Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    lukeshkin is offline Rookie

Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

Friends! PP.Oer's! Lend me your ears! Have you ever asked yourselves in an hour of meditation, which every one finds during the day, how long we have been seeking a Superbowl. Not only since 1998, as superficial observers of events might believe, not from January, 1960, when through guarantees to Minnesota, the NFL unleashed the conflagration with a purple and premeditated will.

There have been reports that McNabb will quietly request a trade owing to the fact the Eagles have not added any weapons this year,and the seemingly deteriorating relationship with Andy Reid and the Eagles front office. This may seem a bit preliminary but I believe that now is the time for an aggresive play to acquire McNabb.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/...b-keeping.html
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3929063

McNabb is 32 and has had injury issues in recent seasons. But he obviously has knowledge of the system has a ton of playoff experiance and his production speaks for itself.

Our offense would instantly become dynamic as the dual threat of Peterson and McNabb would be difficult to say the least for opposing defenses to gameplan for. Our receivers and tight ends would also benefit from the presence of McNabb as, apart from Terrell Owens, he has not had a "#1" receiver. McNabb has always been adept at distrubuting the ball to a number of receivers as well as tight ends and running backs in the passing game. Having McNabb would also benefit the defense as the offfense will be able to sustain drive and allow our defense, which does have some older veterans, to rest more in game. Another addition he would make is to be a valuable mentor to Tarvaris Jackson, who might learn best from the quarterback his skills are most often compared to, as far as Jackson is a "poor man's McNabb"

Now, here is what I propose: trade this years 1st and a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd round pick next year,that can escalate to a 2nd if we make the playoffs and a 1st if we make the superbowl.

It sounds like a lot, but right now we are merely Superbowl contenders. This move would make us Superbowl favorites.

Is a Superbowl worth 3 draft picks?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb

This has never been brought up before on PPO.

Congrats on being the first!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Not going to happen. I have been saying this for the past year.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"C" wrote:

This guy is a genius!!! This thought has never crossed anyone elses mind.
    Lets put him in the genius thread.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

i suppose it would be nice to have McNabb, but i'd rather keep what we'd have to give up for him and possibly get the 'next great quarterback', (i.e. Sam Bradford)

sorry guys, as you will notice from my posts, i'm real big on Oklahoma, so i love most products from there.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"lukeshkin" wrote:
    Friends! PP.Oer's! Lend me your ears! Have you ever asked yourselves in an hour of meditation, which every one finds during the day, how long we have been seeking a Superbowl. Not only since 1998, as superficial observers of events might believe, not from January, 1960, when through guarantees to Minnesota, the NFL unleashed the conflagration with a purple and premeditated will.

There have been reports that McNabb will quietly request a trade owing to the fact the Eagles have not added any weapons this year,and the seemingly deteriorating relationship with Andy Reid and the Eagles front office. This may seem a bit preliminary but I believe that now is the time for an aggresive play to acquire McNabb.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/...b-keeping.html
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3929063

McNabb is 32 and has had injury issues in recent seasons. But he obviously has knowledge of the system has a ton of playoff experiance and his production speaks for itself.

Our offense would instantly become dynamic as the dual threat of Peterson and McNabb would be difficult to say the least for opposing defenses to gameplan for. Our receivers and tight ends would also benefit from the presence of McNabb as, apart from Terrell Owens, he has not had a "#1" receiver. McNabb has always been adept at distrubuting the ball to a number of receivers as well as tight ends and running backs in the passing game. Having McNabb would also benefit the defense as the offfense will be able to sustain drive and allow our defense, which does have some older veterans, to rest more in game. Another addition he would make is to be a valuable mentor to Tarvaris Jackson, who might learn best from the quarterback his skills are most often compared to, as far as Jackson is a "poor man's McNabb"

Now, here is what I propose: trade this years 1st and a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd round pick next year,that can escalate to a 2nd if we make the playoffs and a 1st if we make the superbowl.

It sounds like a lot, but right now we are merely Superbowl contenders. This move would make us Superbowl favorites.

Is a Superbowl worth 3 draft picks?
    so you want to give up the farm for a QB who will play another 4-6 years?... super bowl or not.. that's entirely to much.. I'd give up a 1st and a conditional 1-3 next year for a cutler or McNabb... but with all the picks we've been trading away, our window will close faster than a stick trying to hold up 2 tons of cow pooh!!...

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

First McNabb has never requested a trade before this point, adding validity to my post instead of the pure speculation that normally happens on this board. Second I am talking about this year.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"lukeshkin" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Could still fit this in another McNabb thread though.
    Just trying to save the computer trees man.

First McNabb has never requested a trade before this point, adding validity to my post instead of the pure speculation that normally happens on this board. Second I am talking about this year.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

I know I don't have a ton of posts and am not really a part of the PP.O clique but at least my post was well thought out.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"lukeshkin" wrote:
    I know I don't have a ton of posts and am not really a part of the PP.O clique but at least my post was well thought out.
    yeah it was, no one saying it wasnt, its just not going to happen. Philly is not going to trade than franchise QB after they went to the NFC Championship game last season

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast