Page 1 of 25 123 11 ... LastLast
    Squires12 is offline Waterboy

Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

Hey all,

Was just wondering if you thought offering Philly a second round pick in this year's draft for McNabb and telling Farve that we appreciate his services but that the organization is moving on would be a good or bad idea. I keep waffling.

I keep thinking its a bad idea because Favre is a sure fire HOF'er who gave us the best statistical year of his career where as McNabb has never been able to completely get the job done. Then I begin to think, but what if Farve decides he doesn't want to come back and by that point McNabb is already traded elsewhere. Plus, Farve is one a fix for the next year but McNabb is only 33, he could play for four or five years, that could be enough for a dynastic run! And what if Farve's INT problem shows back up and last year was just a fluke; McNabb has the lowest pass to interception ratio in history (or something very close). Then again McNabb has a habit of missing at least one game a season with injury and we all know that ironman Brett hasn't missed a game since took over as starter.

And so back and forth it goes in my head and I was looking to see what other Vikings' fanatics thought...

-Squires
    None

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

You wouldn't get him for a 2nd round pick.

The last I heard specualtion was 2 1st round picks or at least a 1st and 3rd.

I wouldn't give that for McNabb when we can have Favre for nothing but his 13 million salary.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Re:Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say goodbye?

I can't tell you what Viking fans would think about this, but I can tell you what a Packers fan thinks about this.

Favre is the better QB. Especially if he plays like he did last year.

Thing is, he probably won't give you more than 1 more year and after that, you'll be "stuck" with the same old average QBs.

I don't believe in a player being a "winner", but if you do, McNabb fits that bill. He's gone to 5 NFCCs in his career with very mediocre receivers, while having one of the lowest interception ratios ever. I think that, with an O-line that excels in run blocking, but isn't as good at pass blocking, the movability he brings is a plus, as well.

McNabb doesn't turn it over, would be a great fit in a run first offense, and can make things happen if he has to.

The only huge drawback is that he has played in all 16 games for just 4 times in his 11 year career.

I think he'd set you back a 1st, rather than a 2nd. The Eagles have already said that they want no less than the 42nd pick in the draft.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Would you trade a 2 for a 5 and let 4 say good

They are reporting he is available for a 2nd.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

No, I would NOT.

First, Favre is still the better QB. He's also, despite the age, more durable.

Second, the FIX for our QB predicament is NOT to go out and acquire cast off QB's, it is to find one with some life left in him that can actually play. Neither of the guys behind Favre fit that description, and adding McNabb to the roster won't help it either.

McNabb doesn't put us in any better position than Favre does in the long term.

Caine

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Caine wrote:
    No, I would NOT.

Second, the FIX for our QB predicament is NOT to go out and acquire cast off QB's, it is to find one with some life left in him that can actually play. Neither of the guys behind Favre fit that description, and adding McNabb to the roster won't help it either.

Caine
    spot on, if we're going to have a veteran QB for this year then let it be someone that the team is familiar with and isn't going to cost a draft choice. We could use that 2nd pick for a QB that will last longer than McChoke
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

TJ_Rubley is offline Waterboy

AngloVike wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    No, I would NOT.

Caine
    spot on, if we're going to have a veteran QB for this year then let it be someone that the team is familiar with and isn't going to cost a draft choice. We could use that 2nd pick for a QB that will last longer than McChoke
    You both nailed that one. I am tiring of the QB shuffle from year to year. As critical as it is for a QB to be consistent, the team needs a QB that is around for the long haul. Not just a "let's just do whatever it takes and go for a one year shot".

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Caine wrote:
    No, I would NOT.

Caine
    I will agree with you on Sage, but I still don't think anyone can say what type of QB TJ is gonna be yet.

Again, like it or not, when he was given his shot all of you set your benchmark against, this team had major flaws across the board that affected his play. I'm sure alot of you will chime in with the standard "your making excuses" line, but it still doesn't alleviate reality.

As to the Noodle, I'd send his ass packing for a ham sammmich and a cold Beast and bring Dnabb in for the going price.

Looks to me like the Rams set the mark at a top 2nd (could equate to a late 1rst) and a player (S). Basically, I'd send our 30th and M-will to the Iggles and land the QB our offense was designed for. That would, as Caine said, stabalize our QB position for at least 3 to 4 years which would allow us to groom an eventual replacement if TJ isn't the man.

What are you gonna get with the Noodle? 1 more year, hoping it all comes together for him as well as hoping that he doesn't come into this year pushing/forcing/reverting back to the old Noodle?

Ham Sammich and a Beast my friends, ham sammmmmich and a beast.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

TJ_Rubley wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    No, I would NOT.

Caine
    You both nailed that one. I am tiring of the QB shuffle from year to year. As critical as it is for a QB to be consistent, the team needs a QB that is around for the long haul. Not just a "let's just do whatever it takes and go for a one year shot".
    Ha, they nailed nothing.

First, you aren't gonna draft a QB with the 2nd. None of them except maybe McCoy or Pike are gonna go in the second and both of them will probably go top to mid second. All the rest of this class is are 2-4 years projects at best with no gaurantees.

The Noodle, at his best couldn't get it done last year leaving him with one more realistic shot at getting it done, then he is gone (I hope and pray).

Were does that leave us? I for one, hope to shit that we are atleast looking at bringing in a QB who is a perfect fit for this scheme and is someone who can hold it down for 3-4 years so we can go out and get a kid like Skelton, Robinson, Hiller etc in the 4th, 5th or 6th.

If not, TJ still looks like the only long term answer that we have to pick from.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mark_The_Viking is online now Asst. Coach

Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]TJ_Rubley wrote:
    [quote]AngloVike wrote:
    [quote]Caine wrote:

If not, TJ still looks like the only long term answer that we have to pick from.
    Not an option!
    Purple till i die

Page 1 of 25 123 11 ... LastLast