Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Wilf makes it known he's not cutting back

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Wilf makes it known he's not cutting back

"Our actions of the last several years have spoken larger than words," said Wilf, speaking Sunday about the team publicly for the first time since the loss to the Saints in the NFC Championship Game. "We spend when it's appropriate..."
    Best. Owner. Ever.

On a side note, I noticed that the Wilf, who has long been a proponent of an open air stadium, has changed his tune a little bit.

Wilf said it's important to have an indoor stadium. "I think we're making some progress," he said. "I think everybody realizes that we need to get something done, not just for the football, for the Vikings, but we need to have a facility that can really attract all those events that the great cities of America are getting. We should be able to get the Final Four, we should get the Super Bowl, and we should get things like Indy is getting. Why shouldn't we get them in Minnesota?"
    Just speculation here, but considering before he was committed to spending 1/3 the cost of a new stadium without a roof, this change in public statement could reflect a stadium and financing plan in the works that will get the Vikings endorsement. And if the Vikings are willing to concede a roof, then they must be conceding to someone - which makes me think that there is some legislative involvement in this as well.

I could be reading into this a bit, but we know for a fact that there are several lobbyists working for the Vikings now, and there have been meetings and talks with the Vikings and various members of the legislature. I am hoping to see something positive soon... I actually doubt that there will be a new stadium this year, but I do fully expect to see some positive gains between the state and the team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Wilf makes it known he's not cutting back

NodakPaul wrote:
    Best. Owner. Ever.
    Agree. I don't think the Vikes could have got a better owner than the current Ownership Group that has them now.

Perfect fit at the perfect time.

I could be reading into this a bit, but we know for a fact that there are several lobbyists working for the Vikings now, and there have been meetings and talks with the Vikings and various members of the legislature. I am hoping to see something positive soon... I actually doubt that there will be a new stadium this year, but I do fully expect to see some positive gains between the state and the team.
    Read away my friend, read away. Makes damn good sense to me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Wilf makes it known he's not cutting back

Based on his past performance with the Vikings, only the most hard-core of the chicken littles would presume he is cutting back.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Prophet wrote:
    Based on his past performance with the Vikings, only the most hard-core of the chicken littles would presume he is cutting back.
    Over/Under of number of days until someone on PP.O posts a "Why aren't we doing anything in Free Agency"?

I got 11.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Over/Under of number of days until someone on PP.O posts a "Why aren't we doing anything in Free Agency"?

I got 11.
    You lost, there already is stuff like that floating around on the boards. Not even joking either, totally serious.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Hahah Proph!

Anyway, I agree with ya Nodak. I have only a minor 'tiff' with the current owndership, and even then, it's minor (the handling of Tice).

Also, very interesting stuff about the stadium issue.. I think he's realizing that the only way to get even a toe in the door is to accept an indoor stadium (something I don't like, but if it keeps the Vikings in Minnesota then so be it).
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(