Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75
  1. #11
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    Does anybody know who CJ's agent is?


    Will he have a long holdout?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    "Json" wrote:
    If the Vikes opted to trade it would be one of the better moves to better the franchise, but you know as well as I do that it will NOT happen because of the passive Childress.
    What do you mean by "because of the passive Childress"?
    Are you talking about the passive Childress who attempted to move up in the first round to grab a QB last draft, or the Childress who DID trade up in the second round to grab a QB?
    :

    There was nothing passive about Childress's draft last year, so before complaining about him make sure you have your facts straight.

    Acquiring CJ would be a great move for the Vikes... but not at the price the Lions would ask from a divisional opponent.
    Millen make be stupid, but he's not that stupid to trade within their own division.
    Not even CJ is worth multiple high level draft picks, especially if the trade spans several drafts.
    Didn't we as fans learn ANYTHING from the HW trade?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    i don't get that, if they are looking to trade down, they arn't looking for a 7th overall pick but 15+ picks
    I think it is because of the value chart.
    More than likely, they can't trade the 2 for 7 and still get another higher round (2-3) pick.
    They would have to settle for a 6th rounder or something like that.
    We would have to break out the chart to get a more accurate answer.

    Go for it, here is the chart!
    http://www.degnan.org/dolphins/draftvaluechart.htm

  4. #14
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,506

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    "Del" wrote:
    I watched the Vikings hand the Cowboys a few championships over a guy they thought was talented enough to fix all our problems, not again. I don't call it passive I call it smart.

    I have a feeling you put a guy in a dysfunctional situation you aren't going to be happy with the results. Our problems are bigger then one player. I say the more draft picks the better.
    This is well put...was hoping nobody would bring up Herschel.
    I say stay put and take BPA; probably Landry or DE.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    Hmmmm.


    Bobby Wade was the only WR added thus far.
    No other WRs that were brought in were signed.
    A TE was added.
    Another TE visited, but didn't sign.
    A LB was added.
    a DT was brought in for a visit.

    There is a lot of salary cap space available.


    And no one in Winter Park seems upset, anxious, nervous,
    worried, or disappointed with free agent acquisitions thus far.
    They spoke with Quinn, but say TJackson and Bollinger will compete for starting QB.


    So, what could be their plan to get a WR(s) better than Wade?

    Hmmmmm.




    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    OK, I did a little calculating.
    The value chart seems askew to me.
    I don't know how anyone could trade down without taking a loss somewhere because I don't see teams giving up 3 picks to compensate for top pick.

    Detroit #2 pick = 2600

    Vikes #7 pick = 1600

    Difference is 1000

    I don't know how anyone can compensate them for that difference at 15 + spots in the draft.

    We would have to give them our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks and that wouldn't even total 2600.

    Those 3 picks only total 2360, which is not equal to 2600.

    I think if you trade down, you will have to take less value, but you get out of the top dollar contract if you get yourself out of the top 10 picks.


  7. #17
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Hmmmm.


    Bobby Wade was the only WR added thus far.
    No other WRs that were brought in were signed.

    A TE was added.
    Another TE visited, but didn't sign.
    A LB was added.
    a DT was brought in for a visit.

    There is a lot of salary cap space available.


    And no one in Winter Park seems upset, anxious, nervous,
    worried, or disappointed with free agent acquisitions thus far.
    They spoke with Quinn, but say TJackson and Bollinger will compete for starting QB.


    So, what could be their plan to get a WR(s) better than Wade?

    Hmmmmm.




    How many people at Winter park direct their nervous feelings towards the media for you to see?


    Childress calls a press conference: Guys I'm really nervouse about our WR situation just thought you should know.


    To play along however if I had to guess, I would say since the draft this year is so deep at WR they plan on landing some solid picks that are possibly improvements over what we have currently.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  8. #18
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    Vikes couldn't afford to give the Lions more than a swap of the first round picks and throw in out second, that would give the Lions 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.
    That wouldn't jive with the chart value, but the Lions would have to like the fact that they would be getting 3 picks in the first round.
    Lions would pick 7th, 33rd, and 42nd.

    I don't see Chilly or Speilman doing it.
    If you are confident in your decisions, you will go with taking your allotted picks and get the guys that will best fill your teams needs.
    There are a lot of talented players to be had in the first 42 picks.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    "Del" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Hmmmm.


    Bobby Wade was the only WR added thus far.
    No other WRs that were brought in were signed.

    A TE was added.
    Another TE visited, but didn't sign.
    A LB was added.
    a DT was brought in for a visit.

    There is a lot of salary cap space available.


    And no one in Winter Park seems upset, anxious, nervous,
    worried, or disappointed with free agent acquisitions thus far.
    They spoke with Quinn, but say TJackson and Bollinger will compete for starting QB.


    So, what could be their plan to get a WR(s) better than Wade?

    Hmmmmm.




    How many people at Winter park direct their nervous feelings towards the media for you to see?


    Childress calls a press conference: Guys I'm really nervouse about our WR situation just thought you should know.


    To play along however if I had to guess, I would say since the draft this year is so deep at WR they plan on landing some solid picks that are possibly improvements over what we have currently.
    So, you're saying the Vikings brass hide their feelings well?
    That must mean they also hide their intentions well.
    Has anyone in the Pentagon of the Powerful People said they want to pick CJohnson?
    If so, why not?
    What about Landry?
    Quinn?


    Hmmmm.



    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  10. #20
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Window for Calvin Johnson has been opened

    "Del" wrote:
    I watched the Vikings hand the Cowboys a few championships over a guy they thought was talented enough to fix all our problems, not again. I don't call it passive I call it smart.

    I have a feeling you put a guy in a dysfunctional situation you aren't going to be happy with the results. Our problems are bigger then one player. I say the more draft picks the better.
    I'll go with that - even as talented as CJ looks to be, he can only play one position at a time. I'd rather keep our picks and boost our chances of improving multiple positions rather than just one spot.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Calvin Johnson Signing
    By ejmat in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 08:26 AM
  2. Other than Calvin Johnson
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
  3. Are you willing to trade up to #3 to get Calvin Johnson?
    By defensiveplaymaker1 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 07:46 AM
  4. Calvin Johnson video
    By VikesFan787 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 10:30 PM
  5. CALVIN JOHNSON!!!
    By lilvikes33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 08:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •