Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Why are you a Vikings Fan?

saw a commercial for nfl merchandise, and saw a clip of cris carter and r. smith, and i have like them since.

When I was 7 years old, my Dad bought me a jacket of the Vikings. I didn't know anything about the Vikings. All I knew is that they were gonna be on tv the next day against the Rams..the Vikes won and that was that..I was hooked. I still remember sitting there watching a #44 run up and down the field. The next week my Dad took me back to Sears and bought me a Chuck Foreman jersey...think back to the 1970's, I'm talking about the jerseys that were purple,said Vikings across the chest.... That was 1976...and I'm still a Vikings fan !!!!!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Ok, well your original question in the title kind of changes my answer when in your actual post you ask how you became a fan. To answer the question of your title why I'm a Vikings fan... see the beautiful thing about this site, (one of the reasons I love it so much) is that I don't have to explain why I'm a fan, because everyone else loves the Vikes as much as I do and I don't need to explain it because they feel what I feel when it comes to the Vikes. Now your question how I became a Vikes fan, yes I will admit I was one of those 98 "bandwagon" fans. I went to a preseason game with my family, and just fell in love with the game of football and the Vikes. I never thought I could come to love a team so much but I did. Ever since that year I haven't missed a game, I'm a diehard fan and will be for life!
    I'm happy you are a Vikings fan now. But, I always wondered how great could it be if the Vikes had won the Super Bowl that year since you had just jumped on? Seems like a wierd question but now that you have followed for 8 years, isn't it seem to be more rewarding to have anguished for many years?

Json is offline GM

I have loved the vikings for as long as I can remember. I was born in Minneapolis but moved to Iowa (please refrain from corn field jokes...thanks) but was still able to watch all the games as I grew up.

My mother use to buy me Vikings stuff all the time and I just have had a huge obsession for them ever since.

I would die if the Vikings ever moved out of Minnesota. Thats why getting a new stadium is the upmost importance for Minnesota Viking fans and Minnesota in general. GO ZYGI!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I always followed Cris Carter. I was estatic when the Vikes got him from Philly.. I love his style of play, and his desire to win.. No other WR (including Randy Moss) can catch a pass on the sidelines like #80..

I also followed Randy Moss in his college days at Marshall. I was hoping that every other team ahead of the Vikes would pass on him because of his attitude. The Vikes ended up getting him, and the rst is history as they say. My love grew even stronger when I moved to Wisconsin, being able to rub being a Viking fan in the face of the cheese, is truly a blessing.. I have been a Viking fan for a very long time now, and that will never change..

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Because I'm from Minny!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We have done this many times before...so I will give you the short version.

I am originally from Louisiana and should by all rights be a Saints fan...BUT I'm not and never have been...always been a Vikings fan and here's why.

When I was in kindergarten, my family and I moved to a new neighborhood...and there I met an older woman (she was a year older than me) who rooted for the Vikings and even had a Fran Tarkenton jersey that she always wore. My dad isn't much of a sports fan, so I started watching games with my new lady friend...and just followed her lead and rooted for the Vikings...and I've been a devout Vikings fan ever since. I can also relate to the "Sears" reference made by someone earlier...my mom used to order me all the Vikings gear that Sears had when Christmas rolled around...so that I could show my "Purple Pride" even back then! VIKINGS FOR LIFE!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Well, when my mommy and daddy met they had "relations" and I just turned out that way. The same as when I got dark hair, green eyes, etc ... Just Born to Bleed Purple !!! What else can I say ... I'm one of the lucky few.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I've told this story before and I'll never get tired of it...

When I was 6 years old, my father signed me up for the West Hartford,CT youth football league.

The Pee Wee League was the first league you could get involved with.

My teams name was the West Hartford Vikings.....After maybe a week or two worth of practices, it was on a weekend, I found my Dad watching football in the living room on TV.....I asked who was playing and he said his favorite team, the NY Giants. I asked him then, is there a Pro Team named the Vikings, like the name my Pee Wee Team had. He said yes, the Minnesota Vikings, right then and there I said "I'm going to be a fan of the Vikings then"....He almost hit the floor, and tried to talk me out of it, but my mind was made up and I've never turned back since.

Vikes Fan for Life......

That was in 1967

One thing I never did understand was the uniforms we wore where Green and White....WTF ????? But we did have the horns on our helmets.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Well, when my mommy and daddy met they had "relations" and I just turned out that way. The same as when I got dark hair, green eyes, etc ... Just Born to Bleed Purple !!! What else can I say ... I'm one of the lucky few.
    lol... that was cute.

Pretty much the same story here. My mom is a huge huge football fan and I'd watch football with her every Sunday. Even though I didn't really appreciate the game as much when I was younger it was just basically a Sunday tradition to watch football and cheer for the Vikings. It never occured to me that I could pick my own team, the Vikings were the ONLY team!

When I got into high school and would go to the football games on Friday nights the boys were always impressed because I could cheer and actually know what I was cheering for.

The more and more I watched, the more and more I loved the game. And now here I am today... a girl that is completely obsessed with the Vikings.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast