Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Re: WITHERSPOON signs 6yr deal w/ RAMS !

"ancoin" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Grrr...There goes another...We could have had Witherspoon and Edge but no we got a RB who will probably never run for 1000 yards in his career and a nobody linebacker who was replaced by a rookie.
    Leber is Strongside Wiltherspoon is Weak :roll:
    Leber Can play either side. And it's Witherspoon :roll:

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    asshat huh?

Might not want to hear it but it's more than likely the truth...Go look at all the sports analysts overviews of the 2. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the same of the 2.

I'd rather have The Whizzinator At RB...And D. Thomas Fill Newman's Shoes. Just because he knows the system doesn't mean he's automatically a superstar on the team there are other players who can learn it.
    You might prefer those players, but it's obvious that Childress, Foley and Brzezinski have other ideas. As others have said, if the Vikes wanted Witherspoon they would have done what the Rams did and brought him to Minneapolis and not let him leave without a deal. And I also doubt the Whizzinator is even going to be back; just remember Larry Holmes was a backup before he exploded last year behind that quality O-Line in Kansas City; if we get Hutchinson and Fonoti gets into decent shape our O-Line (I'm guessing it would be McKinnie-Hutchinson-Birk-Fonoti-Johnson) will be among the top 3 in the NFL. Behind an O-Line like that even I could run a thousand yards, so imagine what Taylor will be able to do! :wink:

And with regards to Ben Leber; the guy wasn't a 4 year starter at San Diego for no reason. Just because Shawn Merriman gets double-digit sacks doesn't mean he has the all-round game that Leber does. (I'm not saying Merriman is bad, quite the opposite, he's an explosive player, but I'm not sold on his skills other than pass-rushing).

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

what the F is going on? we are losing out on all of the pimp players. What gives?

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    what the F is going on? we are losing out on all of the pimp players. What gives?
    I'm not really sure we're pursuing the "pimp players". I think we've signed basically everyone that we've pursued thus far. We're just not signing the guys that the PPO'ers want!

Anyway...the Rams are gonna be freaking tough next year.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Personally I wasn't much interested in Merriman either he's more of smaller DE type playing LB. But he replaced Leber.

Don't get me wrong I hope they have success and we stomp everyone into the grouond with them...But I mean it's not likely. It's liek I say if they were good enough to be Starters they would have been, And still would be.

PurpleElf Guest

Boy o Boy I hope Mr. Peterson is on his way into town...
    besides the offer sheet to Hutch im not sure wtf the Vikes are doing...

Im not hating on any of the signings, just curious as to why we are going after all second tier players.

KirillDM is offline Rookie

sigh...thank god atleast dallas signed that Guard ...Kosier?? Coz if he was still avialbe I bet we would be going after him and not hutchinson...this is turning out to be a "Red MCombs" type of an Off-season.

aceclown is offline Coach

"KirillDM" wrote:
    sigh...thank god atleast dallas signed that Guard ...Kosier?? Coz if he was still avialbe I bet we would be going after him and not hutchinson...this is turning out to be a "Red MCombs" type of an Off-season.
    LOL, you really think McCombs would sign a guard to nearly 50 million with a Moss type bonus? We must be talking about a different McCombs here because we never spent this type of money on O-Line with Red.

Chuch.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

GET LAVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

thats our number one priority right now. linebacker we get that taken care of then we try to find a safty and trade pep.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"mr.woo" wrote:
    GET LAVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

thats our number one priority right now. linebacker we get that taken care of then we try to find a safty and trade pep.

Sorry to break the news, we will not be signing Lavar. Too much for too old ... not to mention not quick enough anymore after his surgeries to play "cover 2".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast