Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Creep is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Will the Vikings draft LaRon Landry?

If not, how 'bout Sabby Piscitelli?? Look him up... I'd be more than hapopy with him as a sleeper
    *FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

"Mr." wrote:
    I really hope we get Landry at 7.Presuming CJ and Gaines are both gone, i'd be the best move.(besides trading down)

Sharper IMO hurt us last year, and will continue to this year.He just dosnt have the speed needed for S anymore.Hes a ballhawk and very smart player.However we need to look to the future at that position.Tank is not the answer.(Atleast not yet) Hes been plaqued with serious injury the past couple seasons.Blue hasnt shown me anything more then hes an electrifying hitter.To me I always saw him as a potential LB canidate.The verdict is still out on him.

Landry is an immediate impact player.He should attend his fair share of pro bowls for years to come.(Knock on wood)
    I agree completely with you on this.
    He WILL be a pro bowler and with his range, speed, and smarts he can lock down a whole field while Sharper has the opportunity to do what he is best at, ballhawking.
    I think this would be the smartest move besides trading down if we have no shot at Johnson and Adams is gone.
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

"Creep" wrote:
    If not, how 'bout Sabby Piscitelli?? Look him up... I'd be more than hapopy with him as a sleeper
    Nope.
    No Sabby's wanted.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and go on the record (for whatever that means) and say we are gonna do the following with the number 7 pick this year:

Draft one of these guys by either staying at 7 or trading up with somebody:

Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
    Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
    Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
    JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
    Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
    Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
    Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
    Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
    Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
    Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
    LaRon Landry, S, LSU

OR

Trade down if one of them is coveted by another team who wants to trade up and take one of these guys.
    ;D

Robert Meachem, Tennessee
    Dwayne Jarrett, USC
    Dwayne Bowe, LSU

I know it is a risky call on my part, but I am prepaired to eat crow if this doesn't happen
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

patistheman is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Landry would be AWESOME in purple and gold...BUT remember the last time a team took a safety at #7 (Raiders last season) and all the criticism that they took for doing so.

That being said, Landry could be our nickel back IMMEDIATELY and eventually move into the starter's job, if not THIS season, probably NEXT.
    I think the reason the Raiders were criticized so much last year was because they took a saftey when Lienhart was still available and everybody knew they needed a QB.
    Remember another saftey was taken right after Huff last year at #8 and there was very little criticism of that, if any.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I just dont like his negatives according to the scouts:

Negatives: Hits with authority, but could use additional bulk (will sometimes get stonewalled in attempts to split double teams)...Has natural hands for the interception, but will try to attack the ball a lot, resulting in some missed tackles because he prefers to play the ball instead of attack his assignment...Has good recovery skills, but will get a bit reckless and out-run the play...When he gets reckless in his play, he is prone to costly penalties (flagged six times in 2006).

iM NOT sold on LaRon Landry at all.. Imo he's not what this team needs..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

"skum" wrote:

Negatives: Hits with authority, but could use additional bulk (will sometimes get stonewalled in attempts to split double teams)...Has natural hands for the interception, but will try to attack the ball a lot, resulting in some missed tackles because he prefers to play the ball instead of attack his assignment...Has good recovery skills, but will get a bit reckless and out-run the play...When he gets reckless in his play, he is prone to costly penalties (flagged six times in 2006).

OOOOOOOO !
    You posted negative things about Laron Landry!

Now you're gonna get it from all the LL lovers from now until the moment he is drafted by another team !

:

Better lay low for a while until the heat from your remark blows over!
    :

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

OOOOOOOO !

You posted negative things about Laron Landry!

Now you're gonna get it from all the LL lovers from now until the moment he is drafted by another team !

:

Better lay low for a while until the heat from your remark blows over!

:

Every player has Negatives even soem of the negatives I have read about CJ could make it seem like he would be a horrible pick.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Seems like a good player.
    I think we have other pressing needs IMMEDIATELY however.
    WR, especially.
    Right now, I believe we're set at Safety...if that changes at the end of the year, then we can look at that position in the 2008 Draft.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

I think it all depends on if what childress said about erasmus is true or just a smoke screen.
    If he really will be limited then i could see us getting one of the DE's.
    If not, then its the bpa and landry definitely could be that player.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast