Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75
  1. #1
    lukeshkin is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    145

    Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    Friends! PP.Oer's! Lend me your ears! Have you ever asked yourselves in an hour of meditation, which every one finds during the day, how long we have been seeking a Superbowl. Not only since 1998, as superficial observers of events might believe, not from January, 1960, when through guarantees to Minnesota, the NFL unleashed the conflagration with a purple and premeditated will.

    There have been reports that McNabb will quietly request a trade owing to the fact the Eagles have not added any weapons this year,and the seemingly deteriorating relationship with Andy Reid and the Eagles front office. This may seem a bit preliminary but I believe that now is the time for an aggresive play to acquire McNabb.


    http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/...b-keeping.html
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3929063

    McNabb is 32 and has had injury issues in recent seasons. But he obviously has knowledge of the system has a ton of playoff experiance and his production speaks for itself.

    Our offense would instantly become dynamic as the dual threat of Peterson and McNabb would be difficult to say the least for opposing defenses to gameplan for. Our receivers and tight ends would also benefit from the presence of McNabb as, apart from Terrell Owens, he has not had a "#1" receiver. McNabb has always been adept at distrubuting the ball to a number of receivers as well as tight ends and running backs in the passing game. Having McNabb would also benefit the defense as the offfense will be able to sustain drive and allow our defense, which does have some older veterans, to rest more in game. Another addition he would make is to be a valuable mentor to Tarvaris Jackson, who might learn best from the quarterback his skills are most often compared to, as far as Jackson is a "poor man's McNabb"

    Now, here is what I propose: trade this years 1st and a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd round pick next year,that can escalate to a 2nd if we make the playoffs and a 1st if we make the superbowl.

    It sounds like a lot, but right now we are merely Superbowl contenders. This move would make us Superbowl favorites.

    Is a Superbowl worth 3 draft picks?

  2. #2
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,497

    Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    This has never been brought up before on PPO.

    Congrats on being the first!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #3
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    Not going to happen. I have been saying this for the past year.

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  4. #4
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    "C" wrote:
    This has never been brought up before on PPO.

    Congrats on being the first!
    This guy is a genius!!! This thought has never crossed anyone elses mind.
    Lets put him in the genius thread.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  5. #5
    thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    694

    Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    i suppose it would be nice to have McNabb, but i'd rather keep what we'd have to give up for him and possibly get the 'next great quarterback', (i.e. Sam Bradford)


    sorry guys, as you will notice from my posts, i'm real big on Oklahoma, so i love most products from there.

    thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

    and yes... that just happened!

  6. #6
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,951

    Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    "lukeshkin" wrote:
    Friends! PP.Oer's! Lend me your ears! Have you ever asked yourselves in an hour of meditation, which every one finds during the day, how long we have been seeking a Superbowl. Not only since 1998, as superficial observers of events might believe, not from January, 1960, when through guarantees to Minnesota, the NFL unleashed the conflagration with a purple and premeditated will.

    There have been reports that McNabb will quietly request a trade owing to the fact the Eagles have not added any weapons this year,and the seemingly deteriorating relationship with Andy Reid and the Eagles front office. This may seem a bit preliminary but I believe that now is the time for an aggresive play to acquire McNabb.


    http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/...b-keeping.html
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3929063

    McNabb is 32 and has had injury issues in recent seasons. But he obviously has knowledge of the system has a ton of playoff experiance and his production speaks for itself.

    Our offense would instantly become dynamic as the dual threat of Peterson and McNabb would be difficult to say the least for opposing defenses to gameplan for. Our receivers and tight ends would also benefit from the presence of McNabb as, apart from Terrell Owens, he has not had a "#1" receiver. McNabb has always been adept at distrubuting the ball to a number of receivers as well as tight ends and running backs in the passing game. Having McNabb would also benefit the defense as the offfense will be able to sustain drive and allow our defense, which does have some older veterans, to rest more in game. Another addition he would make is to be a valuable mentor to Tarvaris Jackson, who might learn best from the quarterback his skills are most often compared to, as far as Jackson is a "poor man's McNabb"

    Now, here is what I propose: trade this years 1st and a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd round pick next year,that can escalate to a 2nd if we make the playoffs and a 1st if we make the superbowl.

    It sounds like a lot, but right now we are merely Superbowl contenders. This move would make us Superbowl favorites.

    Is a Superbowl worth 3 draft picks?
    so you want to give up the farm for a QB who will play another 4-6 years?... super bowl or not.. that's entirely to much.. I'd give up a 1st and a conditional 1-3 next year for a cutler or McNabb... but with all the picks we've been trading away, our window will close faster than a stick trying to hold up 2 tons of cow pooh!!...


  7. #7
    lukeshkin is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    145

    Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    This has never been brought up before on PPO.

    Congrats on being the first!
    This guy is a genius!!! This thought has never crossed anyone elses mind.
    Lets put him in the genius thread.

    First McNabb has never requested a trade before this point, adding validity to my post instead of the pure speculation that normally happens on this board. Second I am talking about this year.

  8. #8
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    "lukeshkin" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    This has never been brought up before on PPO.

    Congrats on being the first!
    This guy is a genius!!! This thought has never crossed anyone elses mind.
    Lets put him in the genius thread.
    Could still fit this in another McNabb thread though.
    Just trying to save the computer trees man.


    First McNabb has never requested a trade before this point, adding validity to my post instead of the pure speculation that normally happens on this board. Second I am talking about this year.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  9. #9
    lukeshkin is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    145

    Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    I know I don't have a ton of posts and am not really a part of the PP.O clique but at least my post was well thought out.

  10. #10
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

    "lukeshkin" wrote:
    I know I don't have a ton of posts and am not really a part of the PP.O clique but at least my post was well thought out.
    yeah it was, no one saying it wasnt, its just not going to happen. Philly is not going to trade than franchise QB after they went to the NFC Championship game last season

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Donovan McNabb to Minnesota Vikings?It makes sense
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 01:19 AM
  2. Donovan McNabb will wear #5 with the Vikings (Pic)
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 02:42 AM
  3. Why the Vikings Should Have Pursued Donovan McNabb
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 04:42 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
  5. So much for the Donovan Mcnabb thing
    By buliwyf in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 11:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •