Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    JDante is offline Rookie

WHY WE NEED WHO I THINK WE NEED.

For starters, i am not opposed to keeping Daunte Culpepper. But i am COMPLETELY against forcing Daunte Culpepper to start with the current set of recievers here on the Vikes. He strong with his arm quick with his legs and powerful in his running game. BUT...he cant read a lick of defense. He cant THINK on his feet. He cant really just find the open man like other QBs such as Drew Brees, Peyton Manning Tom Brady. There is nothing WRONG with that its just not his style. And his style was working and everything for as long as we had Randy Moss. He made Culpeppers job easy. He wasnt really forced to think under any crazy situation wher he had to find the open man.

But now that Randy Moss is gone Culpepper has to try to read the defense and get to the open guy (who is usually Jeramine Wiggins 5 or 6 yards out in the middle of the field, wide open, easy pass). But Culpeppers game simply is not the proper matchup for a team with a recieving core as bad as this. None of them are playmakers, none of them can realy burn a defensive back, none of them are really anything special. You can argue all day that the oline was terrible and that made the recievers look bad because Culpepper wasnt hittig them on point, but if you want to argue that that is the reason Culpepper did bad, can you PLEASE explain to me why Brad Johnson did oh so good????Under the SAME EXACT OFFENSIVE LINE? PLEASE? NO? Okay...

What im sayin here IF WE DO start Culpepper, we need a reciever who can make his job easy again. If we dont get a reciever who can make Peps job easy again, get Drew Brees.

And by reciever who can make Culpeppers job easy again, i mean Chad Jackson. I wouldnt say he is Moss-like...i would probably call him a younger faster Terrel Owens. W/o tha attitude.

Another person i think we need is Edgerrin James. THE EDGE. you can argue that he is old, but 27 isnt THAT OLD. he has productive years ahead of him, maybe 4 or 5. i dont need to list his achievements, just that he is the perfect fit for the west coast offense. it is a fact. he can also catch. and..somewhat block. and his style of play just screams purple and gold. all of you mewelde moore fans would LOVE edgerrin james, the same style of play only a hunded thousand times better.

also, runnin backs are a dima a dozen. next year there will be another Deangelo Williams or Laurence Maroney. If not NEXT year the year after that. guarenteed. (never another reggie bush tho) If we sign a runnin back in the draft it would be idiotic because we can get the sure thing with Edgerrin James. And on top of that that means we would stil have our problems at wide reciever, yea thats right i said it PROBLEMS. (wouldnt be a problem if we had drew brees though..) lemme break it down:

JDantes breakdown of(IMO)the best possible outcome in the draft and FA:

First and Foremost:
    Sign Edgerrin James at Runnin Back for 3-4 years, which is basically till the end of his career.
    Because we dont have to sign a Running Back in the Draft, we can go after a Wide Reciever, Chad Jackson.

But theres a loophole thiere. We only need a wide reciever if we are keeping Daunte Culpepper. If we do not sign Chad Jackson, we should get Drew Brees. But we still sign Edgerrin James. He is at the top of the list for me, and then maybe Lavar Arrington.

But most important is signing Edgerrin James, because first of all there is no other Runnin Back in Free Agency that would be better suited in purple and gold then Edgerrin James, and secondly that would mean we would have to pursue a running back in the draft. what a waste of a first round pick. we have an option two great runnin backs Edgerin James and (possibly) Deangelo Williams. But why get one in the draf if u can get a free agent! Signing James would open up other options for us in the first round of tha draft, and gives us time for at least the next couple of years to not have to pursue a runnin back.

JDantes second best possible outcome in the draft and FA
    Sign Edgerrin James, sign Drew Brees, trade Culpepper for a second round draft pick, draft a defensive player in the firstround.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO GET
    Lavar Arrington
    Bentley OR Hutchinson(preferably Bentley)
    Warfield
    There are alot of other players out there but im staying realistic here.

So to wrap it up real BASICALLY as long as we sign Edgerrin James and dont waste the firstround draft pick on a RB i will be happy. And if we keep Culpepper we need to get Chad Jackson. And if we dont pursue Chad Jackson we drop Culpepper and pick up Brees.

yea thats it, please respond
    Yea.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: WHY WE NEED WHO I THINK WE NEED.

I disagree.

I think this off season we draft a RB, DeAngelo Williams, he is a special special player.

Trade Brian Williams to San Francisco for their second round pick, and get Sinorice Moss.

In Free Agency, get 2 linemen and a linebacker. LeCharles Bentley and/or Will Shields, and John Runyan. And get LaVar Arrington in Free Agency, I mentioned DeAngelo Williams was a special player, but Arrington is flat out amazing. And either resign Chavous, or pick up Tank Willams.

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

Are you talking about Chad Johnson, or is there a receiver I don't know named Chad Jackson.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    Are you talking about Chad Johnson, or is there a receiver I don't know named Chad Jackson.
    Hes in the draft this year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

You ASSU__ that Chad Jackson will be available at #17...at the current hype level, he will NOT!

The reason that I say ASSU__ and not ASSUME is that U will be the only A$$ in your scenario...not ME! :razz:

But seriously, Chad Jackson is unproven...while KRob has proven that he can play in the NFL (see his 2002 and 2003 stats before the alcohol problems). PLUS, we already have KRob...all we have to do is give him enough money to stay. IF he stays focused, he will LIGHT IT UP next season...no doubt!!!

So if we retain KRob and get Edge, we can get a starting calibre OT (McNeill) in the first round and our OL will be set for years to come...plus we have KRob and TWill to stretch the D and Burley and someone else to be the possession guy...plus Edge to tote the rock.

But Chad Jackson WILL NOT be there at #17...so you need to forget that!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    I disagree.

I think this off season we draft a RB, DeAngelo Williams, he is a special special player.

Trade Brian Williams to San Francisco for their second round pick, and get Sinorice Moss.

In Free Agency, get 2 linemen and a linebacker. LeCharles Bentley and/or Will Shields, and John Runyan. And get LaVar Arrington in Free Agency, I mentioned DeAngelo Williams was a special player, but Arrington is flat out amazing. And either resign Chavous, or pick up Tank Willams.
    These would be solid additions.

Are the 9ers going to pay franchise money for B-Will?

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I have said it b4 and will say it again. Chad Jackson was considered a 3rd round, MAYBE 2nd round, possesion receiver until he ran that fast time at the combine. If he was considered a "possesion" receiver in college against slower defenses, he OBVIOUSLY doesn't play at a speed that is anywhere close to his timed 40 speed. Let someone else buy into the 40 time equals great baller trap.

Thanks Lotza!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"damien927" wrote:
    I have said it b4 and will say it again. Chad Jackson was considered a 3rd round, MAYBE 2nd round, possesion receiver until he ran that fast time at the combine. If he was considered a "possesion" receiver in college against slower defenses, he OBVIOUSLY doesn't play at a speed that is anywhere close to his timed 40 speed. Let someone else buy into the 40 time equals great baller trap.

He also caught the ball extremely extremely well at the combine and showed he runs great routes. He never really had a great passing QB at florida these last 2 seasons, so I wouldn't look too much into his #'s in college either.

With that said, we have Troy Williamson to develope and I think he is gonna be a stud in this WCO. It is the perfect fit for him. Get him the ball quickly and let him use his speed and quickness to beat the defenders. We saw him excell at these types of routes a few times last year. He isn't a "throw the ball up and go get it down the field" type of WR and seems better served to use his speed after he has caught the ball.

I think both Williamson and Nate(hopefully he stays) are perfect for a WCO.

Skyliner is offline Rookie

Daunte would not have been so bad last year had he had K. Robinson, didn't lose Nate for four weeks, and had Troy Williamson not been ajusting to the nfl..

Troy and K. Robinson will make a good speed combination for next year. What we need more than a wide reicever is to biuld up the line with talent and get a running back that can force defenses to respect the run.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"damien927" wrote:
    Great assessment! Chad will be gone by #17...and he will end up being a pretty good WR for whomever takes him (Philly??? To replace TO?)...BUT we don't need him nor will we have a shot at him.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast