Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Why are you a Vikings Fan?

I wish my story was as interesting as some of yours. Its kind of strange that I'm a Vikings fan. Sure, one entire side of family and part of the other are Vikings fans, but I only lived in Minny till I was 3, then moved to Wisconsin, and now live in Michigan. Also my dad is a Bears fan and some of my best friends are Packers or Lions fans. (My dads kind of weird, though. he likes teams from states he's lived in, and so he likes Bears, Packers, and kind of Vikings. veeeeerrrrrryyyyyyyyy weird.)
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    We have done this many times before...so I will give you the short version.

I am originally from Louisiana and should by all rights be a Saints fan...BUT I'm not and never have been...always been a Vikings fan and here's why.

When I was in kindergarten, my family and I moved to a new neighborhood...and there I met an older woman (she was a year older than me) who rooted for the Vikings and even had a Fran Tarkenton jersey that she always wore. My dad isn't much of a sports fan, so I started watching games with my new lady friend...and just followed her lead and rooted for the Vikings...and I've been a devout Vikings fan ever since. I can also relate to the "Sears" reference made by someone earlier...my mom used to order me all the Vikings gear that Sears had when Christmas rolled around...so that I could show my "Purple Pride" even back then! VIKINGS FOR LIFE!!!

All right this is off the subject, but your sears reference made me think of my childhood. Does anyone remember as kid waiting for the Sears Christmas Wish Book to arrive and then spend hours circling every toy that you wanted? Didn't JCPenny have one also. Things the internet ruined.

sirweeze is offline Starter

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

I am originally from Louisiana and should by all rights be a Saints fan...BUT I'm not and never have been...always been a Vikings fan and here's why.

When I was in kindergarten, my family and I moved to a new neighborhood...and there I met an older woman (she was a year older than me) who rooted for the Vikings and even had a Fran Tarkenton jersey that she always wore. My dad isn't much of a sports fan, so I started watching games with my new lady friend...and just followed her lead and rooted for the Vikings...and I've been a devout Vikings fan ever since. I can also relate to the "Sears" reference made by someone earlier...my mom used to order me all the Vikings gear that Sears had when Christmas rolled around...so that I could show my "Purple Pride" even back then! VIKINGS FOR LIFE!!!

All right this is off the subject, but your sears reference made me think of my childhood. Does anyone remember as kid waiting for the Sears Christmas Wish Book to arrive and then spend hours circling every toy that you wanted? Didn't JCPenny have one also. Things the internet ruined.
    YES, I remember doing this every year as a kid. I especially wanted the really crappy guitar and drumkit they had in there every year.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I grew up a little west of minneapolis in Waconia

Thanks PurpleMafia

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"sirweeze" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Apparently Tommy Kramer fans are about the same age.

YES, I remember doing this every year as a kid. I especially wanted the really crappy guitar and drumkit they had in there every year.

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

My parent's didn't drop me on my head when I was baby.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

I don't remember the Sears one, but JC Penny still comes out with one every year. My mom gets it. I remember going through that when I was little and making my Christmas list that was 3 pages long with the things I wanted :lol:

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Its all because of one man I am a huge Vikings fan! Its all because of the great Herschel Walker!!! LOL J/K

Prophet Guest

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    I spent my young years near the 'birthplace of Sears', North Redwood, near Redwood Falls, MN. Yes, I remember that.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

It's all my dad's fault, he was a big Bud Grant fan from when Bud was in the CFL, lots of stories about how tough Bud was as a player and coach, no heaters on the sidelines, no gloves etc, the old Met and my grandfather was from Sweden so I guess I have the Viking blood.

Also grow up in Saskatchewan and am a Leafs fan so I'm a bit of a magnet for curses (Al Bundy like)...re the Vikings curse :lol:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast