Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085840
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1085751
    I can agree taking this route. I had mentioned Orton way back in this thread and I think he'd be a perfect fit. He can play in all kinds of weather and that needs to be taken in consideration now more than before. He is a good game manager and if we can keep the same talent by re-signing some of our current free agents, Orton would take care of the QB situation so they can truly concentrate on OL and secondary.
    Do you think "Orton" at QB is gonna sell tickets?
    Actually I do. Look at his stats this year with no real WR talent. I'm not a stat guy when it comes to judging people but the guy does a pretty good job managing the gme and has proven he can throw when need be.

Now, let's turn that question around. Did TJ, Bollinger, Holcomb and Frerotte at QB sell tickets?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "KevinK" #1085922
    I just dont think Donovan would want to come here anyway. We are going into a rebulid mode and we may play outside next year.. (for what I heard.)

We are going to have to sign Greenway, Rice, AD and find a franchise QB? I see McNabb as a Cardinal next year IMO. Arizona, Fitz, and probably a good contract in the desert.

I think we need to make a bold move and pull the trigger for a chance at a top 10 QB draft pick and build from there. Give up our second and pull a Sanchez or Tebow move. But be sure you like the prospects first obviously..lol.
    And these are all good points. I'd like to throw a few more wrenches at everyone.

IMO the Vikings are in a terrible scenario. Let's look at facts.

1) They have several key free agents to re-sign.
    2) They have stadium issues
    3) The NFL and NFLPA still hasn't come up with anything close to an agreement.

With that said here is what I see happening and it isn't what people (including myself) want to hear but it is in fact the situation the franchise is in.

If the Vikings do not get a new stadium how many of you think Wilf starts liquidating? Meaning, not signing high priced free agents to include our own and just selling the team. Let's face it. Wilf has put up his part by spending the money needed for a chamionship team but the state of MN hasn't and all they've done is talk against it. Why would Wilf do anything more if after everything that happened this year with the stadium the legislature was still not willing to get them a new stadium?

As much as none of us want to even hope or think about this it would make a lot of sense as a business decision. This is what I fear. I hope against all hopes this doesn't happen but the next 3 months will be a major factor on where the Vikings are past 2011. The fact that the NFL may not even have a season makes it that much harder because no one really wants to spend more money on players when they don't know where the season itself lies.

Tanner2729 is offline Training Camp

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085914
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tanner2729" #1085906
    In a Perfect World...

We should pick up McNabb and draft a "franchise" quarterback. McNabb can groom Webb for the next year or two. Then, Webb is our starter for a year and then our drafted "franchise" quarterback takes us to the promise land.
    I can kindof track with that, however, I have two discussion points.....

1. Cost. Dnabb and the "Franchise" QB you draft this year will both command starter money. How do you pay them both.

What I've seen in the past is that teams that have money issues will typically just pay one. In this case, they will probably pay for the Rookie, go get a low level vet on the cheap and go with the rook.

2. If we did stick with your scenario, why would you get rid of Webb? Seems if he developed he would be good enough to go.

Good stuff though. Love the angle you are taking. Very interesting path of discussion.
    Is Webb ever going to be a "franchise" quarterback? Wasn't the guy drafted as a wide receiver? Nobody is going to argue that Webb is a tremendous athlete, but if he had "franchise" quarterback ability why wasn't he drafted as a quarterback?

Lets find out... Don't draft a QB, let Webb run the show next year, sign Rosenfels or Palmer on the cheap to bail Webb out if he can't be counted on and use our top draft pics on some O-Linemen with huge asses to set up a wall for Webb. He is going to need the extra time back there...

If Webb doesn't end up being our golden boy then draft a Quarterback in 2012. By then we will have hopefully worked out our O-Line & D-Line personnel issues.
    None

Tanner2729 is offline Training Camp

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085916
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tanner2729" #1085906
    In a Perfect World...

We should pick up McNabb and draft a "franchise" quarterback. McNabb can groom Webb for the next year or two. Then, Webb is our starter for a year and then our drafted "franchise" quarterback takes us to the promise land.
    Sounds like a scenario where the opposing team can destroy more QBs.

Better draft a few "franchise" O-Linemen if you want to get to the promised land.

Lets find out... Don't draft a QB, let Webb run the show next year, sign Rosenfels or Palmer on the cheap to bail Webb out if he can't be counted on and use our top draft pics on some O-Linemen with huge asses to set up a wall for Webb. He is going to need the extra time back there...
    None

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112