Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Re: Will the Vikes keep Burleson?

This article says that Nate is a bargain.

• WR Nate Burleson, Minnesota (compensation: third round): Has started 33 games in three seasons and posted 68 catches for 1,006 yards and nine touchdowns in 2004. Injuries limited his playing time and his production in 2005, but it's still hard to believe the Vikings, with all the cap room they possessed, didn't make him a higher qualifying offer. Could be a terrific No. 2 receiver if he stays healthy. Visited with Seattle officials last week but did not sign an offer sheet.
    Entire: espn article

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I like Burley, and I cant say I wouldnt be sad if he left. Hes a solid humble guy. It sucks cuz fans and media all over hyped him going into last year. At best IMO hes a complementry WR, like Reggie Wayne. I think Reggie Wayne would falter if they took Harrison away. Nate really didnt get a full season to work his magic due to injuries and constant changes and reworking. If we lose him I wont cry myself to sleep tho. Plus 3rd rounders are good, could possibly be used in postion to trade up for one of the top 3 qb's.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

sirweeze is offline Starter

I've always said that Burleson was in a lot of ways like the anti-Moss, as a player. Very good route runner and very solid possession receiver. He really shined when Moss went down in 2004.

The Vikings are in a win-win. Keep a solid player like Burleson, or get another first day draft pick in a deep draft.

SL__72 is offline Waterboy

I hate to say it, because he is one of my favorite players in the NFL, but it doesn't make a ton of sense to spend much money at all on Burleson. That said, I hope we keep him anyway!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

If it is less than 1.5 mill a year then we keep him for sure more than 2 Mill I think we probably let him go.

I like Burly and want him on the team! I think he can thrive in a WCO he is great after the catch and runs tight routes, which is perfect for a WCO dink and dunk offense.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"sirweeze" wrote:
    I've always said that Burleson was in a lot of ways like the anti-Moss, as a player. Very good route runner and very solid possession receiver. He really shined when Moss went down in 2004.

The Vikings are in a win-win. Keep a solid player like Burleson, or get another first day draft pick in a deep draft.
    First day is optimistic way of looking at a 4th round pick at the end of the fourth round, maybe we do get it at the beginning of the fourth????

Still a big crap shoot taking on a draft pick, when you know this player(#81) and what he can offer.

mewario is offline Starter

wouldn't we get a third round pick?

fsstangs is offline Waterboy

Id be sad to see him go because he's one of my favorites but we do have a ton of WR's and if he does get a good offer I would hope we would take our money and spend it somewhere its needed more.

twiztedfait is offline Starter

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "sirweeze" wrote:

First day is optimistic way of looking at a 4th round pick at the end of the fourth round, maybe we do get it at the beginning of the fourth????

Still a big crap shoot taking on a draft pick, when you know this player(#81) and what he can offer.
    We would get a 3rd rounder

I like Nate. He can catch a ball and runs clean routes. If he gets any offer i do not think we will match. I think he was given a low qualifying offer just to snatch a 3rd round pick in a deep draft. Either that or we could package some picks and grab one of the top 3 QB's and still have some picks to fill the holes.

IMO it was a win/win decision. We either get a cheap WR, some trading power, or lots of picks.

purplegang is offline Starter

"thanatoschristou" wrote:
    I was wondering what everyone thought about the prospect of the Vikes keeping Nate. He is going to be a great number two next to Koren. Are we going to step up to the plate?
    hey dont forget about twill. he will probaly be our our # 1 rec, or 2
    But we should deffinetly keep burley.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast