Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Wilf: Vikings still looking for players

    [size=13pt]Wilf: Vikings still looking for players[/size]

    The team owner says that although he has shelled out big bucks for three players, he is not opposed to adding another if the fit is right.

    By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

    Last update: March 8, 2008 - 9:16 PM

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: Wilf: Vikings still looking for players

    Hmmm... interesting article on many fronts.
    The commitment to the metrodome over the next few years, the quote that players around the league know that we are building for a long term championship contending team, spielman getting first mention followed by Childress and then Bryszenski.

    He seems a bit giddy in this article, must like the good press he is getting.
    Either way its good to see him talking in the spirit of trying to win championships.
    Hope this year brings us a few steps forward to that goal, though even Zygi recognizes we are not there yet.

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Wilf: Vikings still looking for players

    "Like I said, it's going to take building year after year, and I think we've started getting it pretty good as we've started to understand what it takes to put together a ballclub that's built for the long run and not just for the one-shot affair," Wilf said. "I think that's what we're trying to do. And I think bringing Rick [Spielman] aboard and having coach Brad Childress work with him and Rob [Brzezinski] has worked.

    "What I had envisioned, and with my brother Mark's input -- I think we're working as a team behind the scenes to put the players I think that can work together to get ourselves a championship, and that's what we're going to try to do."
    Marrdro's going to love this.

    I'm betting part of this makes it in his sig area comments.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Wilf: Vikings still looking for players

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Like I said, it's going to take building year after year, and I think we've started getting it pretty good as we've started to understand what it takes to put together a ballclub that's built for the long run and not just for the one-shot affair," Wilf said. "I think that's what we're trying to do. And I think bringing Rick [Spielman] aboard and having coach Brad Childress work with him and Rob [Brzezinski] has worked.

    "What I had envisioned, and with my brother Mark's input -- I think we're working as a team behind the scenes to put the players I think that can work together to get ourselves a championship, and that's what we're going to try to do."
    Marrdro's going to love this.

    I'm betting part of this makes it in his sig area comments.
    Naw, I never need justification when I know I am right about something.
    Well, almost never.

    Something did cross my mind though, as we sit and look at thier FA signings we see that they typically (almost exclusively) like to sign young guys coming off thier first contracts.

    Wonder if FA that are going into thier 3rd contract know this and don't even try to come or maybe, ask and the Vikes typically say they aren't interested.
    I know its speculation, but kindof makes sense to me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Wilf: Vikings still looking for players

    [size=13pt]Vikings Still Pursuing Players?[/size]

    by Andrew Kneeland (Columnist)
    bleacherreport.com


    March 10, 2008



    Hang tight folks, this off-season isn't over yet....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Wilf: Vikings still looking for players

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings Still Pursuing Players?[/size]

    by Andrew Kneeland (Columnist)
    bleacherreport.com


    March 10, 2008



    Hang tight folks, this off-season isn't over yet....
    Thanks for the read Singer.

    Wow, so much negativity from this guy.
    Maybe he longs for the days of Red McCombs instead of the Wilf Ownership group.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Wilf: Vikings still looking for players

    I swear that a mild form, or, in some cases, a severe form of mental retardation has to be present to write many of these articles.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #8
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wilf: Vikings still looking for players

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings Still Pursuing Players?[/size]

    by Andrew Kneeland (Columnist)
    bleacherreport.com


    March 10, 2008



    Hang tight folks, this off-season isn't over yet....
    Thanks for the read Singer.

    Wow, so much negativity from this guy.
    Maybe he longs for the days of Red McCombs instead of the Wilf Ownership group.
    :
    agree on that and I wouldn't have said that TE was a glaring need either at this time. Still it keeps him off the streets and away from reality
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Wilf: Vikings still looking for players

    "Prophet" wrote:
    I swear that a mild form, or, in some cases, a severe form of mental retardation has to be present to write many of these articles.
    Or they get thier ideas for articles from web pages like this.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Q & A with Vikings owner Zygi Wilf
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 08:30 AM
  2. Wilf pleased with Vikings' position
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 07:58 AM
  3. Investing in the Vikings, Wilf vs. Red
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 12:17 PM
  4. Zygi Wilf On The Vikings, A Stadium And More
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM
  5. Wilf says Vikings 'on the right track'
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •