Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 139
  1. #101
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    [size=14pt]Spielman Leaves Mixed Legacy in Miami[/size]

    NO wonder we have made more than a few bad moves in Free Agency especially with the QB position.. I have been saying this all offseason and this article more than supports my assertions...


  2. #102
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    Unless we make some major moves we aren't a Superbowl caliber team!
    We still don't have a good passing game. We are weaker on the Oline and Saftey positions.
    I hope we do some good drafting but I am afraid we are going to try and fix the defenses( our best side of the ball) and draft lower teir players on offenses( the reason why it currently stinks).

    I thought we turned the page last season and were trying to build a WINNER here. Instead it's just a team to compete.

  3. #103
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Unless we make some major moves we aren't a Superbowl caliber team!
    We still don't have a good passing game. We are weaker on the Oline and Saftey positions.
    I hope we do some good drafting but I am afraid we are going to try and fix the defenses( our best side of the ball) and draft lower teir players on offenses( the reason why it currently stinks).

    I thought we turned the page last season and were trying to build a WINNER here. Instead it's just a team to compete.
    If we can sign Winfield to an extension, i foresee us going CB in the first or second round and playing the rook there opposite Griff.. then moving winfield to safety with Madieu... Winny could then play both safety and some nickel back... with Tj coming in, in nickel and dime formations...

  4. #104
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Unless we make some major moves we aren't a Superbowl caliber team!
    We still don't have a good passing game. We are weaker on the Oline and Saftey positions.
    I hope we do some good drafting but I am afraid we are going to try and fix the defenses( our best side of the ball) and draft lower teir players on offenses( the reason why it currently stinks).

    I thought we turned the page last season and were trying to build a WINNER here. Instead it's just a team to compete.
    Major move huh.
    :

    Look, I don't like starting youngsters anymore than you do, however, you can't honestly say that you think Sullivan would play any worse that Matt do you?

    Same applies to STJ.
    Everyone seems to gravitate to the Iggles game to compare how well he did last year when in fact the whole damn team seemed to be off for that game.
    Nope, I think ole STJ played pretty well last year all things considered.

    Resigning of our key Vets (hopefully Whinny is in that catagory) means almost every starter is back which is huge in this league (consistency/continuity).

    Seems to me that the gauge for success around here is still how many times your team gets mentioned on ESPN cause they are working some blockbuster trade.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #105
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Unless we make some major moves we aren't a Superbowl caliber team!
    We still don't have a good passing game. We are weaker on the Oline and Saftey positions.
    I hope we do some good drafting but I am afraid we are going to try and fix the defenses( our best side of the ball) and draft lower teir players on offenses( the reason why it currently stinks).

    I thought we turned the page last season and were trying to build a WINNER here. Instead it's just a team to compete.
    Major move huh.

    :

    Look, I don't like starting youngsters anymore than you do, however, you can't honestly say that you think Sullivan would play any worse that Matt do you?

    Same applies to STJ.
    Everyone seems to gravitate to the Iggles game to compare how well he did last year when in fact the whole damn team seemed to be off for that game.
    Nope, I think ole STJ played pretty well last year all things considered.

    Resigning of our key Vets (hopefully Whinny is in that catagory) means almost every starter is back which is huge in this league (consistency/continuity).

    Seems to me that the gauge for success around here is still how many times your team gets mentioned on ESPN cause they are working some blockbuster trade.

    +1 Marr.
    The only thing(s) this team needs is to have less stupid penalties and turnovers.
    They drove the ball pretty well last year so cut those two aspects down there will be more points scored.
    We need better play at the RT and QB position.
    They don't have to be All pro players.
    Just someone that does their job consistently.
    No major upgrades are really needed.
    Maybe a couple of upgrades either in playing or personnel but nothing major.
    The other area of interest is STs and it appears to me they have went out and done what needs to be done there.

  6. #106
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    QB play will make or break this offseason.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    thanks front office. you didnt sign anyone to help us and let 2 key players leave. thanks

  8. #108
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,491

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    thanks front office. you didnt sign anyone to help us and let 2 key players leave. thanks
    I disagree with this... we let two players in the waning years of their careers go.

    Over the past two-three offseasons, we've had some of the bigger acquisitions in the league (most notably Hutch, Taylor, Berrian, Allen...).

    Even from his first year as coach, Childress said he wanted to build the team around the draft and not through free agency. Common sense would tell me that allowing old players to go and let younger players fill their gaps would fit right in with that scenario.

    So they've acquired

    some talent positions from FA and now are filling in and developing the team through the draft, I don't think that's a bad plan... now if we could just get a real coach to take care of the game-time decisions.


    And everyone saying "It all depends on QB play..." I think you'll be pleasantly surprised this season.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #109
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Unless we make some major moves we aren't a Superbowl caliber team!
    We still don't have a good passing game. We are weaker on the Oline and Saftey positions.
    I hope we do some good drafting but I am afraid we are going to try and fix the defenses( our best side of the ball) and draft lower teir players on offenses( the reason why it currently stinks).

    I thought we turned the page last season and were trying to build a WINNER here. Instead it's just a team to compete.
    Major move huh.

    :

    Look, I don't like starting youngsters anymore than you do, however, you can't honestly say that you think Sullivan would play any worse that Matt do you?

    Same applies to STJ.
    Everyone seems to gravitate to the Iggles game to compare how well he did last year when in fact the whole gol 'darnit team seemed to be off for that game.
    Nope, I think ole STJ played pretty well last year all things considered.

    Resigning of our key Vets (hopefully Whinny is in that catagory) means almost every starter is back which is huge in this league (consistency/continuity).

    Seems to me that the gauge for success around here is still how many times your team gets mentioned on ESPN cause they are working some blockbuster trade.

    +1 Marr.
    The only thing(s) this team needs is to have less stupid penalties and turnovers.
    They drove the ball pretty well last year so cut those two aspects down there will be more points scored.
    We need better play at the RT and QB position.
    They don't have to be All pro players.
    Just someone that does their job consistently.
    No major upgrades are really needed.
    Maybe a couple of upgrades either in playing or personnel but nothing major.
    The other area of interest is STs and it appears to me they have went out and done what needs to be done there.
    Well you are hitting some of the nails on the head my friend.....I think we need better play at all positions including:

    WR.
    We need to figure out why our WRs are so easily jamned at the line.
    RB.
    Love AD to death but he needs to hang onto the ball and improve in the passing game (especially blocking).
    C.

    We need a C that can read a defense as well a pull.
    Sure hope Sullivan is the answer. As of right now I would've rather seen a vet there like Brown.
    Additionally, we were weak up the middle.
    Remember the link to the sacks stat someone provided?
    We sure gave alot up the middle.
    G's also have a role in helping out improve that.
    FB.
    I still say we don't use them enough in this scheme, however, if they can get someone in that can block as well as be a offensive weapon, maybe we will see it this year.
    DL.
    Still had to give them alot of help with the LB'rs.
    Would love to see a better rotation which would keep everyone fresher which would lead to more productivity IMHO.

    ST'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #110
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Worst off season FA ever?

    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    thanks front office. you didnt sign anyone to help us and let 2 key players leave. thanks
    I can't say Sharper and key player in the same sentence.. Birk, he's play was declining i must say. Wasn't at his best anymore..

    You could say i disagree 100 percent with your post
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Think about the season! And rate it totally through the whole season
    By purplepowered in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 06:19 PM
  2. Which team will be worst of the worst?
    By cogitans in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 05:13 PM
  3. Worst
    By tylersieve in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 01:01 PM
  4. Worst job.
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 01:06 AM
  5. Was this the worst season ever?
    By in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 07:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •