Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will Calvin Johnson drop to number 7?

"cogitans" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    When you really look at it, it doesn't matter what other teams do, as much as what we do.. If we trade for a proven WR, or pick up one or two in FA, we won't be looking at WR in the 1st rd of the draft anyways..

If that happens, we either go with OL, or DL.. With Erasmus James coming back next season, I believe they will look seriously at the OL with our #7 pick.. This of course depends on what we do in FA, or trades...
    I don't think there will be an OL player with value for a #7 pick because I expect Joe Thomas to go before that (most likely to Detroit).

I think they could pick for bpa. So if they don't want WR in the 1st round they'll try to trade down, or just pick a player with value for a #7 pick.

How about Adrian Peterson. I would like him along side Taylor.
    Blalock is moving up many mock draft boards...so we could possibly take him at #7 (although I would prefer to go with Peterson if he's still there).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Williamson82 is offline Waterboy

calvin johnson has zero chance of falling to #7.
    I really want Gaines Adams anyway, but if he goes I'd be ok with jarrett.
    Peterson would not be a good selection IMO.
    I know he's a can't miss pro, but we have far bigger needs.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Williamson82" wrote:
    calvin johnson has zero chance of falling to #7...
    Those odds don't seem very good.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    When you really look at it, it doesn't matter what other teams do, as much as what we do.. If we trade for a proven WR, or pick up one or two in FA, we won't be looking at WR in the 1st rd of the draft anyways..

If that happens, we either go with OL, or DL.. With Erasmus James coming back next season, I believe they will look seriously at the OL with our #7 pick.. This of course depends on what we do in FA, or trades...
    I don't think there will be an OL player with value for a #7 pick because I expect Joe Thomas to go before that (most likely to Detroit).

I think they could pick for bpa. So if they don't want WR in the 1st round they'll try to trade down, or just pick a player with value for a #7 pick.

Blalock is moving up many mock draft boards...so we could possibly take him at #7 (although I would prefer to go with Peterson if he's still there).
    Blalock is not moving up that much I've heard he is pretty much a guard at the next level not a tackle he will go late first or early second.

On the subject in question no Calvin will not be available I don't see him getting past Tampa Bay and we will likely go elsewhere with the 1st rounder and try for a WR later on day 1.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"FuadFan" wrote:
    On the subject in question no Calvin will not be available I don't see him getting past Tampa Bay and we will likely go elsewhere with the 1st rounder and try for a WR later on day 1.
    I have seen a couple of mocks where he goes to TB, but I just don't see it happening.
    They have other, more pressing needs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Ok, if Calvin Johnson somehow does slip to #7 (it is possible) and Childress DOESN'T take him, I will be convinced that without a doubt he for sure is the stupidest coach in the NFL.

I won't even read anyones posts trying to defend him.

The chances of Johnson dropping that far are pretty low, so I doubt we will have to worry about Childress messing it up.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"baumy300" wrote:
    Ok, if Calvin Johnson somehow does slip to #7 (it is possible) and Childress DOESN'T take him, I will be convinced that without a doubt he for sure is the stupidest coach in the NFL.

The chances of Johnson dropping that far are pretty low, so I doubt we will have to worry about Childress messing it up.
    Considering that Childress did pretty well on last year's draft, I don't think we have to worry about him screwing this one up.
    Let's review:

Greenway - Jury's out because he got hurt before the regular season started, but from his preseason play looking like a good pick

Griffin - Beat out Smoot for the starting CB slot halfway through the season

Cook - Started the final three games of the season

Jackson - Finished 2006 as the starter, and most likely our starting QB in 2007.

Edwards - Started two games in 2006.
    OK as a backup.

Blue - Started two games, including the opener against Washington.
    Looked pretty good in that game.

So every one of our picks last year started at least two games.
    Three of them have potential to be starters this year.
    All in all pretty good, so I think we can give Childress some credit in the draft.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

Considering that Childress did pretty well on last year's draft, I don't think we have to worry about him screwing this one up.
    Let's review:

Greenway - Jury's out because he got hurt before the regular season started, but from his preseason play looking like a good pick

Griffin - Beat out Smoot for the starting CB slot halfway through the season

Cook - Started the final three games of the season

Jackson - Finished 2006 as the starter, and most likely our starting QB in 2007.

Edwards - Started two games in 2006.
    OK as a backup.

Blue - Started two games, including the opener against Washington.
    Looked pretty good in that game.

So every one of our picks last year started at least two games.
    Three of them have potential to be starters this year.
    All in all pretty good, so I think we can give Childress some credit in the draft.
    The FA was my favorite of all time, the whole poison pill debacle was entertaining.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

We're not taking a guard at 7.

The only offensive line position that will ever go that early is left tackle.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Let's review:

Childress?
    Childress??
    How quickly we forget the Fran Foley Reign of Terror.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast