Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Will knock you out!

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    wow one good hit lets draft him
    LMAO :lol: After seeing one play of his you wanna draft him. haha
    yeah right you know im joking i wouldn't draft this guy based on a hit thats insane. you know im making fun of the people who say lets draft this guy cause of one hit.

hmm never know though if he would make a good back up or an enforcer across the middle he might be worth a 4th round pick. if he could hit like that all the time, if we did grab him which i doubt we will it would be cool to see him knock out some packers receivers or break charles rogers collar bone again?

personally from rounds 2-7 i want to see us grab a quarterback, cornerback, safety, linebacker, defensive end, guard, and tackle. i would change this depending on what we grab with our first pick but i think we need better backups especially a better cornerback for a back up. i just hate to see a good player go down then have a crappy guy fill in his spot. plus johnstone isn't going to be around forever and it wouldn't hurt to have a nice backup for udeze's spot.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Wow! collegeguyjeff made one good post (I don't know where it is, but it must be somewhere in here) so let's make him a moderator of this website!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

always hating, well i admit i like to stir up controvercies and stuff like that but gimme a break. a lot of my posts i am joking around and people take it to heard and twist things i say around on me. but anyways how many times did you see a good player get hurt last year and there was NOBODY decent to take their spot?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    always hating, well i admit i like to stir up controvercies and stuff like that but gimme a break. a lot of my posts i am joking around and people take it to heard and twist things i say around on me. but anyways how many times did you see a good player get hurt last year and there was NOBODY decent to take their spot?
    That happened a lot on the franchise i'm doing in madden right now with a few friends. Both my LT and RT were injured...both pro bowl studs too, i had pretty much nothing to back them up either...so my previous 14-2 year was followed up with a 8-7-1. Absolutely ridiculous, we had superbowl hopes to begin the year too...my fans expectations were severely let down. Now they're pissed.
    ;-)

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

And a follow up to that:

My buddy who's also in the franchise with me chose to play as the packers. He immediately moved them to LA and now they're the LA Fudge Packers. lol
    ;-)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    Joking around posts are usually followed by this: :lol:
    Or this: LOL!!!
    Or this: J/k

Your posts have none of the above "markers" that let fellow posters know that you are just messing with them. I'm not hating on you per se, just letting you know that I don't appreciate some of the lame comments that you make that have NO basis in fact...that have as their sole support your word that it is true. If you want us to take you seriously, you need to support your opinions with some sort of logic...otherwise you are just talking out of your A$$...and we will call you on it!

I like to clown around more than almost anyone here, but I don't go around slamming other members' posts unless they make no sense. What you did in dissing a few of the other members' mock drafts is inexcusable...those guys put alot of thought and effort into their mock drafts...and they posted them here mainly to stimulate conversation on the upcoming draft so that we could all exchange ideas...the MAIN reason for being on a message board in the first place. I, for one, greatly appreciate all of their hard work...hard research and analysis that I surely am not motivated to do...all because they are truly interested in the science of the NFL draft. I appreciate it mostly because I get to read it and pick and choose what I like and don't like and say what I would change. If you don't appreciate it, then don't say anything...just skip the thread...it's like TV, if you don't like the show, change the channel!

I am sure that I speak for everyone here in saying that you are more than welcome here...but not if you are gonna trash other respected members' work...because if I have to choose, I will always side with those who add to the site and not with those who only complain about what they don't like...the choice is yours.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

collegeguyjeff i could care less about the 9 different questions in your response. the point here is that if you do not like the thread then don't open it or respond to it.

the draft is exciting, i'm sorry you do not share the enthusiasm that most of us feel when watching prospect videos. plus nobody here stated we have to or will draft the guy so you sarcasm "one big hit lets draft the guy" is unnecessary.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I would take slay in a heart beat no questions asked, i love guys that can hit and freak'n cause a fumble. He cause 8 fumbles last year folks, SEVEN! This guy is mack truck just like Blue without the 4.45 speed. I just want a real SS for christmas... i mean the draft.
    ???

I would LOVE to have this guy!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Could he be converted to a linebacker or is he to slow for that as well?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Dwayne Slay

Class: Senior

Hometown: Brunswick, Ga.

High School: Brunswick

Last College: Reedley College

Height / Weight: 6-3 / 214

Position: Safety

Birthdate: 06/21/1984

Experience: 1L

Major: Human Development and Family Studies

2005 - First-Team All-America (SI.com) ... first first-team AA since Montae Reagor in 1998 ... Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year by several media outlets ... Big 12 Conference First Team selection ... holds Tech and Big 12 record with eight forced fumbles on the season ... averaged 12.5 tackles per game over the final four during the regular season ... fourth-straight game with double-digit tackles with 12 in the win over Oklahoma ... 10 tackles against Oklahoma State ... another solid outing for Slay against Texas A&M ... finished the game with 10 tackles ... also had an interception return for 26 yards and a forced fumble ... both led to Tech touchdowns ... forced eighth fumble of the season, breaking the Big 12 mark set by UT's Derrick Johnson last year ... Walter Camp Football Foundation National Defensive Player of the Week (Oct. 30) ... also named SBC Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Week (Oct. 31) ... instrumental in Tech's shutout of Baylor with career-high 18 tackles, including 12 solo ... also posted first-career sack ... leads team in tackles and forced fumbles ... had four solo tackles at Texas ... led Tech with 10 tackles and two forced fumbles against Kansas State ... forced fumbles came on two bone-jarring hits ... career-high 12 tackles and a forced fumble in win over Nebraska ... posted a career-high nine tackles in the win over Kansas ... also forced a fumble and had a tackle for loss ... had four tackles in win over Indiana State ... led the team with six tackles against Sam Houston State ... forced second fumble of the year on a bone-jarring hit to SHSU running back ... also had a pass breakup against the Bearkats ... started first game at free safety against Florida International ... made six solo tackles ... forced an FIU fumble at the Tech three-yard line to thwart Panther scoring opportunity ... projected by coaches to have a big season.

2004 - Played in 11 games ... became a dominating presence in the secondary as the season progressed ... finished the bowl game with a tackle ... posted two stops in win over Oklahoma State ... tied a season high with four tackles against Baylor ... two tackles at Kansas State in the win ... grabbed second interception of the season against Nebraska and returned it 33 yards to set up a Tech score ... had three stops at Oklahoma ... made first pick of the season in the win at Kansas ... snagged KU pass with 17 seconds remaining in the game to help Tech secure 31-30 win ... also had four tackles ... two tackles in win over TCU ... made three tackles at New Mexico and opened the season with a stop at SMU.

Junior College - Reedley College in Reedley, Calif. ... Three-star Recruit (TheInsiders.com) ... National Top 300 (Max Emfinger Recruiting) ... No. 4 JUCO defensive back in the nation (JCFootball.com) ... All-California JUCO Region II ... JUCO Football Network All-USA Ironman Honorable Mention ... 2003 All-Valley Conference ... helped Reedley to 21-2 record over last two seasons, including a 12-0 run and a national championship in 2002 ... helped Reedley rank sixth among 72 California junior colleges in total defense at a stingy 236 yards per game ... started every game in two years at Reedley ... also recruited by South Carolina, Kansas State, Oregon and Kentucky ... Junior College Coach: Michael White.

High School - Brunswick High School in Brunswick, Ga. ... helped lead BHS to 14-1 record and state runner-up finish in 2000 ... recorded 102 tackles and five interceptions en route to all-conference season ... also team MVP in basketball ... back-to-back all-district selection in football.

Personal - Dwayne Slay ... born June 21, 1984 ... son of Verna Slay and Michael A. Slay, Jr. ... has six brothers and sisters ... brother, Darel, was a backup defensive end at South Carolina in 2003 ... loves Chinese food.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast