Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The will Marrdro finally get his DT pick thread

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095579
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095574
    Kinda follows what I've been saying, in that Pat will not be replaced. Looks like they're going for 4 pass rushing linemen.

They'll give up a bit against the run in order to stop the pass.
    I think the wild card is Guion. But they will continue to put the emphasis on stopping the run, especially in the base.

Guys like Ballard are nice when it comes to situational inserts at DT with respect to passing downs. He also adds a nice cat out there at LDE in the base.

JA (RDE) Kev (DT) Guion (NT/DT) Ballard (LDE) is a nasty lineup. MIx in reps from Griff and JK and one more rookie (Phat Pat type) and you have a rotation.
    Ummm from what I understand, he is not a very good pass rusher. Where is Robison in your plan?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095580
    Marrdro has no love for K-Will, Robison, JA, Edwards, Kennedy or Griffen?
    Shit I forgot about Griffen. LOL Ballard has no chance.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1095752
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095573
    Christian Ballard. Although not the 1 tech I was hoping for, he is a very intersting addition. Can line up and Play RDE, LDE, DT (5 tech) and even hold the POA at the 1/3 tech.

Kindof fits what I was saying about maybe seeing a bit more agressive defense under coach Pagac.
    LOL ok. So basically he is another Robison and I am willingly to bet he does not beat Brian out. Allen...not a chance. Hell Ray could be back.....not a chance.

On the interior.....Kevin......not a chance. Hell Pat might be back....not a chance. Guion and Kennedy are solid. I would bet he can't beat any of them out. Evans has more experience and is decent. Say all you want about him but he is a good part of this team.

There is a chance with all those guys coming back that Ballard might not even make the team. If he does which is very possible.....he would have a lot to learn to catch up.

I keep hearing tweener a lot.

lacks speed to play end and the strength needed inside
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/christian-ballard?id=2495261#tab=0
    Actually he is nothing like Robison. Rob is a RDE beefed up to play LDE. This cat, after a bit more research is actual a 3 or a 5 tech that can play all the line positions depending on the situation.

No way Rob plays the 1 tech in our base. Just no way he can do it. This guy can.

On a side note, how can you say we are OK at DT. Still mystefies me why you believe we are?

NT - Phat Pat. Who replaces him? It isn't your boy Evans. He was deactivated almost every week.

JK? Guion played better than he did. JK will be nothing but a backup, again, this year.

Guion? OK, I can go with that, but he better improve if he is going to move over and play the NT/UT at the 1. It is really what I am hoping for right now.

If and only if that all works out, what do you do for 4 games when Kevin is gone? Right now your rotation looks like this....

DT - JK/Ballard
    DT/UT - Guion/Ballard

I know you will try to say we will rotate a DE in there, which, I agree on passing downs, but you got to stop the run to get to the passing down. If you start putting a DE in at the DT or DT/UT in our base they will never get to a passing down cause all they will do will be run.

And if they do pass, we won't collapse the pocket enough to rattle the QB. All he will do is step up into the pocket to avoid the DE's being routed to the outside and pick our DB's apart.

And to answer your next point, it won't matter how good our CB's are. They won't be able to cover forever, which is what the QB's will have.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1095754
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095580
    Marrdro has no love for K-Will, Robison, JA, Edwards, Kennedy or Griffen?
    Shit I forgot about Griffen. LOL Ballard has no chance.
    Griff is a LDE. This is a DT discussion....Ohhhhh wait, I bet you think they are all interchangeable. :P

Heres your rotation including all positions:

Base 4-3 (1rst down/Running downs)

RDE JA
    DT Kev
    DT Guion
    LDE Ray/Griff (Not sure yet)

Here is your rotation in that base when one of them gets tired (when Kdubb is suspended you have no rotation)

RDE JA
    DT Ballard
    DT JK
    LDE Ray/Griff

Again, I feel a bit better about this now, I hope they still add someone in FA at the DT spot instead of bringing back Evans.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095756

I know you will try to say we will rotate a DE in there, which, I agree on passing downs, but you got to stop the run to get to the passing down. If you start putting a DE in at the DT or DT/UT in our base they will never get to a passing down cause all they will do will be run.
    Mix in a bit of:

Allen....Chad.......Henderson.....Leber

.....Ray.....Guion/JK.....Ballard

Not as a base set, but I think taking giving a few 3-4 looks could work out.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1095753
    Kinda follows what I've been saying, in that Pat will not be replaced. Looks like they're going for 4 pass rushing linemen.

I think the wild card is Guion. But they will continue to put the emphasis on stopping the run, especially in the base.

Guys like Ballard are nice when it comes to situational inserts at DT with respect to passing downs. He also adds a nice cat out there at LDE in the base.

JA (RDE) Kev (DT) Guion (NT/DT) Ballard (LDE) is a nasty lineup. MIx in reps from Griff and JK and one more rookie (Phat Pat type) and you have a rotation.
    Ummm from what I understand, he is not a very good pass rusher. Where is Robison in your plan?
    Were he has always been. In the Lance Johnstone mode of "Situational Pass Rusher".

Anyone who thinks he is gonna be a starter at LDE doesn't remember what happened to his production when he filled in for Ray at that role.

Teams put the TE over there (like they do) and ran right at him and he got swallowed up and then when passing downs came around he was non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095795

Mix in a bit of:

But you can only do that after you've stopped the run and put them in a passing situation.

Can't do that without a couple of DT's that can stop the run.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095959
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095795

Mix in a bit of:

But you can only do that after you've stopped the run and put them in a passing situation.

Can't do that without a couple of DT's that can stop the run.
    Are you saying you can't run a 3-4 on first down?

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095958

Were he has always been. In the Lance Johnstone mode of "Situational Pass Rusher".

Anyone who thinks he is gonna be a starter at LDE doesn't remember what happened to his production when he filled in for Ray at that role.

Teams put the TE over there (like they do) and ran right at him and he got swallowed up and then when passing downs came around he was non existent.
    Lance Johnstone was a beast. He was the best player on our D, for 2 or 3 snaps a game. Only true Vikings fans have Johnstone jerseys, or Wiggins for that matter.

God damn Mike Tice could run a team. Kinda makes you wanna go out on the waters of lake Minnetonka to party!

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1095965
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095958

Lance Johnstone was a beast. He was the best player on our D, for 2 or 3 snaps a game. Only true Vikings fans have Johnstone jerseys, or Wiggins for that matter.

God damn Mike Tice could run a team. Kinda makes you wanna go out on the waters of lake Minnetonka to party!
    Lance was a beast cause they used him the right way. Let someone eat up the hard running plays and then bring him in when they workers got it to 2nd/3rd and long.

On a side note, Wiggo is still playing. He is on the "Destroyers" UFL team we got here in Tidewater. Heck, if you look close, you will see a few names you recognize.

UFL Destroyers

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast