Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    rednorsk is offline Rookie

Will We Get McNabb???

McNabb was a very good Quarterback, but we don't need another "almost" over the hill veteran. The Vikings need to build a new team with Leslie Frazier as it's Head Coach.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Will We Get McNabb???

I have always despised McNabb and if they sign him more than likely I will turn on like like Marr turned on Favre. I suppose I should start to think up a quippy moniker for him now just in case.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Prophet" #1084383
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1084382
    He's no better than TJ.
    No.
    lmao. How can he not be better than TJack? I would give singersp a shot at QB with his purple socks and all. At least it would be more entertaining than watching TJack.
    exactly, too effing funny

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1084473
    I have always despised McNabb and if they sign him more than likely I will turn on him like Marr turned on Favre. I suppose I should start to think up a quippy moniker for him now just in case.
    McNoodle comes immediately to mind.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1084465
    McNabb- 0 Super Bowl wins
    Vikings-0 Super Bowl wins
    0+0 still equals 0
    Aaron Rodgers=0
    Any Rookie QB=0

Nice logic
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

I will like to point out that Mcnabb's teams entered the NFCCG with some of the worst teams ever. He rarely had a healthy Westbrook and his receiving corps was terrible.

Also, I believe we can sign Mcnabb to a 3 year deal and draft a rookie QB like Cam(i want Luck). In 3 years McNabb will be in his mid 30s and you can switched to an experienced QB in our young Qb.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1084482
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1084465
    McNabb- 0 Super Bowl wins
    Vikings-0 Super Bowl wins
    0+0 still equals 0
    Aaron Rodgers=0
    Any Rookie QB=0

Nice logic
    LOL, how many QBs have multiple Superbowl wins. They would be the only guys that had previously won a superbowl and would not carry a zero in this equation. Now how many QBs had a superbowl win, went back and lost. Now how many QBs played a superbowl and lost then came back and won a superbowl later.

Every QB that isn't a multi Superbowl winner had a 0 in this equation at one time or another.

No starting quarterback on your (our) team = 0.

We don't even have a (legit) QB at this time. Webb is not going to be ready that kid is R.A.W.

Stop gap = McNabb, spend what you have to and get him in purple. All we need is to get someone to drive the car. I know that we aren't tuned up like last year, but it is still a car, needs a couple parts replaced.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

The bigger question - for me anyway - is "Do we really WANT McNabb?"

When we had Chiller here, it made sense. The *cough* "KAO" *cough* was built around a system McNabb knew well. With a complete lack of realistic QB options here, it was a slam dunk certainty that we were going to make a play for McNabb if he was available.

Now, we have to wait and see who the next HC/OC will be. Then we have to assess whether or not McNabb will fit the new system well.

And, most importantly, we have to find our NEXT QB within the next 2 years, regardless of who we acquire now.

Make no mistake, McNabb can help us transition to the new system - I have no doubts about that. But the idea of the perfect marriage between System and QB is now gone. And McNabb's lack of success in Washington does raise questions - depending upon who the new HC/OC will be.

Caine

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1084494
    The bigger question - for me anyway - is "Do we really WANT McNabb?"

When we had Chiller here, it made sense. The *cough* "KAO" *cough* was built around a system McNabb knew well. With a complete lack of realistic QB options here, it was a slam dunk certainty that we were going to make a play for McNabb if he was available.

Now, we have to wait and see who the next HC/OC will be. Then we have to assess whether or not McNabb will fit the new system well.

And, most importantly, we have to find our NEXT QB within the next 2 years, regardless of who we acquire now.

Make no mistake, McNabb can help us transition to the new system - I have no doubts about that. But the idea of the perfect marriage between System and QB is now gone. And McNabb's lack of success in Washington does raise questions - depending upon who the new HC/OC will be.

Caine
    True, but as the team sits now, would Frasier if he was still coach, can Bevell to bring in his own. I am not sure changing our offensive scheme is the best idea at this time. Maybe it is. This topic goes into the debate of the next coach.

I agree, my comments for wanting McNabb is only if we stay with the WCO. Fits my drive the car statement, if we switch cars, I want another driver besides McNabb. I am sure that McNabb would like to go to a team that has the WCO. He doesn't want to learn a new system, old dog new trick.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Will We Get McNabb???

Maybe a good idea for a thread would be a discussion on the options available that Frazier or a new head coach might decide to go for.

I, for one, am not familiar with those options and how they might improve the offense.

I get the feeling from some posts that the WCO is no good and others seem to feel that the rigid way Childress ran it was the problem.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast