Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Will Vikings select another wide receiver?

"Nephilim" wrote:
    I dont see the Vikings going after another WR is the draft for the second straight year...its almost Lioness to do that.
    lol ...Good one. However Greenway was our #1 pick last year.
    2 years ago we drafted Williamson.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Here's an article from CNNSI.com where a former NFL WR/CB and scout ranks the top 10 WRs available in the draft:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/20/brooks.top.wrs/index.html

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I'd honestly like to trade down and acquire another 2nd round pick.Then we'd have a late first and 2 2nd round picks.We could use both of those 2nd's on WRs.Anthony Gonzalez and Dwyane Bowe would be too good to be true.I feel the WRs after CJ arnt truly worthy of the number 7 pick.Why not trade out to a team who may need a QB like Quinn or a DE like Gaines.Who knows, i'm just talkin outta my arse.However I think we need to get atleast 2 WRs in this draft with the amount of talent at that position this year.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'd like to see a trade down for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. That would put us in position to draft a guy like Jarrett...one of the two or three mid-first round receivers in this draft. I think #7 on Ginn is too high and trading up probably won't happen.

I say trading down (if we're looking receiver and not QB that is) is probably the way to go.

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    Here's an article from CNNSI.com where a former NFL WR/CB and scout ranks the top 10 WRs available in the draft:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/20/brooks.top.wrs/index.html

=Z=
    I like any wide receiver who is described as a "football player", too many have skills but are really just great athletes who play football. Don't know much about this guy but like what I read here:
    7. Craig "Buster" Davis, LSU: An explosive player with excellent speed, quickness and athleticism. He is a "football player" who has developed into a more consistent pass-catcher to complement his big-play ability as a runner. His versatility as a receiver/returner enhances his value as a second-round prospect.

Comparable NFL Player: Hines Ward, but a little more explosive

If that last line is true then picking him up in second round sounds excellent.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    If this dude is right on that CJ is a more polished version of Moss (most likely a pipe dream), then we HAVE to trade up!!!

Otherwise, I would gladly trade down if we can find a trade partner who wants to be in the #7 spot...and take any one of the four SEC receivers in the late first round or even a second one in the early second round (Meachem, Rice, Bowe or Davis).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    If this dude is right on that CJ is a more polished version of Moss (most likely a pipe dream), then we HAVE to trade up!!!

Otherwise, I would gladly trade down if we can find a trade partner who wants to be in the #7 spot...and take any one of the four SEC receivers in the late first round or even a second one in the early second round (Meachem, Rice, Bowe or Davis).
    I really think they won't look to get a receiver in the first (unless CJ falls) based on Childress' comments. However, BC is crafty bastard and may be sandbagging to throw the rest of the NFL off his pre draft trail. If so the tradedown to get Bowe or Jarrett or Ginn may happen.

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings' search has a catch[/size]

By Mark Craig, Star Tribune

For the second time in three years, Vikings coaches, scouts and front office executives traveled to Indianapolis and the annual NFL scouting combine with wide receiver as their most glaring need.

A strong class of receivers could produce as many as six first-round picks. And that has some draft analysts guessing that the Vikings -- for the second time in three years -- will select a receiver seventh overall.

That, according to NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, would be an unwise decision.....
    i kinda think just cuz Troy Williamson is a bust....we should let that stop us from either trading up to get CJ or trading down to acquire more picks and getting somebody like Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12