Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The will Marrdro finally get his DT pick thread

Will it happen?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The will Marrdro finally get his DT pick thread

Yeah. And his name will be Albert Haynesworth.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1095168
    Yeah. And his name will be Albert Haynesworth.
    Trade a 3rd for Hanes and McNabb

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Wilkerson and Austin still there, will they be at 43?

I dont think so.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Ol Marr' should have got his DT last night, and a very good one at that.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

My good friend Mars knows how much I think these War Pigs are what makes the defense click.

I think all of you will come to realize this as you watch the Lions defense come together this year with Suh and Fairley.

Can any of you imagine what our DL would look like with a rotation that included Fairley next to K-dubb and Guion? JA and Griff would have a QB in their sights that couldn't step up into the pocket and hide my friends and our DB's wouldn't have to see perfect throws to recievers all the time as the pressure gets to that QB, he will start to make bad throws which equates to INT's in our scheme.

Ultimately, isn't it INT's and Sacks that you all crave? A dominant middle is were it all starts.

On a side note, there are still a couple of Warpigs left. I would be happy with any of these.

Paea

Pass rush: Doesn't provide much in terms of a pass rush. Is able to split gaps due to his burst off the snap, but doesn't have quick feet or agility to chase down the quarterback. Relies on his bull rush to knock interior linemen into the pocket and flush the passer into the arms of teammates. Lacks the height and arm length required in consistently altering passing lanes.

Run defense: Is quick enough to surprise his opponent with a burst through the gap, but will make his NFL millions due to the fact that he is a natural run plugger due to his short, squatty build and rare upper- and lower-body strength. Can be knocked off the ball when double-teamed, but flashes the ability to split them and is rarely pushed far before he's able to plant his legs in the ground and create a pile. Doesn't have the lateral agility and balance to beat runners to the sideline, but hustles in pursuit.

Explosion: Fires off the snap low and hard, flashing a sudden burst that surprises opponents. Burst is short-lived and only extends to his ability to go straight upfield. With his strength and bowling ball-like frame, Paea can explode into the ballcarrier if he gets a running start.

Strength: Ranks as one of the country's strongest players, reportedly boasting a 600-pound squat, 500-pound bench press and the ability to churn out 44 repetitions of 225 pounds. Is even stronger than his weight-room numbers indicate due to his natural leverage. Doesn't disengage from blockers as well as his strength would indicate due to the need to refine his hand technique and average lateral agility.

Tackling: Stays squared and low to knock down the ballcarrier near the line of scrimmage. Flashes explosive hitting ability, with a proven ability to knock the ball free. Tied the OSU record with four forced fumbles in 2009. Good upper-body strength to drag down ballcarriers as they attempt to go past him. Doesn't have the speed or change of direction to offer much in pursuit.

Intangibles: High-effort player was voted a team co-captain in 2009, in his second year in the program as a junior. Proved his toughness in 2008 by playing the final month of the regular season despite a painful bursa sac injury in his knee. Born in New Zealand, grew up in Tonga and dreamt of becoming a professional rugby player. Learned the English language after moving to the United States at age 16.
    Austin
    Pass rush: Good initial burst off the snap. Strong hands to grasp and discard the blocker and demonstrates good use of swim and rip moves to gain clearance. Good straight-line speed, agility and balance to track the quarterback. Good use of leverage and boasts a powerful leg drive for the bull rush. Cognizant of passing lanes and will get his hands up. Not always disciplined or assignment sound. Anticipates the snap count and will occasionally be drawn offside.

Run defense: Quick enough to slip through a gap and disrupt the timing of running plays. Good size and power to control his gap responsibility. Has a tendency to play too upright, negating his own power. Strong, active hands to disengage from the block as the ballcarrier nears. Reacts quickly to the attempted cut block, sprawling and re-gaining his balance quickly by pushing off cutting offensive lineman. Good hustle laterally and downfield. Good vision and footwork to keep his feet while making his way to the ballcarrier.

Explosion: Good initial burst off the snap. Flashes a quick first step, vertically and laterally, to penetrate gaps and destroy the play. Good upper-body strength to shock his opponent and knock him back. Likes to make the flashy hit. Will gather for the big hit on an unsuspecting ballcarrier.

Strength: Good upper- and lower-body strength to hold up at the point of attack. Has an explosive shove to knock pass blockers aside on his way to the quarterback. Lacks the bulk and power to split double-teams as a true nose guard, but can hold up long enough to create a pile. Good strength for the drag-down tackle.

Tackling: Surprising balance and lateral agility to break down in tight quarters and make the open-field tackle against small and quick athletes. Good strength to pull down ballcarriers while being occupied by blockers. Good hustle laterally and downfield. Willing to leave his feet and lunge at ballcarriers, resulting in some big hits (as well as some wild misses).

Intangibles: Suspended for the entire 2010 season after an NCAA investigation found that he'd accepted gifts from an agent. Characterized by those close to the team as "talented, but selfish." Highly touted prep prospect that was rated the No. 1 at his position and top 10 overall by most recruiting experts.
    Wilkerson
    Pass rush: Overwhelms college tackles with size and strength, then chases down quarterbacks with his length and nimble feet. Lacks a quick first step, but flashes a swim move and closing speed to the passer. Feels cut blocks, keeps his hands involved and watches for the quick throw in his direction. Must improve his hand usage to consistently get off blocks inside. Eats up multiple blockers on inside twists to free up other defensive linemen. Effective bull-rushing college tackles when coming from outside the tackle, but rarely pushes back interior linemen. Not sudden or flexible enough to get the corner.

Run defense: Agile five-technique who lines up on either side of the formation. Patient and keeps his eyes in the backfield to contain; very solid in his outside assignment. Comes off outside path or double teams inside to spin/shed, catching back running through the hole. Uses shoulder to hold off blockers while slanting into the backfield. Not exceptional change-of-direction agility but his length allows him to get a hand on ballcarriers trying to get through the hole. Not a dominating interior player despite his size. NFL blockers will win the leverage battle until he gets stronger and more physical inside.

Explosion: Has the potential to be very explosive off the snap, but comes off a bit slow and must use his strength to pop into the chest of blockers. Can utilize his strength and length to hit hard and squeeze the football from a ballcarrier.

Strength: Flashes strong hands, playing with leverage, and the ability to push off linemen to make tackles. Gets stood up at the line too often instead of bull-rushing his man backward or pushing his way through the double-team.

Tackling: Tall, thick frame and long arms make him difficult to avoid in tight quarters and to shed once latched on. Gets a lot of tackles with hustle, keeps his feet moving when chasing from behind. Lacks superior straight-line speed but gives excellent effort to the sideline. Must drop his hips to bring down more elusive pro ballcarriers.

Intangibles: Plays a lot of snaps given his size but gives good effort throughout the game. Attended Hargrave Military Academy. Temple's defensive MVP in 2010. No known character issues.
    Kenrick Ellis (Homer Pick sure, but a monster.)
    Pass rush: Might not put up huge sack numbers as quarterbacks will be aware of his presence inside. Shows good quickness off the ball in obvious passing situations. Can bull rush when single-blocked by extending his arms or swim over defenders reaching to engage him using quick hands. Uses long arms and big hands to cloud passing lanes but hasn't actually tipped many passes (one in his first two seasons at Hampton). Keeps his eyes in the backfield while engaged by a blocker. Will go to the sideline to chase scrambling quarterbacks or get off blocks to follow screens. Wants to play finesse game, as if he's a light and agile tackle, trying to spin or run around blockers, instead of overpowering and destroying blockers. Runs by mobile or pocket-savvy quarterbacks on his initial burst but does show hustle on secondary rush.

Run defense: Looks like a run-stuffer and can play the part, but surprises with his agility and foot quickness. Agile enough to move with blockers on zone plays; can disengage to prevent cutback lanes. Holds up double teams to eat space but can also penetrate into the backfield. Can push back two defenders when keeping his hips low and churning his feet. Good hustle for his size, especially when rested as part of a regular rotation. Chases down plays to the sideline, as well as from behind even if they go 15-20 yards downfield when rested (even in the fourth quarter); he is not credited with many stops in those situations, but is in position if his teammates can't stop the ball. Spins off double-teams to grab ballcarriers coming through the hole or funnel toward linebackers. Has nimble feet to jump over fallen blockers but is susceptible to the cut block because of his height. Has difficulty regaining his balance. Runs past ballcarriers because he fails to break down quickly.

Explosion: Excellent upper-body build and girth. Has potential to show great strength off the snap to uncoil and uproot blockers. Not just a mammoth run-stopper, he lines up at the one- and three-technique positions to be explosive as a pass rusher. Average NFL first step, but it's quick enough to pressure the pocket when focused on getting to the quarterback.

Strength: Man among boys at the FCS level due to his size and strength. Anchors against double-team, not moved backward easily. Rips off single blocks with strong hands and downward motion, though he will stand around when he tires. Holds off linemen with one shoulder when slanting and is able to spin in the opposite direction to make tackles. Will have more difficulty maintaining leverage against NFL interior linemen unless he sinks his hips to hold his ground consistently.

Tackling: Swallows running backs in the hole with great mass and length. Pure size and strength make him an explosive tackler that ballcarriers don't want to feel hit them. Good change-of-direction agility with quick feet, but struggles to stay low and break down in space. Has some upfield burst. Can work against him in that he cannot stop his forward momentum when rushing up the field.

Intangibles: Dismissal from South Carolina for multiple rules violations is a major red flag, and his one-game suspension in 2010 also added to those worries. On-field effort is not an issue
    All scouting reports from our good friends at CBS Sports
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Yes, we'll get a DT, but not the one he wants. This causes Marty to go into fits of rage, claiming the FO 'pukes' don't know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095294
    Yes, we'll get a DT, but not the one he wants. This causes Marty to go into fits of rage, claiming the FO 'pukes' don't know what they're doing.
    LOL, I won't take missing on a DT.

That whole Dalton comment last night just flat out pissed me off. What the hell was Ricky Boy thinking?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Well Wilkerson is gone.

I think he's gonna be an excellent 3-4 DE.

I played against him in HS. He played TE and was an excellent, big athlete, and a solid DE, but not that great.

He got a lot better as a collegiate athlete.

I'd be satisfied with Austin or Paea, but if Kyle Rudolph is on the board I don't think he'll get past us.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1095297
    Well Wilkerson is gone.

I think he's gonna be an excellent 3-4 DE.

I played against him in HS. He played TE and was an excellent, big athlete, and a solid DE, but not that great.

He got a lot better as a collegiate athlete.

I'd be satisfied with Austin or Paea, but if Kyle Rudolph is on the board I don't think he'll get past us.
    How in the hell did I miss that?

(Marrdro can be seen reviewing his whole big board for other beast induced mistakes.)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast