Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The will Marrdro finally get his DT pick thread

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095542
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1095486
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1095308
    Id love to get Kyle Rudolph with our 22 set WCO were seeming to stick too and help Ponder get the ball out quickly to help the Oline woes.
    Granted. Nice grab in the 2nd.
    He is a nice fit. Not disputing that, however, you could have got the same kindof TE 3 rounds later.

Good thing for us, there are still a couple of DT's that fit the bill and even though there has been a bit of a run on LBrs those that have gone are mostly 3-4 cats.

I look to see alot of picks on the D side of the ball today. If they don't and continue to address the offense, I will officially start to think Spielman is a yutz.

Starting S - Hussain = FA
    Starteing LDE - Edwards = 1 year Tender (again). We saw how he played last year like that.
    Starting Sam LB - FA
    Backup to the Sam LB - FA
    DT - Phat Pat gone, or back only in a limited role (then he will be suspened). Evans Sucks/JK just barely doesn't suck. K-dubb gonna be suspened. Pretty much leaves you a rotation of Guion at DT.

Yup, when am I gonna learn. Use a top pick on a TE when you have 3 already inked.
    lol. You're suggesting we should have taken a DT and you just rambled off 4 guys we have inked, and one who we are most likely going to try to resign.

When you put it like that I think I like our depth at DT better than TE. Sauce just isn't a pass catcher, and has been on this team since Moses was a cowboy. Dugan isn't good enough.

Shank has one year left on his contract, and was inconsistent last year, so it's not like there isn't a need at TE. Couple Rudolphs first round talent and our need, in the 2nd round, great pick.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1095172
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1095168
    Yeah. And his name will be Albert Haynesworth.
    Trade a 3rd for Hanes and McNabb
    We didn't have a 3rd. Gave it to the Pat's for Moss

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Hopefully Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Bowers already went to Tampa

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Players i like today;

Sam Acho - Undersized DE with pass rushing ability

Ahmad Black - Undersized safety, not a tonne of speed, great football player

Korey Lindsey - Playmaking corner from Southern Illinois, like the sounds of this kid

Jaquizz Rogers & Noel Devine - 2 for 1 combo, would love picking up one of these guys with a fifth or sixth. 3rd down backs/change of pace/kick return/ punt return guys. I see value with these cats.

Remember we have 7 draft picks today: our 4th, 2 5ths, 2 6ths and 2 7ths. I'm pumped. Lets go draft some talent.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095551
    FUCK! I checked awhile ago & the link said Bowers was still available in the 4th.

I think we screwed the pooch once again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095556
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095551
    FUCK! I checked awhile ago & the link said Bowers was still available in the 4th.

I think we screwed the pooch once again.
    Bowers could be an incredible player, if he can play. Thta knee is obviously a huge concern, since he is a top-ten player, dropping to the third. They're saying he might not even be able to play this year, so I'm glad we didn't reach for him in the second.

If he was still around in the fouth I would have loved to give him a shot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Christian Ballard. Although not the 1 tech I was hoping for, he is a very intersting addition. Can line up and Play RDE, LDE, DT (5 tech) and even hold the POA at the 1/3 tech.

Kindof fits what I was saying about maybe seeing a bit more agressive defense under coach Pagac.

Pass rush: Has an intriguing mix of speed and size to provide pass rush inside. Has a swim move to get over his blocker and can deliver a blow to push blockers into the backfield when they retreat. Quick enough to disrupt double-team blocks and get into the backfield. Fair changing direction in space and good closing speed on the outside, will track down most pocket passers. Misses too many tackles in the backfield because he bends at the waist instead of dropping his hips. Learning to use his hands to get off blocks but remains a work in progress in that area. Must improve identifying cut blocks but has the nimble feet to jump or step over them.

Run defense: Solid run defender capable of penetrating to stop plays and offer anchor inside despite his tall frame. Uses his length and strong hands to keep distance from blockers. Moves well while engaged, which forces backs to take inside lanes. Chases down plays, keeping his balance even when knocked backward by double-teams. Can track down ballcarriers on the outside with good straight-line speed. Inconsistent leverage, stands his ground at times to clog up the middle but also get washed out of plays. Must improve his hand play to disengage more consistently, as he gets into position to make tackles but does not attack the ball in his area. Loses the ball in the backfield while engaged.

Explosion: Explosive enough off the snap to be a pass-rush force inside using a quick first step and excellent length. Also flashes a great initial punch to stand up his man, or even push him into the backfield, but doesn't get off to make plays often enough.

Strength: Miscast when lining up on the nose or at the one-technique position but takes on the challenge and holds his ground adequately well despite his height. Can stack and shed when one-on-one inside. Pounds blocker with violent hands to get off blocks but could be more consistent. Does not have an elite anchor and needs to keep his pads low to get leverage when eating up blocks.

Tackling: Has the length, closing speed and size to wrap up defenders in space. Agile enough to get at least a piece of ballcarrier before they escape outside, but his lack of flexibility allows running backs to elude. Good chase to the outside if plays get stretched. Leaves his feet too quickly instead of driving into the midsection.

Intangibles: Team player, durable and willing to line up wherever coaches feel the defense needs him to be. Has worked hard in the weight room to add strength since arriving in Iowa City. No known character issues.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Kinda follows what I've been saying, in that Pat will not be replaced. Looks like they're going for 4 pass rushing linemen.

They'll give up a bit against the run in order to stop the pass.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1095545
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095542
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1095486
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1095308
    Id love to get Kyle Rudolph with our 22 set WCO were seeming to stick too and help Ponder get the ball out quickly to help the Oline woes.
    Granted. Nice grab in the 2nd.
    He is a nice fit. Not disputing that, however, you could have got the same kindof TE 3 rounds later.

Good thing for us, there are still a couple of DT's that fit the bill and even though there has been a bit of a run on LBrs those that have gone are mostly 3-4 cats.

I look to see alot of picks on the D side of the ball today. If they don't and continue to address the offense, I will officially start to think Spielman is a yutz.

Starting S - Hussain = FA
    Starteing LDE - Edwards = 1 year Tender (again). We saw how he played last year like that.
    Starting Sam LB - FA
    Backup to the Sam LB - FA
    DT - Phat Pat gone, or back only in a limited role (then he will be suspened). Evans Sucks/JK just barely doesn't suck. K-dubb gonna be suspened. Pretty much leaves you a rotation of Guion at DT.

Yup, when am I gonna learn. Use a top pick on a TE when you have 3 already inked.
    lol. You're suggesting we should have taken a DT and you just rambled off 4 guys we have inked, and one who we are most likely going to try to resign.

When you put it like that I think I like our depth at DT better than TE. Sauce just isn't a pass catcher, and has been on this team since Moses was a cowboy. Dugan isn't good enough.

Shank has one year left on his contract, and was inconsistent last year, so it's not like there isn't a need at TE. Couple Rudolphs first round talent and our need, in the 2nd round, great pick.
    What? I think you missed what I was saying. You need to look at the contracts of our DT's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast