VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Winfield kept Childress amused and informed in the offseason

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Winfield is awesome.
    Although all the SB talk makes me nervous.
    I wish people would tone it down a notch or two.
    I think thats expected we've almost always been the underdog and when we did get picked to win the SB we chocked. I'm just gald we're a different orginization and we are building a team out of true winners. IMO the suberbowl is definitly in reach for this team. Our offense will be as explosive as the offensive line allows it to be and if we stay healthy on defense its scary good. No reason not to go to the SB in the NFC. We got the best run offense and defense in the league, and getting Jared Allen gives us a whole other dimension. Berrian has true speed and ball skills and Sidney Rice is a baller, we have weapons at every position on the team.

I feel more confident in this team then the 98 team, because we have potentially dominant defense with plenty of playmakers on offense.
    What if it comes down to a Ryan Longwell FG?

What If? Ryan Longwell has been a good kicker for us. The one issue I do have with Longwell is the leg strength on kickoffs and long field goals. If we were to attempt a field goal beyong 53 yards I would start to question the decision.

I'm intristed in the kid they picked up UFA. From what I hear he has a strong leg and the mental game to be a kicker in this league, if we can keep him around he may develop nicely.
    I don't think that his strength is an issue.. Do you remember that Cromatie return? he was off just a little bitty...
    I have faith in him he's alright
    Well we definitly have a different point of veiw here, IMO Longwell lacks the leg strength to consistently put the ball deep on kickoffs, resulting in low kicks or short kicks in which the return man has more a chance to gain yards. I feel this has been an issue. I'm not to worried about Longwell's kicks in the 40 to 50 range but after 50 he hasn't made many and like you brought up, Cramartie returned that one kick that was short, hopefully that type of thing never happens again. Childress is gotta be smarter and know his kickers strength.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Winfield is awesome.
    I think thats expected we've almost always been the underdog and when we did get picked to win the SB we chocked. I'm just gald we're a different orginization and we are building a team out of true winners. IMO the suberbowl is definitly in reach for this team. Our offense will be as explosive as the offensive line allows it to be and if we stay healthy on defense its scary good. No reason not to go to the SB in the NFC. We got the best run offense and defense in the league, and getting Jared Allen gives us a whole other dimension. Berrian has true speed and ball skills and Sidney Rice is a baller, we have weapons at every position on the team.

I feel more confident in this team then the 98 team, because we have potentially dominant defense with plenty of playmakers on offense.

What If? Ryan Longwell has been a good kicker for us. The one issue I do have with Longwell is the leg strength on kickoffs and long field goals. If we were to attempt a field goal beyong 53 yards I would start to question the decision.

I'm intristed in the kid they picked up UFA. From what I hear he has a strong leg and the mental game to be a kicker in this league, if we can keep him around he may develop nicely.
    So was Gary Anderson in '98. Only missed 1 all year long.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Winfield is awesome.

Well we could always build a dominant team and hope it never comes down to field goal but SB games and Championships are more often then not very close games. Lets just hope our Kicker doesn't have a Anderson moment, it would be very hard to bare. I literally remeber my throat lumping as our SB dreams were off by inches.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The next time Marrdro says that the coaches & the front office chose the F/A's & draft prospects, I want to see him include Winfield in that group.
    :P

I really wonder though if they actually targeted a player Winfield suggested?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    The next time Marrdro says that the coaches & the front office chose the F/A's & draft prospects, I want to see him include Winfield in that group.

I imagine he suggested Berrian, just playing against him and knowing how fast and quick he is. Who knows though I think Winfield just wanted to see good players added. He's truely a happy camper right now.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Winfield is awesome.

He didn't kick any that year, 98 was just a dream, It never happened

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"El" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Hint: If it is a 40 yard or less in a Dome ,He ll miss in 90 % of times

If it is 50 yarder or more ,in an outdoor (preferebly snowing) ,He ll hit the target 99 %.

The sad part is we gonna win
    Home field advantage on NFC Playoffs this season
    and we play in a Dome
    :

The good part is the Falcons won´t clinch a playoff spot
    ;D

He actually was perfect last year 40 yard or less. He only missed one under 50 yards. You are right about one thing though, The guy is better at kicking outdoors. He had 4 FG attempts from 50+ last year. He made one outdoors and missed 3 indoors. He never has been good at kicking 50+ yard FGs. In his career he is 50%. Just get him under 50 and we are golden. The guy is a monster under 50. 85% in his career.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I imagine he suggested Berrian, just playing against him and knowing how fast and quick he is. Who knows though I think Winfield just wanted to see good players added. He's truely a happy camper right now.
    LOL, you crack me up Singer.

I agree TW, who else would he mention.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    [quote author=seaniemck7 link=topic=45556.msg790499#msg790499 date=1213062516]
    Winfield is awesome.

He didn't kick any that year, 98 was just a dream, It never happened
    [/quote]

Denial is NOT a long river in Egypt ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123