Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

"Mr" wrote:
    I do not see us addressing offensive line in the draft. We can pick up one of a few very good tackles to put on the right side, and move Marcus Johnson back to guard, the position we drafted him to play.

I'm 100% for taking Calvin Johnson if he drops, which is not out of the question, but really depends on those Tampa Bay Bastards.

If he doesn't drop I would probably trade down, maybe get another 2nd rounder, or a player. A lot of you are saying to take Peterson if he's there, but I don't think that's the best idea, he couldn't stay healthy in college, so most likely will not stay healthy in the NFL.
    The same questions I have about Chester Taylor.

If we were to take a RB in this draft I would definitely want Marshawn Lynch. He's a little smaller and pretty much just as fast as Peterson, but I think he will end up a better back. He's great at breaking tackles and very very good in the open field. I don't know what it is, but he has a special quality about him, I think he's going to be great.

We really need a guy to make plays for us. In 2006 we had absolutely no big play threat, at all. And this allowed teams to stack the box and beat the pooh out of Chester, which also meant he had to carry the ball a lot more times to be effective.
    Put a guy like Calvin Johnson, or a guy we used to have, on the outside at take a man out of the box, and give us a serious shot at scoring in one shot will improve this offense immediately; however, it doesn't matter how many talented players we put on this team if we have someone calling the same terrible plays every week.

1)Draft Calvin, or Marshawn Lynch.... if Marshawn, take Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, or Sidney Rice in the second, one of them will be there.

2)Pick up Leonard Davis or Max Starks to play RT and move Marcus Johnson to RG, that will really solidify our line.

3)Hire/ Promote someone for defensive coordinator, it sucks Tomlin is gone.

4)And for god's sake hire someone to call the plays, I don't care if we basically stick to Childress' system, just as long as he's not sending the plays in to Tarvaris.

How you can make a case for Marshawn over Peterson I have no idea but to your other points to trade down there has to be somebody that another team says we must move up for and almost anybody like that we should take ourselves who do you think will be available that others teams will want to move up for? Also for your other statements....

1) It is very likely that all of those WRs could be gone before we pick more likely that Gonzales of Ohio St. will be available

2) If you knew anything about Leonard Davis you would not want him he is the second coming of Todd Steussie he has been called for false starts 21 times the last two seasons not to mention why would a LT come here to play RT or why would our front office pay LT money to a RT? As for Starks he is a RFA if he is good a first round tender will be on him and we won't pursue him otherwise he probably isn't much of an improvement over what we have.

3) Yes we do we may promote somebody up but the lack of action makes me wonder if there is somebody on either the Bears or the Colts that we want to talk to thus the waiting.

4) Give it up either Childress will keep calling the plays or he will hand the duties over to Bevel and he will call them we will NOT bring in anybody new.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i was thinkin the same as fuadfan. I htink there is some1 we are waiting for in the colts bears..

if we take the bears DC wouldn't it have to be a kinda promotion? A.HC - DC?

and the colts D this year hasn't been something stopping. it was kinda like our big O !%!#$ D years.

this will have an impact as well, what if a new DC comes in and says.. i need this guy, i'm sure it will have some effect.

this is the second draft of the Bchill era, i'm hopin to come out of it with similar if not better results then last years rookie draft.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Even if he was there at 7 Childress would probably convince the "triangle of authority" to draft some obsolete reach that won't help the team....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I do not see us addressing offensive line in the draft. We can pick up one of a few very good tackles to put on the right side, and move Marcus Johnson back to guard, the position we drafted him to play.

I'm 100% for taking Calvin Johnson if he drops, which is not out of the question, but really depends on those Tampa Bay Bastards.

If he doesn't drop I would probably trade down, maybe get another 2nd rounder, or a player. A lot of you are saying to take Peterson if he's there, but I don't think that's the best idea, he couldn't stay healthy in college, so most likely will not stay healthy in the NFL.
    The same questions I have about Chester Taylor.

If we were to take a RB in this draft I would definitely want Marshawn Lynch. He's a little smaller and pretty much just as fast as Peterson, but I think he will end up a better back. He's great at breaking tackles and very very good in the open field. I don't know what it is, but he has a special quality about him, I think he's going to be great.

We really need a guy to make plays for us. In 2006 we had absolutely no big play threat, at all. And this allowed teams to stack the box and beat the pooh out of Chester, which also meant he had to carry the ball a lot more times to be effective.
    Put a guy like Calvin Johnson, or a guy we used to have, on the outside at take a man out of the box, and give us a serious shot at scoring in one shot will improve this offense immediately; however, it doesn't matter how many talented players we put on this team if we have someone calling the same terrible plays every week.

1)Draft Calvin, or Marshawn Lynch.... if Marshawn, take Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, or Sidney Rice in the second, one of them will be there.

2)Pick up Leonard Davis or Max Starks to play RT and move Marcus Johnson to RG, that will really solidify our line.

3)Hire/ Promote someone for defensive coordinator, it sucks Tomlin is gone.

4)And for god's sake hire someone to call the plays, I don't care if we basically stick to Childress' system, just as long as he's not sending the plays in to Tarvaris.

How you can make a case for Marshawn over Peterson I have no idea but to your other points to trade down there has to be somebody that another team says we must move up for and almost anybody like that we should take ourselves who do you think will be available that others teams will want to move up for? Also for your other statements....

1) It is very likely that all of those WRs could be gone before we pick more likely that Gonzales of Ohio St. will be available

2) If you knew anything about Leonard Davis you would not want him he is the second coming of Todd Steussie he has been called for false starts 21 times the last two seasons not to mention why would a LT come here to play RT or why would our front office pay LT money to a RT? As for Starks he is a RFA if he is good a first round tender will be on him and we won't pursue him otherwise he probably isn't much of an improvement over what we have.

3) Yes we do we may promote somebody up but the lack of action makes me wonder if there is somebody on either the Bears or the Colts that we want to talk to thus the waiting.

4) Give it up either Childress will keep calling the plays or he will hand the duties over to Bevel and he will call them we will NOT bring in anybody new.
    I can make a case for Marshawn Lynch over Peterson because: A) Peterson has only played one full season. B) Lynch is a lower runner, and more elusive, who hits the hole harder than Peterson. C) He's a better receiver. D) He doesn't play behind a big Oklahoma offensive line.

1) I believe one of the receivers I listed will be there. I'll be shocked if that many WRs go in the first round.

2) If you knew anything about Leonard Davis, you'd know that he played guard for his first three years with Arizona, and would probably be willing to just swap sides. And I'm sure many linemen would love to play for what they could make the best offensive line in the NFL. Zygi and crew have shown money is not an issue on the offensive line. Where did you get that penalty stat from? As far as Starks goes, I doubt the Steelers could get a first round pick for him as compensation, that's just ridiculous.

3) Nothing more I could say.

4) I don't think we can completely rule out bringing in anyone new. Maybe someone who has called plays in the WCO before on the college level, or even in the NFL, but we need someone who is not Childress. And to be honest with you, the only reason I think Bevell is here is because Childress coached him at Wisconsin.

And sorry to be a grammar nazi, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate punctuation other than question marks and periods. It just makes it really tough to read.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/16565869.htm

LYNCH ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

California running back Marshawn Lynch, who is widely regarded as one of the top prospects in the 2007 draft, reportedly has been accused of sexual assault and domestic violence.

In a criminal complaint filed on December 19, 2006, a woman claims tha Lynch "choked, slapped and sexually assaulted her" on December 13 in Oakland.

Radio station KCBS first reported the complaint, and a full story appears in the Contra Costa Times.

Lynch admits that he was with the woman on the night in question, but denies any criminal wrongdoing.
    On Friday, a judge awarded the woman a restraining order against Lynch.

At this point, the impact on Lynch's draft stock is unknown.
    (As several readers have suggested, Lynch suddenly has become very attractive to the Bengals.)
    And it's way too early to tell whether Lynch will do time.

In 2006, Lynch rushed for 1,356 yards on 223 carries for a 6.1 average gain per carry.
    For his career, he averaged 6.6 yards per attempt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forget I ever said anything about getting him.

Even if he were the next Bo Jackson, Childress wouldn't take him with that blemish on his resumé .

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Why even bother predicting.
    This time last year NOBODY thought there was a chance bush or leinart would be picked where they were.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I stuck in a like to the Vikings update as well as a quote of one of the insider articles.

Options Plentiful with Draft’s Seventh Pick
    http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=613608

The Vikings were showing interest in a Senior Bowl tight end last week, but he brings with him interesting questions about his production last season.

The return of the West Coast offense to the Minnesota Vikings was thought to mean even more production for tight end Jermaine Wiggins. At least, that’s what many observers figured.

That never panned out, as the team failed to get a deep-threat tight end like Owen Daniels in the 2006 NFL Draft and suffered through last season with decreased production from their top two tight ends – Wiggins and Jim Kleinsasser. Each of those two had significantly fewer receptions in the 2006 season than he did in the 2005 season, as Wiggins finished with 46 catches for 386 yards and Kleinsasser was nearly non-existent in the passing game with seven receptions for 47 yards.

Enter the 2007 offseason, where the Vikings have been looking at young talent with street free agents and college prospects set to enter the draft. And that’s where tight end Ben Patrick caught the Vikings’ attention last week at the Senior Bowl practices in Mobile, Ala.

Patrick was a late fill-in for Rutgers tight end Clark Harris, who left after two days of struggling with turf toe. Patrick began practicing Wednesday, and the Vikings were spotted talking with the tight end after his first practice, a session that yielded this analysis from Scout.com analysts on the scene: “(Patrick) looked effective catching the ball all day. Fell asleep at one point and waited for the ball to get to him instead going to get it and the pass was picked off. Showed decent route-running skills as well,” the Wednesday report read.

Overall, Scout.com’s analysts described his short time practicing with the North squad like this: “Distinguished himself as a very good pass catcher and solid position blocker.”

The former Delaware tight end didn’t catch a pass in Saturday’s game, but he had one ball thrown his way on a deep out route, a pass let go by a quarterback under pressure. He caught two passes in the East-West Shrine game.

Patrick’s one season with the Blue Hens was much more productive.

After averaging 31 catches in his sophomore and junior seasons at Duke, Patrick exploded for an impressive senior season after transferring to Delaware. He caught 64 passes for 639 yards (a 10-yard average) and six touchdowns.

He became Delaware’s first consensus All-American player since 1998 and was the first Deleware tight end to earn All-Atlantic 10 Conference honors in school history.

The question that NFL scouts will have to answer now is if Patrick’s senior-season production can be replicated in the NFL or if his success was due

UNQUOTE
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Why even bother predicting.
    This time last year NOBODY thought there was a chance bush or leinart would be picked where they were.
    Because making draft predictions, even if we are wrong, is one of the best parts of the offseason!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567