Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I would be fine with this pickup. Only problem to me is too many safeties on the roster but I guess a little competition can't hurt. Sharper, Smith, Tank, Blue, Doss. All starter caliber players IMO. Maybe one gets converted to CB if we sign him?
    I think Smith has played corner. :-

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I would be fine with this pickup. Only problem to me is too many safeties on the roster but I guess a little competition can't hurt. Sharper, Smith, Tank, Blue, Doss. All starter caliber players IMO. Maybe one gets converted to CB if we sign him?
    I think Smith has played corner. :-\
    Gordon, Griffin, D.Edwards, .... all young, plus Winfield, and.... gasp,.... Whitaker.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  3. #23
    VikesFan787's Avatar
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    889

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    I would like to pick up Ed Reed ;D
    814


  4. #24
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    i think if we would sign him,he shouldnt be cut but should be used in a trade to move up to say the browns.. or at least for something

    Thanks josdin00

  5. #25
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    if we want a safety, then we should draft landry..doss could be an okay player, but landry will be a big time, game changer and make a huge impact
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  6. #26
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    does it really matter.
    hes not gonna cost much at all and might give us insurance.
    chances are it would probably be short deal like tank's was.
    i'm with whoever said the thing about drafting wr by either trading up or down.
    but it doesn't seem to me the bucs would really deal out, and i think we are running outta suitors to move up to our spot.
    basically i'm starting to feel like we may have to stay put and take the best player available which may not readily help us right away
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  7. #27
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    While I think he'd be a good pickup, I don't see why we're talking to him considering our safeties with Sharper, Smith, Williams, Blue.
    We've got much more pressing needs.
    I think he'd be an upgrade over Smith or Williams, but not by much.
    Of course, I always say the more Buckeyes, the better.

    Unless we're converting someone to WR, I don't think it makes much sense.

    Or maybe someone's on their way out.
    Smith or Williams or something???

    I don't know I can't wait for the draft and free agency to be over with so that we know who the heck they're going to have on the field next year.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    "JDogg926" wrote:
    While I think he'd be a good pickup, I don't see why we're talking to him considering our safeties with Sharper, Smith, Williams, Blue.
    We've got much more pressing needs.
    I think he'd be an upgrade over Smith or Williams, but not by much.
    Of course, I always say the more Buckeyes, the better.

    Unless we're converting someone to WR, I don't think it makes much sense.

    Or maybe someone's on their way out.
    Smith or Williams or something???

    I don't know I can't wait for the draft and free agency to be over with so that we know who the heck they're going to have on the field next year.
    Tank Williams is uncertain to perform well after his injury.
    D.Smith was a Tomlin pickup, who made a very bad personal behavior decision in a night club during pre-season, and who was falling behind Tank Williams in training camp last year.
    He is in jeopardy of being bumped down the depth chart and off the roster.

    Sharper is getting older, so his performance level might fade soon.

    Blue is young and looks good so far.

    Perhaps Doss is getting a courtesy visit per his connection to Frazier?

    I prefer the Vikings draft a young FS in rounds 4-5, who is a good kick returner.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    While I think he'd be a good pickup, I don't see why we're talking to him considering our safeties with Sharper, Smith, Williams, Blue.
    We've got much more pressing needs.
    I think he'd be an upgrade over Smith or Williams, but not by much.
    Of course, I always say the more Buckeyes, the better.

    Unless we're converting someone to WR, I don't think it makes much sense.

    Or maybe someone's on their way out.
    Smith or Williams or something???

    I don't know I can't wait for the draft and free agency to be over with so that we know who the heck they're going to have on the field next year.
    Tank Williams is uncertain to perform well after his injury.
    D.Smith was a Tomlin pickup, who made a very bad personal behavior decision in a night club during pre-season, and who was falling behind Tank Williams in training camp last year.
    He is in jeopardy of being bumped down the depth chart and off the roster.

    Sharper is getting older, so his performance level might fade soon.

    Blue is young and looks good so far.

    Perhaps Doss is getting a courtesy visit per his connection to Frazier?

    I prefer the Vikings draft a young FS in rounds 4-5, who is a good kick returner.
    We already have a young DB who is a good KR...Charles Gordon!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    While I think he'd be a good pickup, I don't see why we're talking to him considering our safeties with Sharper, Smith, Williams, Blue.
    We've got much more pressing needs.
    I think he'd be an upgrade over Smith or Williams, but not by much.
    Of course, I always say the more Buckeyes, the better.

    Unless we're converting someone to WR, I don't think it makes much sense.

    Or maybe someone's on their way out.
    Smith or Williams or something???

    I don't know I can't wait for the draft and free agency to be over with so that we know who the heck they're going to have on the field next year.
    Tank Williams is uncertain to perform well after his injury.
    D.Smith was a Tomlin pickup, who made a very bad personal behavior decision in a night club during pre-season, and who was falling behind Tank Williams in training camp last year.
    He is in jeopardy of being bumped down the depth chart and off the roster.

    Sharper is getting older, so his performance level might fade soon.

    Blue is young and looks good so far.

    Perhaps Doss is getting a courtesy visit per his connection to Frazier?

    I prefer the Vikings draft a young FS in rounds 4-5, who is a good kick returner.
    We already have a young DB who is a good KR...Charles Gordon!
    dont forget gordon can also play WR like he did in college

    Thanks josdin00

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. is mike doss playing or injured?
    By scorptile in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
  2. Congrats on the Mike Doss, singersp!
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 08:27 PM
  3. Mike Doss Video
    By magicci in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 01:07 PM
  4. Mike Doss Signed By Vikings
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM
  5. Vikings Sign Mike Doss
    By vikingsfanpa8202 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 10:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •