Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68
  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    When you really look at it, it doesn't matter what other teams do, as much as what we do.. If we trade for a proven WR, or pick up one or two in FA, we won't be looking at WR in the 1st rd of the draft anyways..

    If that happens, we either go with OL, or DL.. With Erasmus James coming back next season, I believe they will look seriously at the OL with our #7 pick.. This of course depends on what we do in FA, or trades...
    I don't think there will be an OL player with value for a #7 pick because I expect Joe Thomas to go before that (most likely to Detroit).

    I think they could pick for bpa. So if they don't want WR in the 1st round they'll try to trade down, or just pick a player with value for a #7 pick.

    How about Adrian Peterson. I would like him along side Taylor.
    Blalock is moving up many mock draft boards...so we could possibly take him at #7 (although I would prefer to go with Peterson if he's still there).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    Williamson82 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    calvin johnson has zero chance of falling to #7.
    I really want Gaines Adams anyway, but if he goes I'd be ok with jarrett.
    Peterson would not be a good selection IMO.
    I know he's a can't miss pro, but we have far bigger needs.

  3. #23
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    "Williamson82" wrote:
    calvin johnson has zero chance of falling to #7...
    Those odds don't seem very good.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #24
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    When you really look at it, it doesn't matter what other teams do, as much as what we do.. If we trade for a proven WR, or pick up one or two in FA, we won't be looking at WR in the 1st rd of the draft anyways..

    If that happens, we either go with OL, or DL.. With Erasmus James coming back next season, I believe they will look seriously at the OL with our #7 pick.. This of course depends on what we do in FA, or trades...
    I don't think there will be an OL player with value for a #7 pick because I expect Joe Thomas to go before that (most likely to Detroit).

    I think they could pick for bpa. So if they don't want WR in the 1st round they'll try to trade down, or just pick a player with value for a #7 pick.

    How about Adrian Peterson. I would like him along side Taylor.
    Blalock is moving up many mock draft boards...so we could possibly take him at #7 (although I would prefer to go with Peterson if he's still there).
    Blalock is not moving up that much I've heard he is pretty much a guard at the next level not a tackle he will go late first or early second.

    On the subject in question no Calvin will not be available I don't see him getting past Tampa Bay and we will likely go elsewhere with the 1st rounder and try for a WR later on day 1.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  5. #25
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    "FuadFan" wrote:
    On the subject in question no Calvin will not be available I don't see him getting past Tampa Bay and we will likely go elsewhere with the 1st rounder and try for a WR later on day 1.
    I have seen a couple of mocks where he goes to TB, but I just don't see it happening.
    They have other, more pressing needs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #26
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    Ok, if Calvin Johnson somehow does slip to #7 (it is possible) and Childress DOESN'T take him, I will be convinced that without a doubt he for sure is the stupidest coach in the NFL.

    I won't even read anyones posts trying to defend him.

    The chances of Johnson dropping that far are pretty low, so I doubt we will have to worry about Childress messing it up.

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    "baumy300" wrote:
    Ok, if Calvin Johnson somehow does slip to #7 (it is possible) and Childress DOESN'T take him, I will be convinced that without a doubt he for sure is the stupidest coach in the NFL.

    I won't even read anyones posts trying to defend him.

    The chances of Johnson dropping that far are pretty low, so I doubt we will have to worry about Childress messing it up.
    Considering that Childress did pretty well on last year's draft, I don't think we have to worry about him screwing this one up.
    Let's review:

    Greenway - Jury's out because he got hurt before the regular season started, but from his preseason play looking like a good pick

    Griffin - Beat out Smoot for the starting CB slot halfway through the season

    Cook - Started the final three games of the season

    Jackson - Finished 2006 as the starter, and most likely our starting QB in 2007.

    Edwards - Started two games in 2006.
    OK as a backup.

    Blue - Started two games, including the opener against Washington.
    Looked pretty good in that game.

    So every one of our picks last year started at least two games.
    Three of them have potential to be starters this year.
    All in all pretty good, so I think we can give Childress some credit in the draft.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    Ok, if Calvin Johnson somehow does slip to #7 (it is possible) and Childress DOESN'T take him, I will be convinced that without a doubt he for sure is the stupidest coach in the NFL.

    I won't even read anyones posts trying to defend him.

    The chances of Johnson dropping that far are pretty low, so I doubt we will have to worry about Childress messing it up.
    Considering that Childress did pretty well on last year's draft, I don't think we have to worry about him screwing this one up.
    Let's review:

    Greenway - Jury's out because he got hurt before the regular season started, but from his preseason play looking like a good pick

    Griffin - Beat out Smoot for the starting CB slot halfway through the season

    Cook - Started the final three games of the season

    Jackson - Finished 2006 as the starter, and most likely our starting QB in 2007.

    Edwards - Started two games in 2006.
    OK as a backup.

    Blue - Started two games, including the opener against Washington.
    Looked pretty good in that game.

    So every one of our picks last year started at least two games.
    Three of them have potential to be starters this year.
    All in all pretty good, so I think we can give Childress some credit in the draft.
    The FA was my favorite of all time, the whole poison pill debacle was entertaining.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #29
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    When you really look at it, it doesn't matter what other teams do, as much as what we do.. If we trade for a proven WR, or pick up one or two in FA, we won't be looking at WR in the 1st rd of the draft anyways..

    If that happens, we either go with OL, or DL.. With Erasmus James coming back next season, I believe they will look seriously at the OL with our #7 pick.. This of course depends on what we do in FA, or trades...
    I don't think there will be an OL player with value for a #7 pick because I expect Joe Thomas to go before that (most likely to Detroit).

    I think they could pick for bpa. So if they don't want WR in the 1st round they'll try to trade down, or just pick a player with value for a #7 pick.

    How about Adrian Peterson. I would like him along side Taylor.
    Blalock is moving up many mock draft boards...so we could possibly take him at #7 (although I would prefer to go with Peterson if he's still there).
    We're not taking a guard at 7.

    The only offensive line position that will ever go that early is left tackle.

  10. #30
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Considering that Childress did pretty well on last year's draft, I don't think we have to worry about him screwing this one up.
    Let's review:

    All in all pretty good, so I think we can give Childress some credit in the draft.
    Childress?
    Childress??
    How quickly we forget the Fran Foley Reign of Terror.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Calvin Johnson Signing
    By ejmat in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 08:26 AM
  2. Calvin Johnson To The Saints???
    By SageVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 04:34 PM
  3. Other than Calvin Johnson
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
  4. Are you willing to trade up to #3 to get Calvin Johnson?
    By defensiveplaymaker1 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 07:46 AM
  5. CALVIN JOHNSON!!!
    By lilvikes33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 08:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •