Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will knock you out!

Yeah if you go back to the orginal thread we posted vids i picked up on this one real quick but this guy is considered slow and no good in coverage just like GREG BLUE who i love. I think you guys neeed to see some greg blue video. I'm not knocking slay but with blues tremendous athleticsim he has far more upside then slay.

I would take slay in a heart beat no questions asked, i love guys that can hit and freak'n cause a fumble. He cause 8 fumbles last year folks, SEVEN! This guy is mack truck just like Blue without the 4.45 speed. I just want a real SS for christmas... i mean the draft.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Not many things are better than seeing a k-stater getting knocked out.

[color=red]

Dwayne Slay
    Position: Safety
    School: Texas Tech

Height: 6-3

Weight: 214

40-Yard Dash: 4.80 (est)

Positives:
    One thing is for sure: whoever gets Dwayne Slay is getting a quarterback killer. He is a hard-hitting safety and a great tackler who plays more like a linebacker. He has great size for a free safety – the type of size (6-3, 214) that NFL GMs drool over. The best thing you can say about Slay is that he makes plays. In 2005, he posted a Texas Tech record eight forced fumbles to go along with his 101 tackles.

Negatives:
    Slay’s coverage skills are largely unproven at the college level, and it shows in his career interception number of one. He is a bit slow for an NFL free safety and may have trouble keeping up with the speedsters he’ll have to stay on top of as a result. There are also serious questions about his experience, as he has only started for one season in college.

Big plays and big hits are his forte, but sometimes Slay ends up missing sure tackles while going for broke. If that continues, he’ll find himself looking for playing time in the NFL.

Overview:
    Slay is the type of player NFL defensive coordinators love. He makes game-changing plays and delivers the kind of hits that make offensive players think twice about going over the middle. That said, his lack of speed and proven coverage skills are hurting his draft stock for the time being. Slay looks to be a third or fourth rounder pending his performance at the NFL combine. Expect a good showing, and watch as his stock rises.

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/dwayneslay.htm

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

That was one HELL of a hit - reminds me of Ronnie Lott, the way he used to hit...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

wow one good hit lets draft him
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    LMAO :lol: After seeing one play of his you wanna draft him. haha

He's being an a jackass, he doesn't like "Highlight Videos" cause they only show highlights, no low lights.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    your right...just one good hit. he never knocked anyone else out in his college career, never. i bet you know everything about the guy. wait second that...your collegeguyjeff you simply know everything.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

and if this jerk doesn't like highlight videos why is he here or at the least replying to the thread?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    your right...just one good hit. he never knocked anyone else out in his college career, never. i bet you know everything about the guy. wait second that...your collegeguyjeff you simply know everything.
    nope i don't know everything and neither do you; i see people get so excited over one little thing all the time on here and it gets old. oh he had one good hit does that mean he hits like that all the time? does that mean he can get to the quarterback? can he defend the run? he's supposed to be what a 3rd round pick? he has one big hit and people say oh we need this guy. thats like people see other players make a nice catch or a nice run for a touch down and then they say oh lets draft this guy. theres just so much more than a nice play here or there to make a good football player. anyone disagree? anyone think we should draft this guy because of one nice hit?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast