Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Would you pick Sanchez with 22nd pick?

If Sanchez somehow fell to the Vikings at the 22nd pick (I think we have the 22nd - but you get the idea), would you take him?

Aaron Rodgers fell to the Packers with the 24th pick despite being the 2nd highest rated QB in that draft. I believe this years QB class is similar to the one Rodgers and Smith were in, where teams are uncertain about the QBs and might not be sold enough to invest "top 15 pick" money in a QB.

With TJ, Booty and Rosenfels I would say our QB roster is full. However, if Sanchez did fall to us, would we take him? Who would we cut to make room? Or will we keep 4 QBs?

My personal take is that we pick him, because he will the best player available at 22#.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Would you pick Sanchez with 22nd pick?

They won't pick him.
    Here's why.
    This is the year before Childress' contract expires.
    He has been floundering on QBs since he began his tenure.
    He does not have enough time to develop another QB and keep his job.
    He will be concentrating on filling up holes on the team and making a big run.
    He knows that if he fails this year he will be walking the plank.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I think at this point and time I would.
    Hell I would also consider Freeman at this stage.......

Rationale.

a.
    This draft is deep in several positions of need but not so deep in a couple (DT, QB).

b.
    We have a (my perception) need at depth at DT and you should never pass up a potential Franchise QB that low in the Draft.

c.
    I think you should draft a QB almost every draft, or atleast until you have a nice group of young cats in different stages of development (ala the Patriots).

Brady went down, Cassel came in, Brady is healthy, Odonell is the next in line, let Cassel go instead of paying him all the while garnering a nice pick that won't cost a bunch to sign.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

We don't need another QB to groom
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

I don't know... I'm not really sold on Sanchez.

He's got potential but he should have stayed another year to develop some more. Just makes me nervous... and would not be the answer to our QB problem cuz he would still need to develop. Not an immediate answer which we need.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    We don't need another QB to groom
    Why not?

If I thought one of these cats was better than JDB, the JDB experiment would be over in a heart beat.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Yes.
    Grab him and give the axe to tjack and let Sage start for a year or two until he is ready.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Big" wrote:
    If Sanchez somehow fell to the Vikings at the 22nd pick (I think we have the 22nd - but you get the idea), would you take him?

Aaron Rodgers fell to the Packers with the 24th pick despite being the 2nd highest rated QB in that draft. I believe this years QB class is similar to the one Rodgers and Smith were in, where teams are uncertain about the QBs and might not be sold enough to invest "top 15 pick" money in a QB.

With TJ, Booty and Rosenfels I would say our QB roster is full. However, if Sanchez did fall to us, would we take him? Who would we cut to make room? Or will we keep 4 QBs?

My personal take is that we pick him, because he will the best player available at 22#.
    Chilly already said that we were looking for a 4th option at QB. Now wether that is in the draft, 1st round? Not sure. It would have to be someone they are pretty sold on.
    My guess would be that if we went draft it would be not the first round based on past history, TJack, Booty, Thigpen(UDFA). Plus there are bigger needs that have not been addressed yet. But FA is still young yet.

"thepacksux" wrote:
    Yes.
    Grab him and give the axe to tjack and let Sage start for a year or two until he is ready.
    Why, if nothing else, TJ has proved he is a very competent backup.
    He knows the system, and putting all the hate aside, has some upside still.

If anyone were to be cut for a rookie QB I would say the guy with the least experience or least upside would be cut.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"Big" wrote:

I would rather see us take a right tackle or center, but yes, if Sanchez fell that far I would like that pick.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast