Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

If we were to pick him up i think this would be our best offseason move even though its a risk it gives us a proven starter who can play at a very high level. My personal opinion is when Mike Doss is healthy he's a beast i would love to have him or Blue(or if we draft Landry)to succeed Sharper after he retires as a Vike. But this signing would also be a risk as well because he tore his ACL last season

Doss to visit
    NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that free-agent Indianapolis Colts safety Mike Doss will visit the Vikings on Tuesday.

That might not be the last stop for Doss, who is scheduled to make a second visit to Philadelphia on Wednesday and also has visited Tampa Bay.

Doss, 26, spent the last 10 weeks of last season on injured reserve after tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament in an Oct. 22 game against Washington.

Position: SS
    Height: 5-10
    Weight: 207
    College: Ohio State
    NFL Experience: 5

Strengths: An excellent run defender. Reads plays well, can step up and fill the hole, and brings a payload when he tackles. Has sideline-to-sideline range and can shed blockers. Very quick. Reacts well to the ball in zone coverage. A smart player.

Weaknesses:Not a great man defender. Has trouble turning and moving with receivers and can be beaten deep. Is short and can have problems with taller receivers.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/players/Mike_Doss/

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Would anyone besides me love the pickup of SS Mike Doss from Indy???

I would like the pickup..

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

I would rathar see us get Landry but if we don't then i think it would be a good pickup because he does play at a high level when he is healthy.
    He could provide some insurance if Tank play at the level that we thought he would when we picked him up.
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Depends on his price really.I'm sure Chilly has brought him in to see if we could strike a reasonable deal with him.If the guy is demanding big money, i'm sure we'll let him move on.

I honestly wish his man coverage skills where better.Tank Williams and Greg Blue are both great run stopping SS.Adding him would deff crowd the unit, but Childress loves competition!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I would be fine with this pickup. Only problem to me is too many safeties on the roster but I guess a little competition can't hurt. Sharper, Smith, Tank, Blue, Doss. All starter caliber players IMO. Maybe one gets converted to CB if we sign him?

"............ Not a great man defender.
    .........."

Uh, what was the biggest problem on the Vikings defense last year; run defense or pass defense?

??? :

The Vikings version of the TBC2 allegedly has two safeties which are nearly interchangeable, rather than the traditional distinction between a FS and SS.

So, would this particular SS be an upgrade?
    :

I see this as a courtesy visit, probably coerced by Frazier.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Other then Frazier wanting us to look at one of his guys I see no reason to sign him even to the veteran minimum we already have 4 safties on the roster.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Yeah, Fuad, but do the Vikes have a Beast Safety (BS) on the roster?
    ;D

"........
    when Mike Doss is healthy he's a beast
    ........."

:

The current problem is that he isn't assured to be healthy when the regular season starts.
    I'm not a doctor, nor did I play one on TV or stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I know from reading and hearing many reports about them, that ACL injuries are 'tricky'.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

davike is offline Team Alumni

I think that we are set for safteys, bringing in another guy that could probably start would just be asking for trouble, we will have some unhappy safteys filling up bench space. He is a good player, but I think we are set and I would rather see them fill up cap space elsewhere.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Of all the positions we NEEDED to address this offseason the biggest name player we might sign could be a safety...ridiculous. I would be very upset if we were to sign him, especially if its to a spendy contract when we could have used that money at positions that we need much mroe help in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast