Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Would the Vikings trade for Matt Schaub???

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    If we can trade Daunte and use the draft picks we get for him to pick up Schaub, then we can keep our current draft choices and hope that Lendale White falls to the 17th pick.

uhhh, basically we would be trading Dante for Schaub if we did that. I am going to go with "no".

Well with the way Daunte is handling this off season it looks like he wants out of Minny so we have to start looking at replacements and I think this scenario works out great! Plus there is no guarantees how well Daunte will be able to play with his repaired knee and how mentally he will handle the injury. So it is a gamble either way you go.

If you look at his stats for the year it basically would be about 2 games worth of passing.

32 passes a week average would be a little short but close, so if we extend them to a full 16 games using his from this year this is what the numbers would look like!

16 games based on his averages from 2005

512 attempts
    264 completions
    3,960 yards
    32 TD's
    8 INT's (I doubted he would not throw an INT the whole year, so I added some)

That would be a pro-bowl year!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

How do you figure those numbers? I thought he already had more than 8 INT's last season...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I'll pass on Schaub!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    How do you figure those numbers? I thought he already had more than 8 INT's last season...

He had 0 INT's, but I would doubt that he would go a whole season with out throwing any.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    If we can trade Daunte and use the draft picks we get for him to pick up Schaub, then we can keep our current draft choices and hope that Lendale White falls to the 17th pick.

uhhh, basically we would be trading Dante for Schaub if we did that. I am going to go with "no".

Well with the way Daunte is handling this off season it looks like he wants out of Minny so we have to start looking at replacements and I think this scenario works out great! Plus there is no guarantees how well Daunte will be able to play with his repaired knee and how mentally he will handle the injury. So it is a gamble either way you go.
    My point is, even if we do trade Culpepper, we can get a much better deal that that. You think people complained last year after the Moss trade. this would be ten times worse.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

My point is, even if we do trade Culpepper, we can get a much better deal that that. You think people complained last year after the Moss trade. this would be ten times worse.

How do you figure? He has had major knee surgery 3 months ago, his future is uncertain! He is do a 6 million roster bonus in March, and his contract for 2 million plus incentives. Do you think the GM's in the league are morons? I would not give much for him right now (2nd or 3rd round at best), and I do not think that people who have their jobs on the line are going to take that big of a gamble! The reason we got nothing for Randy was because the GM's in the league are not stupid and realized that he was a gamble and look what happened in Oakland this year, Randy cost another head coach his job! And the team finished worse than the year before, Randy excuse makers will say that you can not blame him (but they always say that)!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

You guys all believe a young guy backing up a starter is not that good. How did the Packers get Favre. They gave Atlanta a third round pick I think!!!! Schaub has some of the most important tools a QB needs. He is accurate and has poise in the pocket. Two assests DC doesn't have, Trade DC to Oakland or Miami and get their first rounder and a defensive starter. We use that draft choice and our own and get Reggie. Grab an O-lineman or a LB with our second rounder and we will have an waesome team!! We can trade picks with Atlanta for Schaub!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I have decided that I want Matt Schaub as our QB next year, if it’s not Culpepper. Brad Johnson is the man, but he’s not a future. Does Atlanta need a Cornerback? How about Fred Smoot and a 4th round pick for Schaub?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234