Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    T-Money is offline Rookie

Re: Would the Vikings trade for Matt Schaub???

Daunte is our quarterback, and there is no way i would rather see Schaub starting. He would be a decent back up, but isn't worth a high draft pick. I think we are better off getting Kitna in free agency to back up DC.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    The Falcons bench Vick? Never. No matter how atrocious his performance, I don't think they'd have the balls to do it, they would be afraid of upsetting Vick's fanclub which consists of about the majority of Atlanta.. instead of doing what's best for the team. Just a lame popularity contest, not who's the best for the job.
    Actually... Most of the fans here in Atlanta have been calling for Schaub to start. They finally had a chance to have back-to-back wining seasons this year (which has NEVER happened), and they blew it. As much as this community has their head up Vicks ass, they are really getting frustrated.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

smoot for schaub?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I think we should make a play for Schaub. If you have seen him play you would want this guy, he has a good arm, and has poise (reminds me of Joe Montana)! This guy has a chance to be an elite QB, he is entering his third year and has had some playing time. Leave Brad as the starter for 1 more year and then have Schaub ready to take over. Atlanta gave up on another QB a few years back that they traded to Green Bay, Favre.

If we can trade Daunte and use the draft picks we get for him to pick up Schaub, then we can keep our current draft choices and hope that Lendale White falls to the 17th pick. Our group of receivers are good, and we have good TE's. We need to up grade our O-line but if we can get Schaub and White we can rebuild our offense very quickly!

# 8 Matt Schaub
    Position: QB
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 237
    Born: 06/25/1981
    College: Virginia
    NFL Experience: 2

2005 stats

Attempts 64
    Completions 33
    yards 495
    TD's 4
    Int's 0
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

whats matt schaub ha ha does this fewl work for charles schwab?

oh and by the way i get tired of people wondering if we should sign every dang free agent that comes on the market like they are gonna solve our problems. oh john kitna is gonna be a free agent, lets get t.o. chad johnson might get traded lets get him, that fat guy from new orleans is a fa maybe we should sign him? im glad that fans don't pick our players we would suck so bad.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If we can trade Daunte and use the draft picks we get for him to pick up Schaub, then we can keep our current draft choices and hope that Lendale White falls to the 17th pick.

uhhh, basically we would be trading Dante for Schaub if we did that. I am going to go with "no".
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    If we can trade Daunte and use the draft picks we get for him to pick up Schaub, then we can keep our current draft choices and hope that Lendale White falls to the 17th pick.

uhhh, basically we would be trading Dante for Schaub if we did that. I am going to go with "no".
    if we got this charles schwab guy, he he, umm whoever he is i don't care. if we did trade up and grab a guy and still have our #17, that just means we grab something someone wanted and they may be more likely to pick white before he fell to us. however maroney is going to be pretty hot too it's gonna be a toss up between him and white.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Schaub has a great future in the NFL, I wouldn't mind getting him at all and IMO he is the best backup QB in the league. Hell I'd start him over Vick- if you havn't seen him play yet just turne in next year to one of his games (when he starts for whatever team). Too bad we have Daunte already but if we didn't I wouldn't hesitate to give a 2nd rounder for him at all...

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

yeah well im just really happy were keeping culpepper because his knee is wrecked and if he takes one more big hit like that to it his knee will be shot, he will be out for a few months or later; however that was a cheap shot hit he took people will be aiming for his knee now they know it's hurt. plus if he don't do good this coming hear or he gets hurt again we'll never get any value for him.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    Schaub has a great future in the NFL, I wouldn't mind getting him at all and IMO he is the best backup QB in the league. Hell I'd start him over Vick- if you havn't seen him play yet just turne in next year to one of his games (when he starts for whatever team). Too bad we have Daunte already but if we didn't I wouldn't hesitate to give a 2nd rounder for him at all...
    I once thought that Scott Mitchell was one of the best back ups in the league. I was right, he was a great backup, then he was courted in MN and Det for a starting job, boy I am glad that he went to Det.

Never know about Schaub, he could be the next Montana or the next Mitchell or somewhere in between.

Heck, I think you are right, start Schaub in ATL, what do they have to lose and use Vick as a slash.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast