Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Wilf shuts his wallet after little return on investments

[size=13pt]Wilf shuts his wallet after little return on investments[/size]

Times are tough, especially if you're a Vikings owner looking for deep playoff runs, no blackout threats and a new stadium.

By PATRICK REUSSE, Star Tribune

Last update: April 22, 2009 - 11:42 PM

Zygi Wilf fired coach Mike Tice on the last day of the 2005 season and announced Brad Childress as the replacement five days later. The Vikings owner tried to give his new man a jump start by doling out $28.6 million in guaranteed money over the next few weeks....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Wilf shuts his wallet after little return on investments

[img]http://Featured comment

I would close my wallet as well....
    When you have an idiot like Brad Childress as the helm, what more can you expect? It all starts with him...and it confuses me why Ziggy … read more hasn't fired him yet.[/img]

Yutz fan.
    He should have said, "I would close my wallet as well once I realized I wasn't gonna get a new stadium from MN.
    Rollup the doors and get the packing trucks.
    The new state will build me one."
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Thank You Pawlenty and your wonderful politics

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

lame article .... this guy doesn't know crap ......

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

[img width=450 height=335]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/1032217870_d8e75744dc.jpg[/img]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ...He should have said, "I would close my wallet as well once I realized I wasn't gonna get a new stadium from MN.
    I agree with that...I think Ziggy is preparing to leave.

However, I also agree that his choice of Chiller has contributed a great deal to our lack of significant success.
    That lack has contributed to a lack of excitement about the team from both fans and the legislature (No one lets a superbowl caliber team to leave).
    And that lack of excitement has contributed to the lack of action on the part of the State government to correct the stadium discrepancy...after all, it isn't like the issue crept up on them.

So, in a way, you COULD blame Chiller for all of this...partly...and be absolutely correct.
    But I won't do that.
    After all, Ziggy hired him.
    So he's really got no one to blame but himself.

And if you'll recall, when we heard he was buying the team from Red *licks lemmings* McCombs, I did say that I hoped our new owner would be smart enough to hire a GM to run the team and not try and play with his "new toy".
    Ziggy couldn't resist, and the end result hasn't been what it could have been.

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I've said it before, but our problems start at the very top, which is Wilf.
    We were ecstatic to have him, because compared to McCombs, I could have ran an organization better... (maybe not, but you get the point)
    Its great he's opening his pockets to sign players, but the more important thing is coaches.
    We need GOOD ones, not just lots of them.
    He refuses to can chilly, and as far as I can tell, he hasn't even made it clear that his job is on the line.
    He needs to step in, tell him a) get better players and start winning, change your strategy, or b) gtf out, i can find someone better.

We all say Tice was a "players coach", well I think Zygi is a "Coaches Owner".

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ...He should have said, "I would close my wallet as well once I realized I wasn't gonna get a new stadium from MN.

However, I also agree that his choice of Chiller has contributed a great deal to our lack of significant success.
    That lack has contributed to a lack of excitement about the team from both fans and the legislature (No one lets a superbowl caliber team to leave).
    And that lack of excitement has contributed to the lack of action on the part of the State government to correct the stadium discrepancy...after all, it isn't like the issue crept up on them.

So, in a way, you COULD blame Chiller for all of this...partly...and be absolutely correct.
    But I won't do that.

And if you'll recall, when we heard he was buying the team from Red *licks lemmings* McCombs, I did say that I hoped our new owner would be smart enough to hire a GM to run the team and not try and play with his "new toy".

Caine
    Interesting post. You could blame Wilf but really we have brought in some really good talent. The thing that we have lacked was a QB. From what I had read that is Childresses area. I will stick to blaming him. With a QB, IMO we win a Super Bowl or at least have a very very good chance. Winning a Super Bowl will change fans and the states minds on a stadium.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

But I won't do that.

Caine
    Interesting post. You could blame Wilf but really we have brought in some really good talent. The thing that we have lacked was a QB. From what I had read that is Childresses area. I will stick to blaming him. With a QB, IMO we win a Super Bowl or at least have a very very good chance. Winning a Super Bowl will change fans and the states minds on a stadium.
    yes, blame childress for part of it, but why isn't Wilf sticking his head in the door saying "WTF?
    why do we suck at the passing game ever since you took over brad?
    Fix it."
    I'm sure if he said that, and meant it, we'd have Cutler by now. (or at least made a significant move instead of trading for an old faster version of Frerrotte)

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

what a retarded fucking article.
    you cant blow out FA every year.
    ask a redskins fan.

Fuck fatty ruesse

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast