Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1084422
    Yes we will get him.

My guess is we don't have to give up a thing, as Washington made it clear they are going in a different direction and his contract is such that they can easily release him.

We can still draft a QB in the first.

Z is insane, McNabb is a winner, just not superbowl winner, yet.
    McNabb's career regular season record is 83-45-1, the third best winning percentage behing only P Manning and T Brady(ahead of Favre, Roethlisburger, Rivers, Rodgers, and every other QB in the league).

His playoff record is 9-7. Better than Favre's 12-11, Manning 9-9, Marino 8-10.
    Here's the problem - McNabb will want a big money long term deal. We, on the other hand, will only need him 2-3 years - if we draft a legit QB prospect this season or next.

So, will McNabb want to come here KNOWING we're seeking to replace him?

Further, Chiller is gone, and so too is the "Former Eagle Love Fest". We don't know what system our new HC will install, so we don't even know if McNabb will be the right guy for the job.

I'm not so sure we wind up with McNabb.

Caine

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1084428
    Yes we will get him.

My guess is we don't have to give up a thing, as Washington made it clear they are going in a different direction and his contract is such that they can easily release him.

McNabb's career regular season record is 83-45-1, the third best winning percentage behing only P Manning and T Brady(ahead of Favre, Roethlisburger, Rivers, Rodgers, and every other QB in the league).

Here's the problem - McNabb will want a big money long term deal. We, on the other hand, will only need him 2-3 years - if we draft a legit QB prospect this season or next.

Further, Chiller is gone, and so too is the "Former Eagle Love Fest". We don't know what system our new HC will install, so we don't even know if McNabb will be the right guy for the job.

Caine
    Good points.
    Not sure the money is as much of an issue, that is going to be the case with any team that signs.

The fact we don't know who the coach will be or what system they will install could be a huge barrier that needs to be figured out. Assuming we stick with some form of the west coast offense, McNabb would fit well.

Ultimately it probably comes down to whether they decide to completely rebuild or just fix what we already have. I think we have enough pieces in place that they will try to win right away.

Then agains, now that Tjack is officially done, my opinion on QB should be taken with a grain of salt.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1084430
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1084428
    Yes we will get him.

Caine
    Good points.
    Not sure the money is as much of an issue, that is going to be the case with any team that signs.

The fact we don't know who the coach will be or what system they will install could be a huge barrier that needs to be figured out. Assuming we stick with some form of the west coast offense, McNabb would fit well.

Ultimately it probably comes down to whether they decide to completely rebuild or just fix what we already have. I think we have enough pieces in place that they will try to win right away.

Then agains, now that Tjack is officially done, my opinion on QB should be taken with a grain of salt.
    I was always all for McNabb being a Viking until recently. But that is only because he's not been playing well. What I haven't considered until now is I wonder if he was playing a system that he fit.

I believe the Skins will try to trade before they just cut him. Unless the Vikes are willing to deal for him chances are he may find a different team. The Skins actually hurt themselves by making him 3rd string in the trade aspect.

I do think McNabb is a winner. He's taken 5 teams to the Conference Championship in 12 years. True he hasn't won any superbowls but neither have the Vikings. Who know's? Maybe they both win one at the same time

I still wouldn't mind McNabb unless the Vikings were able to get a guy like Kolb.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

We would have to trade for him so that makes it a little more difficult. They would probably demand a first rounder and then some.
    We're bringing purple back.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1084454
    We would have to trade for him so that makes it a little more difficult. They would probably demand a first rounder and then some.
    I'm not sure they can at this point. The fact they delegated him as the 3rd string QB may hamper their chances of getting even a 1st day round pick for him.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Will We Get McNabb???

McNabb- 0 Super Bowl wins
    Vikings-0 Super Bowl wins
    0+0 still equals 0
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1084465
    0+0 still equals 0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_DV54ddNHE

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Will We Get McNabb???

1. Kolb is concussion-prone.

2. Vick is going to be facing many injuries and might be out any day.....thus Eagles must hang onto Kolb unless they have a plan to dump him because he's concussion-prone.

He's not a smart bet unless he's virtually free......then he'd be worth the gamble.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1084465
    0+0 still equals 0
    Brad Johnson and Brett Favre both have rings and came here and the Vikes still have none so how does that math work :S

I forgot about Jim McMahon

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Will We Get McNabb???

McNabb is a winner and has won way more than he's lost. kolb totally unproven in my opinion. Looks good once in awhile ..... looks like crap another time ..... sound like what we have??? I think we should draft a young prospect or try McNabb if he fits the new system and we can get him cheap.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast