Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1084397
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1084395
    I'm just not entirely convinced that McNabb is a dinosaur.

In the past, I've seen respected players like this have a slump, change teams, and then rise to greatness.

I think he's worth a look......his coach, I think, is kind of like the coach we just sent down the garbage disposal.
    If we are to trade for a QB I'd rather spend a little more and trade for Kolb. In fact, I would bet Kolb may be cheaper given the fact he has been the backup most of the season.
    Sorry but Kolb IMO is not the answer. That and I don't want anything to do with any more Eagles castaways. The answer is the draft and I am not talking about waiting until our pick to get one. Time to trade up and get the best guy in the draft. Too bad we don't have a 3rd rounder. Thanks Clueless! Put the guy out there ASAP. I know there will be bumps but I am sick of waiting for a franchise guy. It pisses me off the Pack can lose a HOFer and not miss a beat. Time to hit the draft!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085736

In the past, I've seen respected players like this have a slump, change teams, and then rise to greatness.

I think he's worth a look......his coach, I think, is kind of like the coach we just sent down the garbage disposal.
    If we are to trade for a QB I'd rather spend a little more and trade for Kolb. In fact, I would bet Kolb may be cheaper given the fact he has been the backup most of the season.
    Sorry but Kolb IMO is not the answer. That and I don't want anything to do with any more Eagles castaways. The answer is the draft and I am not talking about waiting until our pick to get one. Time to trade up and get the best guy in the draft. Too bad we don't have a 3rd rounder. Thanks Clueless! Put the guy out there ASAP. I know there will be bumps but I am sick of waiting for a franchise guy. It pisses me off the Pack can lose a HOFer and not miss a beat. Time to hit the draft!
    Can't argue with the drafting point. It would just be nice to have someone with experience and proven ability in the mean time so they don't waste the talent of AP, PH, SR and VS. Drafting a grooming a QB while he plays may not be the answer either.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1085744

Can't argue with the drafting point. It would just be nice to have someone with experience and proven ability in the mean time so they don't waste the talent of AP, PH, SR and VS. Drafting a grooming a QB while he plays may not be the answer either.
    I just don't want them to develop a tendency with Kolb and then have to change again when they put the draftee in.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Will We Get McNabb???

I'd rather have Orton! I'm pretty sure he's a FA going into next year and likely would rather start than backup tbone. He had a hell of a year in Denver with a questionable receiving core and coach, and no running game since Moreno was injured a bunch. He's a perfect game manager who doesn't commit many turnovers and would consistently give Peterson and the defense a chance to win games for us.

McNabb is old and mostly worn out, and, IMHO not worth giving up any picks, and probably not worth his fat contract either. Kolb is like an older draft pick in my mind...hasn't started enough to read defenses and so still commits too many TOs. Besides, the way Vick plays leads to lots of injuries, my bet is Philly keeps both!

Then, we add another QB project to add to Webb and our FA signing, and sit him down for some learning time.

What I'm most afraid of is doing just what many of you are already screaming for: trading away a bunch of picks for a reach at QB (when we're already short a 3rd!) who won't help a stich (even if he does eventually work out) cuz our OL isn't giving him a shot at success anyway.

We have other needs than QB. We have a shit-ton of FAs we need to consider resigning which could lead to even more needs. With a top-ten pick (assuming we lose 2 more) IN ALL ROUNDS (but the 3rd) we can address several of them with young potential.

That is the key to a good draft this year...taking advantage of a hopefully rare early pick throughout the draft, NOT heaping them all up into one desperate all-in bet!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1085749
    I'd rather have Orton! I'm pretty sure he's a FA going into next year and likely would rather start than backup tbone. He had a hell of a year in Denver with a questionable receiving core and coach, and no running game since Moreno was injured a bunch. He's a perfect game manager who doesn't commit many turnovers and would consistently give Peterson and the defense a chance to win games for us.

McNabb is old and mostly worn out, and, IMHO not worth giving up any picks, and probably not worth his fat contract either. Kolb is like an older draft pick in my mind...hasn't started enough to read defenses and so still commits too many TOs. Besides, the way Vick plays leads to lots of injuries, my bet is Philly keeps both!

Then, we add another QB project to add to Webb and our FA signing, and sit him down for some learning time.

What I'm most afraid of is doing just what many of you are already screaming for: trading away a bunch of picks for a reach at QB (when we're already short a 3rd!) who won't help a stich (even if he does eventually work out) cuz our OL isn't giving him a shot at success anyway.

We have other needs than QB. We have a shit-ton of FAs we need to consider resigning which could lead to even more needs. With a top-ten pick (assuming we lose 2 more) IN ALL ROUNDS (but the 3rd) we can address several of them with young potential.

That is the key to a good draft this year...taking advantage of a hopefully rare early pick throughout the draft, NOT heaping them all up into one desperate all-in bet!!!
    I can agree taking this route. I had mentioned Orton way back in this thread and I think he'd be a perfect fit. He can play in all kinds of weather and that needs to be taken in consideration now more than before. He is a good game manager and if we can keep the same talent by re-signing some of our current free agents, Orton would take care of the QB situation so they can truly concentrate on OL and secondary.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Will We Get McNabb???

I wonder how Rodgers would have done if he hadn't been given time to learn the game? My guess is he wouldn't be the QB he is today. Throwing Qb's in right away would be a mistake IMHO. I'm fine with drafting the best QB, but I also think we need a vet on the team to lead this offense. IMHO McNabb is a good leader, and the best QB that is available(and IMHO won't cost anything but cash).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1085834

I wonder how Rodgers would have done if he hadn't been given time to learn the game? My guess is he wouldn't be the QB he is today. Throwing Qb's in right away would be a mistake IMHO. I'm fine with drafting the best QB, but I also think we need a vet on the team to lead this offense. IMHO McNabb is a good leader, and the best QB that is available(and IMHO won't cost anything but cash).
    I think some learn from doing and some learn from watching and then doing, just like I believe some get it quickly and some take longer to learn.

One example I have stayed away from all season is from the 757......He seemed to have all the tools and still couldn't quite get it done on a consistent basis.

Now, after a few years, he seems to have figured it out. The big key, from that QB's mouth to his old coach......."I now understand what it takes to be great and that requires extra time from me studying film, practicing throws etc ect ect."

Back to DNabb. I for one think he had it, but after watching alot of his stuff this year, he certainly is off his game. Accuracey is really down. Mix in questions about his physical ability/stamina and one kindof wonders if he hasn't taken the year off as he gets ready for the next team or is he really on the backside of what his skill set used to be.

I'm of a mind that he is on the backside and isn't gonna be any better next year, probably worse.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1085751
    I can agree taking this route. I had mentioned Orton way back in this thread and I think he'd be a perfect fit. He can play in all kinds of weather and that needs to be taken in consideration now more than before. He is a good game manager and if we can keep the same talent by re-signing some of our current free agents, Orton would take care of the QB situation so they can truly concentrate on OL and secondary.
    Do you think "Orton" at QB is gonna sell tickets?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Will We Get McNabb???

If he's not a dinosaur, he's the next thing to being one. Can he play a year or two? Sure, but I don't feel he can take us over the hump & into the playoffs. We would at best, IMO, simply give the Bears & Packers a run for their money. The Lions are getting better as well.

Quite frankly, I've grown tired of the dinosaur experiments. Other than Culpepper & a year of TJ, we've been playing dinosaurs at the QB position since 1993 (17 years). We've made it to the playoffs some of those years, but end up never making it to the SB.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Will We Get McNabb???

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1085841

If he's not a dinosaur, he's the next thing to being one. Can he play a year or two? Sure, but I don't feel he can take us over the hump & into the playoffs. We would at best, IMO, simply give the Bears & Packers a run for their money. The Lions are getting better as well.

Quite frankly, I've grown tired of the dinosaur experiments. Other than Culpepper & a year of TJ, we've been playing dinosaurs at the QB position since 1993 (17 years). We've made it to the playoffs some of those years, but end up never making it to the SB.
    When did we draft Brad Johson? 92, 93, 94? He wasn't to bad for a while.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast