Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Worst off season FA ever?

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=51127.msg927716#msg927716 date=1238182187]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=51127.msg927710#msg927710 date=1238181555]
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=51127.msg927702#msg927702 date=1238180657]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51127.msg927617#msg927617 date=1238171326]
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=51127.msg927603#msg927603 date=1238170606]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51127.msg927598#msg927598 date=1238170457]
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=51127.msg927590#msg927590 date=1238169651]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51127.msg927587#msg927587 date=1238169360]
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=51127.msg927581#msg927581 date=1238168760]
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=51127.msg927577#msg927577 date=1238168412]
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=51127.msg927571#msg927571 date=1238168020]
    thanks front office. you didnt sign anyone to help us and let 2 key players leave. thanks
    I can't say Sharper and key player in the same sentence.. Birk, he's play was declining i must say. Wasn't at his best anymore..

You could say i disagree 100 percent with your post
    i know sharper isnt what he used to be. but he was still better than tyrell.
    and i dont know why we had sharper at strong saftey. he is way better at free saftey. thats probably one reason why his stats went down is because he went to a position where your suposed to tackle more than go for picks. and sharper is a ball hawk. not a tackler
    You realize in our scheme there is no SS, FS right.
    Can't remember if it was Tomlin or the Chiller who said it, however, they are both considered interchangable.
    i dont think their interchangeable. becasue free safties tend to roam the field i believe and just try to help with coverage. and strong safteys i believe go for tackles and somewhat help on coverage.

but as i said. it looked like we had sharper trying to stuff the run more than he should.
    and im not saying sharper is still as good as he used to be. i know he isnt. but if we wanted to upgrade. we should have signed him to at most a 2 year deal.
    See, that was Sharps whole beef.
    We don't have a field roamer in this scheme.
    The S's have responsibilty to help the CB's over the top.

In most cases, if you watch real close, you will see the CB let the WR go deep and try to stay in his zone looking for RBs and TE's coming out after the WR goes deep.

Again, our S and CB's work as a team resulting in no room for a S to freelance/roam the field.
    [/quote]

that is true.

im starting to see why i am a wrong now
    [/quote]
    No right or wrong My Sexy Little Pixie.
    That crap is for other sites.
    We just discuss the nuances of the game around here.
    You should know that by now.......

;D
    [/quote]

haha i know how this site works

ive had my fair share of arguing.

but im going to miss sharpers little shake he would do after scoring a touchdown haha
    [/quote]

Yeah but when's the last time that happened?
    Can't miss it too much
    :P
    [/quote]

nobody on our D had really many picks last season.
    plus sharper was fun to watch. even if he did have a down year. everyone has one or two when they get older
    [/quote]

I know sam.
    I wasn't really trying to harp on Sharper.
    I am actually one of the ones that believe we will miss his leadership.[/quote]
    Someone new will step up and be that leader........

EJ, Chad, Ben, Phat Pat, (Kdub is to quiet), Whinny, Griff, M-will, etc.....All good candidates.
    Hell, maybe STJ even steps into the limelight a bit. ;D
    [/quote]

Yeah I can trust that would happen.
    There are quite a few leaders on defense.
    I will say though I am a little worried about Johnosn.
    Yes I think he filled in nicely last year for a rookie.
    But he really hasn't proven to be starting material YET.
    Hopefully he does well and lives up to his expectations.
    Seems tobe a good pick up in the draft last year.
    I just hope he is ready.
    [/quote]
    I worry about him as well cause we know he is gonna have issues.
    The bright side to that story is that he has a upside were Sharp didn't.
    All indicators are that he will get better. Atleast IMHO.
    [/quote]

I truly believe he will get better.
    I just hope he gets better during the off season so there aren't growing pains during the regular season.
    [/quote]
    I hear ya, however, even if he spends his whole offseason working on it, there will still be issues.
    Nature of the beast when younsters start instead of vets.
    :'(

Good thing is that it appears that starting them early accellerates thier maturation though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=10pt]On a Quiet Offseason[/size]

It should neither surprise nor dismay that in the 2009 offseason, the Vikings have acquired no significant veteran starter other than Sage Rosenfels (and as a career backup, many would consider him a marginal acquisition; given the position he plays, I believe he'll be significant).

http://pacifistviking.blogspot.com/2...offseason.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

It should neither surprise nor dismay that in the 2009 offseason, the Vikings have acquired no significant veteran starter other than Sage Rosenfels (and as a career backup, many would consider him a marginal acquisition; given the position he plays, I believe he'll be significant).

There are few players in the league who could upgrade the talent we have across the roster and given there was zero talent available during the FA period why would we spend money there? the team is stacked with talent and we have the best coaches money can buy. How can we possibly fail this season?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

There are few players in the league who could upgrade the talent we have across the roster and given there was zero talent available during the FA period why would we spend money there? the team is stacked with talent and we have the best coaches money can buy. How can we possibly fail this season?
    FA market wasn't that great after everyone signed back with their old team.
    I think the Vikes gave it their all to sway TJH away from Seattle.
    They tried to get Weaver.
    Now if they would reconsider trading for Cutler I would be pretty happy.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

trade for cutler and try to trade for chad ocho cinco

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I wouldn't ind that either.
    I have an idea.
    Trade Tahi and a 3rd rounder for #85.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Housh is overrated for what he was asking to be paid. IMO there is no reason why we can't develop a WR who can be as good as him, younger and for less money. If the FO and staff is as capable as they claim to be it shouldn't be an issue. Same for the OL personnel. There is no reason we can't develop our own talent in house if we have the right staff.As far as Cutler, if we would have drafted and developed him fine, but to pay a huge premium to get him after the investment we have already made in Jackson would not be good. We could get a player in the draft for less and bring them along ourselves.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Housh is overrated for what he was asking to be paid. IMO there is no reason why we can't develop a WR who can be as good as him, younger and for less money. If the FO and staff is as capable as they claim to be it shouldn't be an issue. Same for the OL personnel. There is no reason we can't develop our own talent in house if we have the right staff.As far as Cutler, if we would have drafted and developed him fine, but to pay a huge premium to get him after the investment we have already made in Jackson would not be good. We could get a player in the draft for less and bring them along ourselves.

I must agree that our FO has shown a great deal of restraint in pursuing FA's this offseason (as did the Redskins ). Glad we didn't overpay for Housh, and agreed there's no reason we should not be able to develop a guy who can run decent routes and catch the ball over the middle on 3rd down. I would have liked Cutler, but not if we had to mortgage the farm.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I wouldn't ind that either.
    I have an idea.
    Trade Tahi and a 3rd rounder for #85.

Now you're thinking!!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314