Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bengele is offline Waterboy

Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

"bleedpurple" wrote:

so you want to give up the farm for a QB who will play another 4-6 years?... super bowl or not.. that's entirely to much.. I'd give up a 1st and a conditional 1-3 next year for a cutler or McNabb... but with all the picks we've been trading away, our window will close faster than a stick trying to hold up 2 tons of cow pooh!!...

Last week Seifert blogged that the Vikings have used eight draft picks on quarterbacks after Culpepper left. Just something to think about. Though I do agree that trading some one three years into his career does sound better than some one three years from the end.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I agree that McNabb would be the perfect fit for us. Experienced, proven, superstar. His numbers speak for themselves. As for how much to give up that is tough, but a 1st and two 3rds seems
    reasonable. Of course this is all based on the thinking that the eagles are considering moving him, which is hard to imagine.
    Still if it hasn't been done already someone from the Vikes should get on the phone and find out if a trade is possible. My guess is they have already talked to the eagles and have been rejected.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/donovanmcnabb/profile?id=MCN017517

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

The answer is obvious...he's a 32 year-old superstar, locker room leader and respected, proven performer.

The how is the hard part, but, not out of the question.
    Living in the shadow of Philly (3 miles from the PA border, in Delaware), our TV is all Philly.
    Virtually all of my friends are Eagles fans.
    I can tell you that letting Dawkins go is a very clear signal in their eyes that the Eagles are going a different direction.
    I'm not sure if I agree, but, if they are, it is not out of the realm of possibility that McNabb is moved.

Admittedly, he is a bit of a high maintenance star; in that, he has publicly stated, "I am extremely optimistic that I will end my career in Philly.
    I love it here, I love the fans, the city, my teammates, etc."
    On the other hand, he has also publicly complained that the Eagles "have done nothing in Free Agency to upgrade this Team."
    He has been quite vocal about his desire for the Eagles to pursue TJ Housh and was pissed off in the past for not pursuing Randy Moss, Wes Welker (even though they did sign Kevin Curtis).
    He is a rather fickle guy, but, one helluva football player and a great leader.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

my biggest point is if oyu have the opportunity to get a guy like McNabb you do it. yeah, Cutler is younger but he is also unproven. jay cutler inheireted a playoff team and went on to post a 17-20 win-loss record. so i think if there ris even a whisper of a possibility to get McNabb you try it.
    and to pry him away from the eagles you're gonna have to swing a big offer.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"lukeshkin" wrote:
    my biggest point is if oyu have the opportunity to get a guy like McNabb you do it. yeah, Cutler is younger but he is also unproven. jay cutler inheireted a playoff team and went on to post a 17-20 win-loss record. so i think if there ris even a whisper of a possibility to get McNabb you try it.
    YEAR TEAMG CMP ATT
    PCT YDS

AVG TD LNG INT RAT
    2006 DEN 5 81 137 59.1 1001

7.3 9 71 5 88.5
    2007 DEN 16 297 467 63.6 3497 7.5 20 68 14 88.1
    2008 DEN 16 384 616 62.3 4526 7.3 25 93 18 86.0

That is a damn good first 3 seasons. I would also argue or defense and running game are now miles ahead of the broncos.

Back to reality though, teams don't trade a franchise QB.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

McNabb's the kinda guy I would take a chance on. Someone that has proved he can get somewhere with no receiving help.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Tad7" wrote:
    McNabb's the kinda guy I would take a chance on. Someone that has proved he can get somewhere with no receiving help.
    And then choke when it counts.

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "lukeshkin" wrote:
    YEAR TEAMG CMP ATT
    PCT YDS

AVG TD LNG INT RAT

7.3 9 71 5 88.5

That is a gol 'darnit good first 3 seasons. I would also argue or defense and running game are now miles ahead of the broncos.

We don't have time to wait for Jay Cutler to continue to develop he has no playoff experience and still throws too many int's.
    if we were gonna go the wait for developement route we'd continue to stick with t-jack

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"lukeshkin" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "lukeshkin" wrote:
    YEAR TEAMG CMP ATT
    PCT YDS

AVG TD LNG INT RAT

7.3 9 71 5 88.5

That is a gol 'darnit good first 3 seasons. I would also argue or defense and running game are now miles ahead of the broncos.

We don't have time to wait for Jay Cutler to continue to develop he has no playoff experience and still throws too many int's.
    if we were gonna go the wait for developement route we'd continue to stick with t-jack

Except that Cutler has a thing called TALENT... and T-Joke is a Backup at best.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"lukeshkin" wrote:
    I know I don't have a ton of posts and am not really a part of the PP.O clique but at least my post was well thought out.
    Yes it was.

But it never hurts to Search for past discussions.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast