Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Would the Vikings trade for Matt Schaub???

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    The Falcons bench Vick? Never. No matter how atrocious his performance, I don't think they'd have the balls to do it, they would be afraid of upsetting Vick's fanclub which consists of about the majority of Atlanta.. instead of doing what's best for the team. Just a lame popularity contest, not who's the best for the job.

Yeah, it sounds like they are more willing to fire Jim Mora jr and bring in a new offensive system, better suited for Vick, before they would actually do what IMO would be best for the team and start Schaub(and I am actually a Vick fan).

Schaub or Philip Rivers would be a couple of young QB's that I would love to see us chase, if we go in a different direction away from Daunte. We all know that Schaub is very good in the WCO, since he also played that offense in college, but Philip Rivers is also a kid that could excel in the WCO.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

vick is one of the highest paid qbs in the nfl i dont think they would bench him.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

I believe Atlanta is asking for a 1st-2nd rounder for him, no kidding around either. They truly believe that if Rivers is worth a 1st rounder and that Schaub is just as talented so they should be worth the same.

IMO I'd love to get this kid but it'll cost us more then we like. Trading BJ alone won't do the job...we'll have to kick in something like Burleson/3rd rounder along with BJ.

Even if we trade for him there's no guarantee he wants to be here- remember that he wants to start.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah - I guess at least BJ - he is a proven commodity and we know what to expect.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

"magicci" wrote:
    vick is one of the highest paid qbs in the nfl i dont think they would bench him.
    That, and the fact that he uses two cell phones. If you saw that monday night game between Atlanta and Philly (I believe it was) you'd know what I mean.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Screw Schaub...we don't need him. Brad is good for another couple of seasons if DC doesn't make it back or if we trade him...as long as we can put together a Top 5 defense...and we do have most of the pieces in place. With Wilf opening up the checkbook, we can finish the job with the defense and get a STUD RB to power the offense. Once our OL gets its crap together, BJ will just have to throw short to intermediate passes to our speedy receivers and watch them go!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Matt Shaub...WTF? WHY? Brad's under contract, f*ck him if he doesn't like it! He'll play for the Vikings and HONOR HIS CONTRACT....screw schaub, he sucks, Brad's a good backup....thats that....we NEED an OL and some LBs and a power RB...ask Cajun, sounds like he knows!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for backing me, audio!!!

BTW, we gotta start thinking up a new title for you...something to do with your SID aspirations or your summer job...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Cajun and Audio really hit the nail on the head. Who needs Shaub when we have the best backup QB in the NFL? If you want to talk about getting Shaub, next year might be a better time asuming Brad wants out.
    Retired 12/21/08

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Schaub would be a great pickup if we can get him and not have to pay too much. Trade DC and have BJ start next year and let schaub get used to the offense. Hand the reigns over to him the next year.

The only thing I liked about Daunte was his running ability now that will be limited and he will not be as effective. And that is bad news after his perforomance in 2005.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast