Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Why are you a Vikings Fan?

I noticed that many in this forum are not from MN. How did you become a Vikes fan?

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Why are you a Vikings Fan?

Grew up there. I'm an addict. Vikes tease you just enough to think they may do it. Always chasing the high.

I think it would be easier to be a Lions fan and just know you are gonna suck.

Because every other team in the league sucks.....especially Green Bay, Philadelphia, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Green Bay.

sirweeze is offline Starter

I grew up on the east side of the Twin Cities and have lived here my entire life. I went out for Halloween as Tommy Kramer two years in a row. I knew no other way other than to watch the Vikings.

My dad was a season ticket holder in the late 60s also, so a lot came from him. (He detests the Metrodome, for the record)

Prophet Guest

Was born in MN and lived there for the first stint of my life. My Dad took some RNA and translated the genes into proteins that were put into certain cells where their main function was to cheer for the Vikings. These cells replicate themselves every four minutes so there is no escape from being a Vikings fan, no matter how hard I try.

purplepride818 is offline Starter

both sides of my family are from Minnesota except me. so i grew up rooting for the vikings because my moms a hardcore fan. plus i fuckin hate the raiders

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I just followed them since I was a young'n. I really liked Scott Studwell & Anthony Carter at the time. I just stuck....

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Ok, well your original question in the title kind of changes my answer when in your actual post you ask how you became a fan. To answer the question of your title why I'm a Vikings fan... see the beautiful thing about this site, (one of the reasons I love it so much) is that I don't have to explain why I'm a fan, because everyone else loves the Vikes as much as I do and I don't need to explain it because they feel what I feel when it comes to the Vikes. Now your question how I became a Vikes fan, yes I will admit I was one of those 98 "bandwagon" fans. I went to a preseason game with my family, and just fell in love with the game of football and the Vikes. I never thought I could come to love a team so much but I did. Ever since that year I haven't missed a game, I'm a diehard fan and will be for life!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Viking fan since birth. My parents were never really huge fans but everyone else I knew was a fan. I started watching the games when I was about 3 and i've been hooked since. I've known no other team to like.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Always lived in West Virginia and kept up with Randy during his Marshall days. Was curious to see how he would do when he went Pro so I started watching the Vikings. I was younger so I believe their style of play had a part to do with it. Exciting football but over the years I grew tired of Randy and started to lean more toward Culpepper. Eventually even his actions over the past few seasons started bugging me.

Even in Basketball (my favorite sport) I only started watching in 95 and it was the Lakers who caught my eye. Again I think it had to do with the fast paced play style that my young immature self enjoyed. Seemed to go for the flash over the substance.

In the end as I've gotten older I think I've became more loyal which is why I stand by both teams. Also care less for the show offs and big mouth players and appreciate the guys that take their professions serious now.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast