Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tclawmen is offline Starter

which will be the key for success in 2008

I for one believe the strength of our team is in our youth. Jackson is not going to make anyone forget T. Brady and this may not be a popular position but, he improved significantly this year and should be able to manage the game and lead this team next year. The moves or lack there of by the front office will decide how successful we will be next year. Of the choices listed, what is your #1 priority for 2008.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: which will be the key for success in 2008

its a toss up between the WR and DE so i choose WR just because i want chad johnson on the team!

Thanks josdin00

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Why trade? Teams that want to mopve a player usually get lowballed or they just release them because why would a team trade high for something that they could get for cheap later.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

The question is phrased to exclusively look at 2008, so a new QB is clearly the best answer.
    The passing game was hands down the weak spot this season, and nobody has more of an effect on throwing the ball than the guy who throws it.
    I think with McNabb, this is an 10-12 win team easily.
    But that is just for next season.
    Looking longterm, QB might not be our biggest need, but short term, that is where improvement must be made.

Trkn10 is offline Training Camp

IMO you cut the weakest links:
    This will seem simplistic but best I could come-up with after that garbage of a game today

1) TWill - a trainwreck and failed experiment for 2 years.
    Although I think this guy has shown a sliver of progression over last year his inconsistency gives opponents the confidence to throttle back and take their chances on loose coverage.
    After that drop I'd have blown a time out, walked on to the field and dragged him off by his cage and thrown his a** into the locker room (for life).
    Send the message to these overpaid primadonnas that play like that will get you axed!
    If he's so good at knocking balls down make him a safety, he's got good speed.

2) Coaching staff (excluding Chilbert) - How many games do you have to endure to see a stacked box should be a free pass to tear the secondary apart, or at least throw one or two into it right away to keep 'em honest? Duh?
    We keep pounding the rock up the gut and make AD and CT look like schleps when TJack should be kickin' some play actions or deep balls from the first play from scrimage (remember the Giant's game?)

3) Get rid of Ryan Cook!
    Enough said on him, he blows!
    He's the weakest link on the right side and has cost us more big plays than Ron Yary!

4)
    Birk could still be a stud.
    Surround him with a group of guys that want to level the D-lines and he'll punch holes.

5)
    Cut all of these reefer smokin' drag a**es.
    Do you hear of any of this BS on the Patriots??
    No, they are professionals, they don't cause distractions, they don't celebrate a sack when they're 14 points down.
    They take care of business, they focus and they get the job done!
    They are a team of natural born killers.

6)
    Intensity and killer instinct!
    I watch every game each week, most simultaneously and more often than not the Vikings are the least intense of any.
    Yeahh, the defense has its moments, but just when we get our hands on their throats we let 'em gasp.
    That gasp almost killed us (e.g. Chicago mid-season).
    The coaching staff has to go back to all the tapes from'98 to see how we destroyed the opponents and never gave them a chance to get back in the game.
    Is part of it a lack of the player leadership we had on O (Carter) and D (Randle) back then????
    Can we point to any real a**-kickin leaders on this team??

7) Peterson, Peterson!!!!
    Get him involved in all roles, including pass blocking and long-ball catching.
    I know, no big secret there.
    Stretch the field.

8) I'd give these guys a 1-month break and have their jiggy butts back on the practice field Feb 1st.
    No excuse for crap like this next year!

OK, that's my few too many beers rambling.

Have a great New Year!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

disagree on Cook I think his future is at C. It is hard making the transition from Center to tackle. I really think he could be a solid Center for us after Birk is gone. The only reason he is playing Tackle is becauise of his size.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"Trkn10" wrote:
    IMO you cut the weakest links:
    This will seem simplistic but best I could come-up with after that garbage of a game today

1) TWill - a trainwreck and failed experiment for 2 years.
    Although I think this guy has shown a sliver of progression over last year his inconsistency gives opponents the confidence to throttle back and take their chances on loose coverage.
    After that drop I'd have blown a time out, walked on to the field and dragged him off by his cage and thrown his a** into the locker room (for life).
    Send the message to these overpaid primadonnas that play like that will get you axed!
    If he's so good at knocking balls down make him a safety, he's got good speed.

2) Coaching staff (excluding Chilbert) - How many games do you have to endure to see a stacked box should be a free pass to tear the secondary apart, or at least throw one or two into it right away to keep 'em honest? Duh?
    We keep pounding the rock up the gut and make AD and CT look like schleps when TJack should be kickin' some play actions or deep balls from the first play from scrimage (remember the Giant's game?)

3) Get rid of Ryan Cook!
    Enough said on him, he blows!
    He's the weakest link on the right side and has cost us more big plays than Ron Yary!

4)
    Birk could still be a stud.
    Surround him with a group of guys that want to level the D-lines and he'll punch holes.

5)
    Cut all of these reefer smokin' drag a**es.
    Do you hear of any of this BS on the Patriots??
    No, they are professionals, they don't cause distractions, they don't celebrate a sack when they're 14 points down.
    They take care of business, they focus and they get the job done!
    They are a team of natural born killers.

6)
    Intensity and killer instinct!
    I watch every game each week, most simultaneously and more often than not the Vikings are the least intense of any.
    Yeahh, the defense has its moments, but just when we get our hands on their throats we let 'em gasp.
    That gasp almost killed us (e.g. Chicago mid-season).
    The coaching staff has to go back to all the tapes from'98 to see how we destroyed the opponents and never gave them a chance to get back in the game.
    Is part of it a lack of the player leadership we had on O (Carter) and D (Randle) back then????
    Can we point to any real a**-kickin leaders on this team??

7) Peterson, Peterson!!!!
    Get him involved in all roles, including pass blocking and long-ball catching.
    I know, no big secret there.
    Stretch the field.

8) I'd give these guys a 1-month break and have their jiggy butts back on the practice field Feb 1st.
    No excuse for crap like this next year!

OK, that's my few too many beers rambling.

Have a great New Year!
    The Patriots are nor professionals.
    Those linebackers celebrate almost as much as Nick Barnett used to.
    For being such veteran guys, I am constantly amazed at how childish they ask.
    I do not like Teddi Bruschi or Junior Seau at all.

And weed has become laced into American culture.
    It is a permanant fixture that I think we should just legalize, tax, regulate, and be done with.
    I'm not going to do it, but I think if America wants to puff puff pass it's way to a better highway system, or better schools I say go for it.
    (I'm straight edge btw)

Wow, how off topic did that get?

davike is offline Team Alumni

Somehow improve the passing game. If we do that we should see a complete KAO. And I think we have a good group of pass rushers if they could only either stay healthy or keep off the dope. Plus our D coordinator will have a years experience running the whole D under his belt. I think we should have an improved D next year without making any significant changes.

And since I think that Jackson will probably and should be starting next year, we need to get him weapons. He needs a solid #1 WR, I don't care how he gets it. Bringing in a better veteran back up would be nice though.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

We need pass rush. Get a new End

Also a #1 WR would be nice

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I said WR, but DE is just as important.
    Those are no doubt the biggest keys to success next season.
    As far a QB, we need an insurance policy, but the TJack experiment should not be over, he just needs to work his ass off and come out slingin' next season.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast