
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20100326_Vikings_tops_on_McNabb_s_trade_wish_list. html
    Is McNabb To Vikings Possible?

    Will Donovan McNabb have the final say in the Eagles trade saga and wind up in Minnesota?

    That may be a possible outcome, according to NFL analyst Mike Mayock, who had a very candid take on McNabb, the Philadelphia Eagles and all the trade drama surrounding McNabb.

    Mayock was on the NFL Network last night and talked at length about McNabb. Mayock also grew up in West Philadelphia and he compared McNabb to Mike Schmidt as a person Philly fans loved to hate.

    Mayock’s take is that McNabb does not want to sign an extension with any team, including the Philadelphia Eagles, the Rams, the Raiders or the Bills.

    Instead, McNabb wants to go on the open market as a free agent after this upcoming season and replace Brett Favre as the starting quarterback in Minnesota for 2011
    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagles/032610-is-mcnabb-to-vikings-possible
    Excellent reads my friend.

    So, if I'm reading this correctly.......

    The Noodle wanted to get the Noodle to get him to 2011 so that he could eventually plug in the QB our offense was designed for.

    TT screwed that plan up when he outsmarted everyone and traded the Noodle to the Jets with a caveat that delayed the Noodles arrival by one year.

    The Noodle arrives, signs the 2 year contract and holds the fort down.

    Now the Iggles are messing things up by trading Dnabb early.

    Dnabb is pulling his own TT act and refusing to sign any long term contract with any of the potential "Trade" suitors.

    Who said the Chiller didn't have a plan to fix our QB position? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    It's about damn time you guys figured out that Chilly is a genius!

    Have we even made an attempt to resign Jackson? God I hope not.
    Nothing yet, but I do hope they do.

    Kid has done nothing but got better each and every year and I absolutely love how he has handled himself through thick and thin since becoming a QB.

    Sometimes I think the biggest knock most have (even though they won't admit it) is that he doesn't run around showing alot of emotion. I for one like that. Probably my military background, but I want my leader to be the same when things are good as well as when things are bad.

    In the end though, if they do land a cat like McNabb, TJ would be the perfect backup. Has grown in the system. The players all love him and most importantly, has proven he can come in and win from the bench.

    Again, not sure about you, but I hope they do resign him.
    The knock I have on Jackson is the way he looks to the sidelines with that look that says.. I am so fucking lost right now, what do I do coach?

    Honestly I am more interested in what Sage can do this year in camp, everyone on this site is already counting him out and making cracks on the guy but I have a feeling he is going to turn some heads. I like the fact that Favre said Jackson really studied up with him during practices, but where was he during the games?

    I seen Sage huddled around Favre looking at pictures and going over things with him each and every game and I am sure it was no different during practice either. Jackson should of been right there also during the games, where is his motivation I ask?

  9. #19
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

    There is not a QB in the NFL that I would want for the vikings in 2010 over Favre. I believe he will have another remarkable year.
    I don't think it's a foregone conclussion that Favre will be gone in 2011 either. It's unprecidented to play in your mid 40's, but Favre is an unprecidented player. The guy is coming off his best season.

  10. #20
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552

    Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodb

    No, we definitely want Favre this year vs. giving up a #2 and, given our draft position, potentially more.

    I agree with Mayock's assessment that McNabb WANTS to play it out with Philly and test the market next year. Not sure if he will be given that option.

    I think Favre will be back this year, and I think the Vikes will draft a QB in the first 4 Rounds this year. Sporting News War Room has the Vikes taking Jimmy Clausen in Round 1...

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. goodbye horns...
    By norseforce in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 08:09 PM
  2. Goodbye!
    By Redrouster in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 07:51 PM
  3. Goodbye Guys
    By akvikefan89 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 11-16-2005, 05:04 AM
  4. Caine says goodbye to Red here!!!
    By TheAnimal93 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 09:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •