Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Will We Get McNabb???

Donovan McNabb-Jeff Fisher Combination Could Turn Minnesota Vikings Around

OK, I'll be the first to buy into this. If Jeff took over and he tapped Dnabb, I would be 100% in support.

Anyone else, I'm not buying it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Tanner2729 is offline Training Camp

Will We Get McNabb???

In a Perfect World...

We should pick up McNabb and draft a "franchise" quarterback. McNabb can groom Webb for the next year or two. Then, Webb is our starter for a year and then our drafted "franchise" quarterback takes us to the promise land.
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Will We Get McNabb???

We could probably get McNabb pretty cheap because the Redskins have essentially destroyed his worth with their actions.

He might be ok at that price. He might even do well if we can shore up our disastrous pass protection.

If Webb shows promise half the battle is already won.

Some good O-Linemen would be a better use of our draft choices.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Tanner2729" #1085906
    In a Perfect World...

We should pick up McNabb and draft a "franchise" quarterback. McNabb can groom Webb for the next year or two. Then, Webb is our starter for a year and then our drafted "franchise" quarterback takes us to the promise land.
    I can kindof track with that, however, I have two discussion points.....

1. Cost. Dnabb and the "Franchise" QB you draft this year will both command starter money. How do you pay them both.

What I've seen in the past is that teams that have money issues will typically just pay one. In this case, they will probably pay for the Rookie, go get a low level vet on the cheap and go with the rook.

2. If we did stick with your scenario, why would you get rid of Webb? Seems if he developed he would be good enough to go.

Good stuff though. Love the angle you are taking. Very interesting path of discussion.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Tanner2729" #1085906
    In a Perfect World...

Sounds like a scenario where the opposing team can destroy more QBs.

Better draft a few "franchise" O-Linemen if you want to get to the promised land.

--John Wooden

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085910
    We could probably get McNabb pretty cheap because the Redskins have essentially destroyed his worth with their actions.

He might be ok at that price. He might even do well if we can shore up our disastrous pass protection.

If Webb shows promise half the battle is already won.

Some good O-Linemen would be a better use of our draft choices.
    I was pretty high on getting Dnabb next year and have watched quite a bit of him in action this year.

Long story short, he was never really very accurate, but this year he has even gotten worse.

If we stick with the WCO scheme you need a QB that is accurate. Not sure he is worth it even if we can get him cheap.

I'd much rather take a kid high, use the vet money on a LT, draft another WR in the 2nd if we loose El Syd and build from there.

KevinK is offline Starter

Will We Get McNabb???

I just dont think Donovan would want to come here anyway. We are going into a rebulid mode and we may play outside next year.. (for what I heard.)

We are going to have to sign Greenway, Rice, AD and find a franchise QB? I see McNabb as a Cardinal next year IMO. Arizona, Fitz, and probably a good contract in the desert.

I think we need to make a bold move and pull the trigger for a chance at a top 10 QB draft pick and build from there. Give up our second and pull a Sanchez or Tebow move. But be sure you like the prospects first obviously..lol.

Will We Get McNabb???

We probably better see what happens with Webb in the last two games.

Who knows, he could do very well and change the whole outlook.

Hear these words and be patient.

--John Wooden

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "KevinK" #1085922
    I just dont think Donovan would want to come here anyway. We are going into a rebulid mode and we may play outside next year.. (for what I heard.)

We are going to have to sign Greenway, Rice, AD and find a franchise QB? I see McNabb as a Cardinal next year IMO. Arizona, Fitz, and probably a good contract in the desert.

I think we need to make a bold move and pull the trigger for a chance at a top 10 QB draft pick and build from there. Give up our second and pull a Sanchez or Tebow move. But be sure you like the prospects first obviously..lol.
    Hey, KK, were ya been. Quick question, you catch any of that stuff Skelton (Cards) was throwing around. I don't think he cracked 200 yards and was pretty inconsistent, but he sure was making the Cowgirls look bad especially late in the game.

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085923
    We probably better see what happens with Webb in the last two games.

Who knows, he could do very well and change the whole outlook.

Hear these words and be patient.

LOL, patience and Vikings fans. Words not used in the same sentence very much.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast